GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Postby Evaine » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:02 pm

Empyre wrote:
ZZYZX wrote:
Empyre wrote:When I load my map using the Zandronum Doom2 (UDMF) config, custom flats loaded from a pk3 won't show in the Visual Mode, nor in the Edit Sector box (but they do show in the Browse Flats box), but when I use the ZDoom Doom2 (UDMF) config, they display just fine, so it is probably a config file error.

This is related to numerous attempts to make GZDB behave like GZDoom with long texture names and Doom format flats. GZDoom is really retarded and cannot detect the format of Doom flats if they are using long texture name... (for whatever reason — GZDB can). Anyway, I'll see.

The flats in question come from cc4-tex, and have the regular 8-character names, like GROUND22 and FLOOR72B. They display just fine in-game in Zandronum. They display in GZDoom Builder when I use the ZDoom UDMF config, but not when I use the Zandronum UDMF config, and even Map Analysis Mode complains about all the unknown flats when using the Zandronum UDMF config, but not when using the ZDoom UDMF config. Also, Doom Builder 2 has no problem with the flats, but it doesn't have a Zandronum-specific UDMF config.

I would prefer to use the Zandronum UDMF config to try to avoid using features that Zandronum doesn't support yet.

This is the exact problem I am having. Would be great if we could fix this. Thanks!
Evaine

Discord: Evaine#6838

Postby Kappes Buur » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:38 am

@ Empyre
@ Evaine

Works for me™,
Albeit loading resources from a pk3 file can take quite while.
The worst case, for me, so far was 69.05 secs before textures became available.

That was with Rex's Paranoiac, loading Paranoid.pk3 and Paranoic.pk3

Spoiler:

I can imagine that, depending on the videocard, resources could take even longer to load.
Kappes Buur

Postby Evaine » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:49 pm

Kappes Buur wrote:@ Empyre
@ Evaine

Works for me™,
Albeit loading resources from a pk3 file can take quite while.
The worst case, for me, so far was 69.05 secs before textures became available.
I can imagine that, depending on the videocard, resources could take even longer to load.

You're using a different format. I think we were referring to the Zandronum format. Not GZDoom format.
Evaine

Postby Kappes Buur » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:14 pm

Evaine wrote:You're using a different format. I think we were referring to the Zandronum format. Not GZDoom format.

True, so I checked this out with Zan 3.0.

Either port config works for me, of course there are some errors and warnings.

Spoiler:

Textures became available after 22.91 secs. :shock:

And the same with a map in UDMF.
Kappes Buur

Postby Empyre » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:51 pm

The problem is specifically with the Zandronum Doom 2 (UDMF) config. It tells me that it loaded the resources in 1.41 seconds. The textures and flats both show just fine in the texture browser, but only there.
Empyre
The Ultimate Shining Example of Humility

Postby Kappes Buur » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:30 pm

Empyre wrote:The problem is specifically with the Zandronum Doom 2 (UDMF) config. It tells me that it loaded the resources in 1.41 seconds. The textures and flats both show just fine in the texture browser, but only there.

A great mystery this is.
What pwad is it which gives you that much trouble?
Kappes Buur

Postby Evaine » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:42 pm

Kappes Buur wrote:
Empyre wrote:The problem is specifically with the Zandronum Doom 2 (UDMF) config. It tells me that it loaded the resources in 1.41 seconds. The textures and flats both show just fine in the texture browser, but only there.

A great mystery this is.
What pwad is it which gives you that much trouble?

For me, specifically, I'm working on Complex Doom Invasion maps, and am using the pk3 as a resource. Only the Flats do not show up for me (outside of the texture/flat browser, as previously mentioned), but they are still rendered in game (obviously), so it's just a convenience bug for me personally. I still like to know how everything looks without having to get a picture of what it would look like. No rush. Keep up the good work, boys ;]
Evaine

Postby Kappes Buur » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:12 pm

Evaine wrote:For me, specifically, I'm working on Complex Doom Invasion maps, and am using the pk3 as a resource.

