GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
TheMafla

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Post by TheMafla »

Hello everyone, excuse me if my English is not very good but I'm already having this problem since I downloaded GZDoom Builder Bug Fix, I think I was not the only one with this problem but well here I show you

Code: Select all

Could not load plugin "VisplaneExplorer.dll", the DLL file could not be read. This file is not supposed to be in the Plugins subdirectory.
Could not load plugin "TagRange.dll", the DLL file could not be read. This file is not supposed to be in the Plugins subdirectory.
Could not load plugin "TagExplorer.dll", the DLL file could not be read. This file is not supposed to be in the Plugins subdirectory.
Could not load plugin "StairSectorBuilder.dll", the DLL file could not be read. This file is not supposed to be in the Plugins subdirectory.
Could not load plugin "SoundPropagationMode.dll", the DLL file could not be read. This file is not supposed to be in the Plugins subdirectory.
Could not load plugin "NodesViewer.dll", the DLL file could not be read. This file is not supposed to be in the Plugins subdirectory.
Could not load plugin "CommentsPanel.dll", the DLL file could not be read. This file is not supposed to be in the Plugins subdirectory.
Could not load plugin "ColorPicker.dll", the DLL file could not be read. This file is not supposed to be in the Plugins subdirectory.
Could not load plugin "BuilderEffects.dll", the DLL file could not be read. This file is not supposed to be in the Plugins subdirectory.
Could not load plugin "AutomapMode.dll", the DLL file could not be read. This file is not supposed to be in the Plugins subdirectory.
Could not load plugin "BuilderModes.dll", the DLL file could not be read. This file is not supposed to be in the Plugins subdirectory.
I hope someone can help me because I really need to work on my mod and I can't do it without GZDoom Builder
anotak

Post by anotak »

hey, there's a crash in make sectors mode if you double select click (default is mouse1) on a sector and click "OK", a null reference (usually) happens.

this is because the double click event is processed as an "edit click" (default: right click), bringing up the sectoreditform. then while the form is open, the *same* click is processed as a single-click event, leading to a select click being performed. the select click calls MakeSector() on the sector, and this causes the sector to be Dispose()d.

this issue affects all the doom builder editors. here's my fix to DBX, but i admittedly don't love it, because this problem actually goes kind of deeper and can bite other people in the foot:
https://github.com/anotak/doombuilderx/ ... a451db2872
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

TheMafla wrote:Hello everyone, excuse me if my English is not very good but I'm already having this problem since I downloaded GZDoom Builder Bug Fix, I think I was not the only one with this problem but well here I show you
This is probably caused by incorrect mixing of x86 and x64 versions. Try fresh reinstall.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

An earlier request

Another request concerning the trigger Activation panel.

[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/RycgCjz[/imgur]

Initially this panel is shown with text in red and turns the text to black when any of the flags is selected. However, it also turns to black when only the Repeatable action flag is set with no trigger selected.

So, my request is to keep the text in red (or another colour, maybe orange) when only the Repeatable action flag is selected.
anotak

Post by anotak »

hey, just an update, i still haven't done a SetFlag() as discussed because for now the linedef.Tag = linedef.Tag workaround has been enough and i've just been doing other stuff

but because of Vertex not having any such way to workaround i had to go ahead and implement a .SetField().
unfortunately because of the complexity of UDMF fields, such a thing is a bit complicated. here's the dbx commit:
https://github.com/anotak/doombuilderx/ ... 975fccebad

i'm still testing but i haven't run into any issues with this yet

edit: fixed a typo, SetFlag
WhyNott

Post by WhyNott »

Hi there, Ive recently reinstalled windows 10 and I cant seem to get the GZDB-B to run anymore. Ive tried pretty much every single version from http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdbbf/, and they all have the same issue: I click the executable, the hourglass (or rather, the blue circle) spins for a few seconds and my fans go on, and then it all goes quiet and no window pops up. Nothing shows up in the task manager either. The old non-forked version of GZDB works just fine (and so does the updater EXE), so I dont think its a .NET problem.
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

