Page 60 of 97

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:53 am
by WhyNott
Unfortunately, deleting GZBuilder.cfg does not seem to help either. I get the exact same error message.

I even went as far as to install Doom Builder 2 just to have it install all the dependencies like the guide said, but it didnt seem to help.

Should I go back to using the older versions of GZDB?

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:25 am
by DnB-Freak
Is this the right place to suggest GZDB Bugfix features as well?
It's the only one "fork" I could find so, in case it is:

Feature suggestion:
A floating point param rather than integer for Things > Action/Tags/Misc > Behaviour > Health (positive values multiplication).

In case you want to fine adjust monster things health like:
Health: x1.5 rather then x1 or x2.

the only trouble will be the negative health values as they're designed for precise health rather than what already is provided in DECORATE or ZSCRIPT.
Does this have a chance to be implemented?
May be useful imo :geek:

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:26 am
by Kappes Buur
WhyNott wrote:Unfortunately, deleting GZBuilder.cfg does not seem to help either. I get the exact same error message.

I even went as far as to install Doom Builder 2 just to have it install all the dependencies like the guide said, but it didnt seem to help.


Probably it is just a tiny difference, as it usually turns out, which screws up to whole works.
Let me show you some images of my installations

the way I have set up my folder structure, every version in its own folder

Spoiler:

similarly for the other editors.
I probably should get rid of some of the older versions.

the folder for GZDB

Spoiler:


the folder for GZDB-BF

Spoiler:


the folder for DB2

Spoiler:



WhyNott wrote:Should I go back to using the older versions of GZDB?

I guess, if none of the GZDB-BF installations work for you, then using GZDB is the only option left.

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:53 pm
by ZZYZX
Chickenlegz wrote:Is this the right place to suggest GZDB Bugfix features as well?

This is better: https://github.com/jewalky/GZDoom-Builder-Bugfix/issues

While I read this thread, I normally only address critical issues if only mentioned here. In issues, however, nothing can get accidentally dropped or forgotten.

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:50 am
by DnB-Freak
I think I got a critical issue, a very annoying one:

TEMP.PNG


Translated from Swedish to English:
GZDoom Builder (Bugfix) has stopped working.

It occurs only when entering 3D Mode in GZDB R3031.
Crashes like 15% of each time entering 3D Mode.
Closes everything without saving ofc.

My Graphics specs:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX660 Ti (Swedish)
Spoiler:


GZBuilder.log:
ERROR: Unable to make file image. BadImageFormatException: DevIL error: IL_LIB_PNG_ERROR

GZBuilder.cfg:
GZBuilder.txt

(Rename ext to .cfg as it's denied at forum)

x64 bit OS
Class 7.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz - 3.90 GHz
RAM: 32GB

MS .Net Framework is up to date (v4.6)

Tell me if I've missed something.
Just wish to get rid of this crashin problem.

Thanks in advance.

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:23 pm
by ZZYZX
This is kinda "known issue" with DevIL.
I planned to remove DevIL but since it didn't happen to anyone ever since the first crash, I didn't.
Will be fixed in some future, for now consider using r3012 which was the last version to use older DevIL.dll (x86 only)

https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdbbf/GZ ... x-r3012.7z

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:18 pm
by Indecom
Out of curiosity, is there a tutorial somewhere to get models to display in GZDB? I've got a modeldef all set up in my mod, currently set to replace an existing sprite with a model, and it works in GZDoom but I can't see the model in builder so that I can place it more precisely :(

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:53 pm
by Kappes Buur
Indecom wrote:Out of curiosity, is there a tutorial somewhere to get models to display in GZDB? I've got a modeldef all set up in my mod, currently set to replace an existing sprite with a model, and it works in GZDoom but I can't see the model in builder so that I can place it more precisely :(


Not a tutorial, just a quick video

Spoiler:


example from Enjay's Gene-Tech: Before the Storm

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:12 am
by Indecom
Haha, thanks. Totally just made myself aware of how much of a noob I am. Put up a good front though. Lol

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:43 am
by DnB-Freak
ZZYZX wrote:This is kinda "known issue" with DevIL.
I planned to remove DevIL but since it didn't happen to anyone ever since the first crash, I didn't.
Will be fixed in some future, for now consider using r3012 which was the last version to use older DevIL.dll (x86 only)

https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdbbf/GZ ... x-r3012.7z


Thanks for the link.

Edit: I've managed to get it working this far without any crashes,
a small issue with .NET Framework and now it seems to be fixed :D

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:28 am
by ZZYZX
Indecom wrote:Out of curiosity, is there a tutorial somewhere to get models to display in GZDB? I've got a modeldef all set up in my mod, currently set to replace an existing sprite with a model, and it works in GZDoom but I can't see the model in builder so that I can place it more precisely :(

This was resolved by changing Frame to FrameIndex in MD3 definition.
For whatever reason GZDoom treats Frame the same as FrameIndex, while GZDB strictly differentiates between "frame by name" and "frame by index" and doesn't support this for MD3.

(will be fixed at some point, maybe)

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:00 am
by WhyNott
FYI, Ive managed to fix my problem by installing the 32 bit version and the associated slimDX, for some weird reason. Hopefully I wont need all that extra 64 bit ram!

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:20 pm
by Kappes Buur
Question 1:
    While dragging out square, oblong or triangulated sectors (Draw Grid Mode), is there an easy way to have the vertices align to the grid?

Question 2:
    Is there a way to highlight several zfloor vertex things (UDMF) and then randomize their height, similar to Vertex Height things (1504)? Right now, it seems, I can only raise/lower them one at a time.

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:28 pm
by Mav3r1ck
I just got my first gaming computer and attempted to start up GZDB-BF but when I do it will show the cursor as if it was opening up the program and then nothing happens. I'm not sure of what to do here.

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:41 am
by Kappes Buur
Mav3r1ck wrote:I just got my first gaming computer and attempted to start up GZDB-BF but when I do it will show the cursor as if it was opening up the program and then nothing happens. I'm not sure of what to do here.

Check the bottom of this webpage for requirements.