Just to see what GZDB-BF does for me with Zandronum, I downloaded complex-doom.v26a2.pk3 and complex-doom-invasion_0.99.1a.pk3 and used this configuration

Spoiler:

to make a simple map after resources loaded quite quickly

Spoiler:

and the Visual Mode Preview

Spoiler:

showing that flats/textures are accessible.

However, that does not solve the trouble for your mapping enjoyment.
Kappes Buur

Postby Evaine » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:24 pm

Kappes Buur wrote:
Evaine wrote:For me, specifically, I'm working on Complex Doom Invasion maps, and am using the pk3 as a resource.

Just to see what GZDB-BF does for me with Zandronum, I downloaded complex-doom.v26a2.pk3 and complex-doom-invasion_0.99.1a.pk3 and used this configuration
to make a simple map after resources loaded quite quickly
and the Visual Mode Preview
showing that flats/textures are accessible.
However, that does not solve the trouble for your mapping enjoyment.

Did you try loading flats such as F_070 and F_063? Some of the flats DO work for me, but others do not. Please let me know what you find out. I can post some screenshots if you need me to.

http://imgur.com/a/YGBO6

EDIT: I also want to point out, that this error didn't occur with the normal build of GZDB, only the bugfux version. Don't know if that helps any.
Evaine

Postby Kappes Buur » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:12 pm

Evaine wrote:Did you try loading flats such as F_070 and F_063?

I did just now
and there is something odd going on. They did not display for me either.
However, after converting all F_ flats to PNG truecolor, they did display properly.
Maybe it would be a good idea to convert all flats to be PNG truecolor.
Kappes Buur

Postby Evaine » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:09 pm

Kappes Buur wrote:
Evaine wrote:Did you try loading flats such as F_070 and F_063?

I did just now
and there is something odd going on. They did not display for me either.
However, after converting all F_ flats to PNG truecolor, they did display properly.
Maybe it would be a good idea to convert all flats to be PNG truecolor.

Thank you! I really appreciate your help. I'll see what I can do on my own. Not so good with Texture and Flat editing (and all that comes with it). I'm more skilled at the design aspect. I'll get my "supervisor" on it. Again, thanks a million!
Evaine

Postby Gutawer » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:08 am

Siberian Tiger wrote:However, when I read the main topic - I want to know what this editor can bring to the table.

What it brings to the table is continued development. If you want bugfixes (indicated pretty heavily by the program's name) and editor support for new GZDoom features for GZDB, you download this, since normal GZDB isn't going to get them any more. If you want to stick with an old version of GZDB that doesn't offer bugfixes and continued support for the new features added to UDMF, feel free to stick to GZDB. This program isn't offering anything particularly new, it's just carrying on a dead project so the community actually has a map editor which supports every new GZDoom feature.
Gutawer
User Accounts Assistant

Discord: Gutawer#3431

Postby Zan » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:44 am

Hey regarding my old issue with the errors - I got a new PC and now I don't have problems anymore, 0 warnings, 0 errors. I can also use the latest Builder without dynamic lights missing or any other issue. Just thought I'd give a heads up, not sure what caused these issues on my old PC, though.
Zan

Discord: Zan#0149

Postby printz » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:08 pm

It would be very nice and useful if the Find and Replace dialog box can be used to search for arbitrary UDMF fields. As of right now, the feature is limited to basic stuff.
printz
Eternity, Eureka and AutoDoom programmer

Github ID: ioan-chera
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby ZZYZX » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:16 pm

I'm not interested in persuading people to use my version. I made it for myself in the first place, and only then for whoever else wants to use it. I don't even know how many people actually use it over the original GZDB :P
Regarding the topic — I haven't changed it ever since the split. I'm not planning either, but I eventually might. Also, the first post actually contains the key differences from the original GZDB in it.
Note the order of headers: first download, then features, and only then the one (questionably) hate paragraph that you nitpicked at.

printz wrote:It would be very nice and useful if the Find and Replace dialog box can be used to search for arbitrary UDMF fields. As of right now, the feature is limited to basic stuff.

Given how the find-replace thing is implemented, not sure if that's possible. Even arg0str was nontrivial to implement because one might want to replace something with empty string or empty string with something, and empty string has special meaning in the forms.
ZZYZX
le chat du rabbin

Discord: ZZYZX#1394
Github ID: jewalky

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects