Doom 64: Retribution

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
hoover1979
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Doom 64: Retribution

Post by hoover1979 »

_mental_ wrote:Copy or move DOOMSND.SF2 to soundfonts folder.
Go to Options -> Sound Options -> MIDI Player Options -> FluidSynth menu and choose Select Configuration.
Pick DOOMSND is the list of soundfonts.
d64rtp_soundfont.png
Also, you can give this soundfont more distinct filename like Doom 64 Retribution.sf2.
Thank you for the tips. Much appreciated. :mrgreen:
Korell

Post by Korell »

Another option is to add the location of DOOMSND.SF2 for the D64 Retribution mod into the ini file. It goes in the section near the top of the file named: [SoundfontSearch.Directories]
I find this very useful for my setup as I have separate ini files for each mod that I call via command line using batch files to launch GZDoom, so this way DOOMSND.SF2 only shows up when I'm playing Doom 64 Retribution and not with other mods or the base games (where it sounds awful).
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Just dropped by to say that Retribution's Super Shotgun has less spread than Vanilla Doom's: 8.5, 5.8 instead of 11.2, 7.1, which equals to 7.15 or 9.15 respectively.

On a side note, is this a prank, or was Nevander banned? I can't see his avatar and his description says banned user, but neither the background of his posts is darker, nor is his name struck through in red. :?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

DabbingSquidward wrote: On a side note, is this a prank, or was Nevander banned? I can't see his avatar and his description says banned user, but neither the background of his posts is darker, nor is his name struck through in red. :?
He's just set his user title to "Banned User." He's only been banned once, for a single day, half a year ago.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

He's surely holding a grudge, considering that he's been completely ignoring this forum since that incident and no longer posts updates about his project here.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

And on that note, I don't see any point in leaving this thread out in the open just so it can be bumped again and again by people confused about the incident. He still posts updates on Doomworld, if you want to know more about this project and its state you can find him there. He linked it in his first post. In fact, here is the link: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/ ... tribution/

@ Nevander: If you do come back, and want this thread back, just report either my post or your own post and tell us.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”