GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ZZYZX

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Post by ZZYZX »

boris wrote:
ZZYZX wrote:Big thanks! Will work on merging and renaming things a bit later this week, as my job became slightly more intense again :roll:
So the thread will most likely be new, Git repo just renamed (to retain all the Git issues), download package for the editor will also be renamed to prevent breaking auto-update for those who cannot run OGL 3.3.
Should I wait with pushing commits (unrelated to the renderer) until you're done with that and it's all merged into master?
Unrelated to the renderer is not a problem. Especially with that I don't quite know when I'll do this...
No need to block commits.
boris wrote:
ZZYZX wrote:I'll try to make a backport branch somehow (i.e. something that will be auto-mergeable with OGL branch, but without OGL — for now, due to commit history, it's backwards, SlimDX is "upstream") and try to occasionally update the DX one. After all, most changes in the editor are not related to the renderer at all.
Do you really think that's worth the effort? Unfortunately we don't know what hardware people are running it on, but OpenGL is 10 years old...
Yes. At least one person from ZDoom discord said they were able to run DX version but not OGL version. Considering it was just a random person on #general with some integrated Intel chipset... I guess this situation is more common than not.
Either way DX will not be a priority and you won't need to worry about it (I'll just release a backported DX build every 50 commits or so... or not)
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

I can always port softpoly to UDB so that it will always boot. ;)
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

Fork is continued as UDB: viewtopic.php?f=232&t=66745

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”