baseofhell.wad

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ztktx

baseofhell.wad

Post by ztktx »

Lol, this is a very interesting map i've created now. There is triggers and ambushes everywhere, and the map is quite complicated even without monsters. So many switches and secrets.

There is some custom monsters also. The map is not unbeatable though it is very difficult

Try play and comment please

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4f676won1 ... ofhell.wad
Accensus

Re: baseofhell.wad

Post by Accensus »

Very difficult is an understatement. Stealth Archvile spam. Sign me out, pls. Did you even play the map dedicated to you? You don't have to fill rooms with enemies and then shoot them. It gets boring after a while. Try to make the fight more interesting, not just a pointless hide-n-shoot-n-retreatotheothersideofthemapforammo cycle.

And tight corridors with Cyberdemons is by far the worst idea anyone could possibly come up with.
Gothic

Post by Gothic »

After all this time you still don't even bother on adding screenshots.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

The screenshots won't be as bad. The map is basically a system of corridors (most of them tight) and lots of monsters, especially ones you can hardly counter or run away from, like Archviles. Stealth Archviles.
ztktx

Post by ztktx »

Well sure

http://i.imgur.com/OPDOodl.png

This map is still beatable and much easier than the last map i shared :)
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I have a challenge for you. Make your next map with only twenty monsters and nothing stronger than a caco.
ztktx

Post by ztktx »

wildweasel wrote:I have a challenge for you. Make your next map with only twenty monsters and nothing stronger than a caco.
I can try that but i doubt it would be fun.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

It can be. What you need to do is learn placement and proper encounter design. There are some maps where four shotgun guys can be just as lethal as an arch vile.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Can I do it, too? :D
ztktx

Post by ztktx »

Lud wrote:Very difficult is an understatement. Stealth Archvile spam. Sign me out, pls. Did you even play the map dedicated to you? You don't have to fill rooms with enemies and then shoot them. It gets boring after a while. Try to make the fight more interesting, not just a pointless hide-n-shoot-n-retreatotheothersideofthemapforammo cycle.

And tight corridors with Cyberdemons is by far the worst idea anyone could possibly come up with.
You have a lot hiding room in this map. I can get far actually without even risk of dying. Later it gets more difficult.
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

ztktx wrote:You have a lot hiding room in this map. I can get far actually without even risk of dying. Later it gets more difficult.
I would LOVE to see it first, cause i dont think you can do it yourself. :mrgreen:
Ofcourse, i will try too, but knowing you now a little, i will use some extra weapons from good-old-Skulltag, my own weapons, and my own regeneration mod, so i stay alive a little longer.
I will do it fairly at first. I will NOT check your map in DoomBuilder. :3: That may happen later...eh.. im pretty sure it will happen, since the map will be soo difficult... :blergh:
ztktx

Post by ztktx »

Sure. I'll do a video of the map :) not sure if i can beat it actually
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

I have a question. Then why make it so hard?

I, myself, have a golden rule - if I can't beat a given map with vanilla weapons, then I lower difficulty until I can or a bit above that. I'm no newbie in Doom, but I'm not a pro, either, so I try to make maps a bit more difficult that what I can handle. That way the pros will surely have an interesting time without the map being too hard. And strategy. Use proper strategy. Hiding behind a corridor is not one. Here's a hint. Take note at the enemy placement after you go through the Hell Portal. You don't shoot the imps first because by the time you're done with them you'd be dead.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

wildweasel wrote:I have a challenge for you. Make your next map with only twenty monsters and nothing stronger than a caco.
I'll do this

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”