My new map

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ztktx

My new map

Post by ztktx »

I made another very difficult map. Try beat the map.

I wanted to make another maze style map like baseofhell, so here is a very difficult map but beatable

http://www.mediafire.com/file/p4968txm9 ... ofhell.wad

Pictures
http://imgur.com/DlxgPsM
http://imgur.com/a/4LgPn
isaacpop23

Re: My new map

Post by isaacpop23 »

First thought, what the hell is with the railgunners? They took more hits to kill than a Cyberdemon, and with their speed and smallness I can barely hit them. Honestly they're worth a fight all to their selves, a 1-3 of them against you would be a more than potent boss fight.

EDIT: Next on the list, Plasma Tanks: My god they're fast, I can barely hit them with a Super Shotgun. And while they're zipping around at the speed of sound they are shooting loads of plasma at you.

Rocket Tanks: Same thing just a ton more damage.

Bullet Tanks: These are actually slow enough to hit, but they still do a lot of damage and now they're hitscans so it's hard to dodge.

Nightmare Cybie: This actually doesn't have much a problem, it is stronger than a Cyberdemon and has reasonable health. This one's fine.

EDIT 2: Missed one, think it's called the Terminator?
Terminator: Health is a bit high, not ridiculous though, the problem is that his damage is ridiculous. The blast radius from his grenade can easily do 100 damage, screwing you over quickly. Also they mostly come in groups and can hurt each other so you'll rarely face one, just see them all explode simultaneously. Yay?
ztktx

Post by ztktx »

honestly this map is a joke map. very pro players may be able to beat it but most can only laugh

i think it's quite funny
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

First you just said the map was beatable, now you say only pros can do it. Right.
enderandrew

Post by enderandrew »

GAA1992 wrote:First you just said the map was beatable, now you say only pros can do it. Right.
"very difficult map but beatable"

Sounds it is intended as a challenge.
ztktx

Post by ztktx »

well it's not impossible if pros can beat it. i can get far but im not good enough
ztktx

Post by ztktx »

make monsters fight each other, cause chaos and then hide. works in all my map which have a lot monsters
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I appreciate that you chose to be a mapper. I don't even know how to make a door on Doom Builder, imagine a full map.

But, instead of slaughter maps, which are fun, i agree, what about making some maps for players who like to think a bit instead of holding the trigger full-time?

Do you play RPG's? inspire yourself on one particular dungeon. Or even, a mission from another FPS you've played. That's all i have to say.
ztktx

Post by ztktx »

most my maps have been slaughtermaps because i specially like action in doom. not all though
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

ztktx wrote:honestly this map is a joke map. very pro players may be able to beat it but most can only laugh

i think it's quite funny
Consider making a not-joke map sometime.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Can I PUNCH and DODGE?
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

I love the fact there's an entire community project dedicated to showing ztktx how to decently map, and ztktx himself got kicked off it and still hasn't learned anything.

8-)
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

We kicked him exactly for that reason. He kept trolling around and repeating the same thing everyday, which we eventually turned into a meme. There's even a simulator named after the guy. The jokes are big.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

@ ztktx:

Have you ever considered taking mapping seriously, at all? Or are you really just happy with being the brunt of bad community jokes? It seems to me like some people here are still willing to give you a chance, even after all this time, but you just keep blowing it with crap like this. Why?
ztktx

Post by ztktx »

Eruanna wrote:@ ztktx:

Have you ever considered taking mapping seriously, at all? Or are you really just happy with being the brunt of bad community jokes? It seems to me like some people here are still willing to give you a chance, even after all this time, but you just keep blowing it with crap like this. Why?
i like all my map

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”