I wrote here about installing GZDB-BF, which may be of help.
WhyNott wrote:Hi there, Ive recently reinstalled windows 10 and I cant seem to get the GZDB-B to run anymore........ The old non-forked version of GZDB works just fine (and so does the updater EXE), so I dont think its a .NET problem.
From the github page:
  • Required software:
  • Microsoft .Net Framework 4.6.1 <----- required as of r3018
  • DirectX 9.0 Runtime
Also from page 59 this may apply:
ZZYZX wrote:
TwoDubyaz wrote:Can't run the new releases with .NET 4.6.1 (fresh Windows 10 install/64bit) and now windows won't allow installing any 4.6.x. Previously was running r3018 fine but reinstalled windows and lost all my old .NET frameworks. Have r2993 and DB2 2.1.2.1553 working here if it means anything.
Try reinstalling SlimDX from SlimDX's website: https://slimdx.org/download.php
You need End User Runtime for ".NET 4.0", then either "x86 Download" or "x64 Download"

Otherwise I need some details on what does it mean that you "can't run" it.
WhyNott

Post by WhyNott »

Okay, installing SlimDX helped a little bit, because now something happens when I run the program:
---------------------------
Fatal Non-UI Error
Fatal Non-UI error:
Cannot load library DLL 'devil.dll': Cannot find a specified module. (Exception in HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
Stack Trace:
w CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.ilInit()

w CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.Main(String[] args)
OK
For the record, there is a devil.dll file included in the folder.
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

Are you mix and mangling both versions, x86 and x64, in the same folder instead of installing in separate folders?

DevIL.dll for x86 is 747KB
DevIL.dll for x64 is 1721 KB

SlimDX.dll for x86 is 3305 KB
SlimDX.dll for x64 is 3632 KB
WhyNott

Post by WhyNott »

Both of them seem to be 64-bit, then.
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

Alright then, on to the next step :)
upload the C:\Users\computer\AppData\Local\Doom Builder\GZBuilder.log logfile for perusal.
Maybe that can point to the trouble.
WhyNott

Post by WhyNott »

GZDoom Builder R3031 (x64, 50d458f) startup
Application path: "C:\Users\jaswa\Desktop\test"
Temporary path: "C:\Users\jaswa\AppData\Local\Temp\"
Local settings path: "C:\Users\jaswa\AppData\Local\Doom Builder"
Command-line arguments: ""
Loading program configuration...
Starting action manager...
Binding static action methods for class General...
ERROR: Builder: Nie można załadować biblioteki DLL 'devil.dll': Nie można odnaleźć określonego modułu. (Wyjątek od HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
Fatal Non-UI error:
Nie można załadować biblioteki DLL 'devil.dll': Nie można odnaleźć określonego modułu. (Wyjątek od HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Stack Trace:
w CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.ilInit()
w CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.Main(String[] args)
(It says "cannot load DLL library 'devil.dll': cannot find the specified module (HRESULT exception: 0x8007007E")

Not sure if its any more usefull, but thanks for sticking thus far :p
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

I don't know if this will result in a positive outcome, but
WhyNott wrote:Application path: "C:\Users\jaswa\Desktop\test"
that looks a bit suspicious to me.
Try installing the editor in a folder far away from the Desktop and Program Files,
as in Drive:\Folder\GZDoom_Builder_Bugfix-r3031-x64\Builder.exe

Mine is in F:\PWAD_EDITING\GZDB_BF\GZDoom_Builder_Bugfix-r3031-x64\Builder.exe
with only a shortcut icon on the Desktop.
WhyNott

Post by WhyNott »

Pasted freshly from the 7z file into a folder on my D drive, still the same error when I run it... :cry:
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

WhyNott wrote:Pasted freshly from the 7z file into a folder on my D drive, still the same error when I run it... :cry:
One last ditch thought, I'm running out of ideas :
Before you installed the editor on your D drive, did you delete GZBuilder.cfg in
  • C:\Users\jaswa\AppData\Local\Doom Builder\GZBuilder.cfg
and let the new installation write a new cfg file?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”