D4D - v3 Alpha 8.8 Final (11/22/2020)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Credits mode (Again!?)

Keep as is
29%
Modify: Doom 2016-esque (see p. 49)
66%
Modify: Other (explain please)
No votes
Remove
5%

Total votes: 86

albertoacv4498

Re: D4D - v3 Alpha 6 -- Q&A Page 24

Post by albertoacv4498 »

Thanks, that helped.
albertoacv4498

Post by albertoacv4498 »

Why is there no music playing during gameplay? Shouldn't there be music playing at all times?
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

It's an issue with GZDoom, not D4D. You need to set up FluidSynth.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56433
albertoacv4498

Post by albertoacv4498 »

Fixed it. Thanks for all the help!
Your mod is awesome!
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Thanks alberto! Glad to hear its working for you.
DBThanatos wrote:Huh, it's almost like you want to port d4t inside d4d. So much for each mod doing it's own thing. :shrug:
Alright, alright, okay, fine. I retract my statement after I came up with an alternative idea.

Big update now available on bleeding edge.

Quad Credits powerup has been changed a bit. Instead of quadrupling the amount of crates dropped in pickup mode, it now quadruples the chance of an upgrade dropping from a slain monster.

Fixes a lot of issues with the pickup upgrade mode, including pinatas misbehaving. This one's worth the download since it also removes dud upgrades for suit and powerup unless one has nothing to upgrade anymore based on overall, instead of one category.

Obviously this works best before entering a field full of enemies and killing them as soon as possible.

This should add incentive to use crates more in the pickup mode.

Also fixed the haste powerup firing speed disappearing after (un) morphing while Haste is active.

You can now fast switch away from SSG and Shotgun while reloading. Also slightly increased the weapon switching speed.

You can also open the menu while in crates mode to view what you have. It's just the same menu as the regular upgrade, only you can't buy anything, but things are still highlighted in green with what you have.

Don't forget. You need the weapon in order to get its upgrades to drop.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

JohnnytheWolf (Discord) wrote:Also, I do not know if others have reported it, but when I kill my first enemy in Doom II's MAP01 with a fully charged blaster shot, I get a brief but massive slowdown
It does not seem to happen afterwards
I enabled Pickup upgrade mode and then clicked on End Game to restart the game. However, I am still getting credits for killing monsters and I can still access Upgrade menu
Like, at the beginning of a new game with Pickups mode selected, the Credits counter says "Crates"
But as soon as I kill my first enemy, it reverts back to saying Credits and I get +5 from killing monsters
I'm unable to reproduce the label switching effect.

Menu openable is intentional. The purchase button is replaced with:

Check the very bottom right hand corner of the screen when you start up the game. If you're loading without going straight to a map, it'll say the version of D4D. Should say Alpha 6, because that bug is oooooooooold. Also don't load any addons, that'll screw you over big time right now.
jckfrbn

Post by jckfrbn »

This might be weird to ask, but where might one download d4dv1.01.5 and v2.0.3?
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

From someone who still has them.

Hate to say it, but I don't have them anymore. Could try asking DBT but I doubt he has them.
Xtor98
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Xtor98 »

Major Cooke, sorry for biggest offtopic, but I really want to ask you about two important things, in my opinion.
1. Do your mod support "ledge grabbing" feature? Sometimes, its very helps to undergo the large levels and allow dodging projectiles of demons.
2. Do you have plans to release a separate patch for the characteristics, described above to be used, for example, with modification D4T?
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

1. There is a ledge grabbing option in there. It should be working but it may be a little glitchy. However, know this -- you have multiple ways of getting up to higher ledges without it. Have you tried Gauss Jumping before? Especially with Siege Mode, you can send yourself flying sky high especially if you do it consecutively.
2. DBT really doesn't like me taking ideas from D4T. The pickup mode was an exception it appears. But even so, what "characteristics" are you talking about?
Xtor98

Post by Xtor98 »

No, I meant a bit differently - use your patch, that could come, to use it with other mods. D4T was as an example, in which it would be possible to use your "ledge grabbing". Regarding paragraph two under characteristics - it is a ledge grabbing.
Last edited by Xtor98 on Sat May 27, 2017 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

I'm confused. Can you explain more in depth?
Xtor98

Post by Xtor98 »

You could make a "ledge grabbing" in the form of a separate mod, which contains only the feature which allows you to climb ledges. Mod, which can be combined with other modifications. In D4T now this feature is unavailable. And in the code I don't know much, so I can't pull the "Ledge grabbing" feature from your mod.
Sorry for the verbosity. Still, this is offtopic.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Ledge grabbing wouldn't ever work as an addon. It has to be built into the main mod since it overrides the player class, so no can do. Sorry.
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

jckfrbn wrote:This might be weird to ask, but where might one download d4dv1.01.5 and v2.0.3?
I don't have 1.01.5, but here are 1.01.4 and 2.0.3. (it's mediafire, so keep your adblock on)

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”