QZDoom - ZDoom with True-Color (Version 1.3.0 released!)

Game Engines like EDGE, LZDoom, QZDoom, ECWolf, and others, go in this forum
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Jaxxoon R

Re: QZDoom - ZDoom with True-Color (Version 1.3.0 released!)

Post by Jaxxoon R »

Rachael wrote: - Yes, Client/Server.

- Graf would have to speak for this. I believe that was one of the plans, if it's not in effect already.

- Models are unchanged so far.

- No. You are right there has been a little work put into OpenGL ES but so far the only version supported is 3. The original developer for D-Touch is still active and doing that on the Doomworld forums.

- For now I've lost interest in the splitscreen stuff, and I don't know how far along the screen and status bar refactoring have come, but they would need to be finished for anything like this to happen. Again, Graf would have to speak to this.
Ah, I see. Thanks for answering!
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

RaVeN-05 wrote:Linear filtering broken =(
Oops. Pushed a fix for this, should work again in the next nightly build.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Enjay wrote: For me, the lighting of models is one of GZDoom's biggest visual limitations ATM. Assuming the rock in this screenshot from Tormentor is a model, it really illustrates the issue, as does the leafless tree in the background to a lesser extent:
Spoiler:
I posted the same thing on Facebook the first time I saw it - the photo wasn't even zoomed (you know how pictures are small on the FB page by default) yet that huge gob of white immediately caught my attention... the fact that it's in the center of the image doesn't help also. :P
RaVeN-05

Post by RaVeN-05 »

dpJudas wrote:Oops. Pushed a fix for this, should work again in the next nightly build.
Oh great its works good =) thank you.
Another question does it possible to make these water effects from ZDaemonGL?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHCs9NX7iaM
please watch video its short ~1:30
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

That's actually a cool effect, never knew ZDaemon had anything good :)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Not ZDaemon, ZDoomGL; Timmie's long abandoned port. I remember when these blend animations were added. A long time ago n a galaxy far, far away....
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

The problem was just, the implementation was utter crap.
They looked good when used with the stock fluid textures, but that's really all they looked good with, and why I never bothered.

ZDoomGL had a few interesting features, but here, like with the software shaders, the code just wasn't translatable to GZDoom's renderer (and in hindsight I'm glad I never bothered because these days this stuff would be a first grade feature blocker.)
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Due to recent events my dev builds are temporarily halted. I still haven't successfully compiled an OpenAL build in Windows and now with FMOD support gone my builds will no longer have sound.

I'm sure I'll figure it out sooner or later but it just has never been a high priority issue for me.

I could do Linux builds if more than 3 people cared about that platform, though. :P My OpenAL builds work fine, there.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

Rachael wrote:I still haven't successfully compiled an OpenAL build in Windows and now with FMOD support gone my builds will no longer have sound.
The corresponding Wiki article seems to contain everything needed to build 32- and 64-bit versions.
Also, Appveyor configuration file has a link to all build dependencies (DLLs are not included in the package though) along with the command line for CMake.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

I really should fix the setup to load both libsndfile and libmpg123 dynamically and then add the header for all 3 sound libraries to the repo so that building sound support is automatic.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

This however will complicate update of these libraries.
In any case, it will be great to have an ability to link all dependencies statically, similarly to DYN_OPENAL and DYN_FLUIDSYNTH options.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Why would it complicate updating? As far as I know, all 3 of them have stable ABIs, so compiling with an older header would still allow an update of the library itself.

How about, I make the needed changes and then someone who knows better what Linux and Mac need fixes it?
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

Graf Zahl wrote:Why would it complicate updating? As far as I know, all 3 of them have stable ABIs, so compiling with an older header would still allow an update of the library itself.
I don't know how stable their ABIs are. If mixing old headers with new libraries works without a problem then I was wrong.
Graf Zahl wrote:How about, I make the needed changes and then someone who knows better what Linux and Mac need fixes it?
I can do this for macOS for sure and probably for Linux too.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

That's really nice: After doing all this it is now possible to build GZDoom under Windows without setting up any dependencies at all, if you do not use the XP toolset. Just start CMake, let it generate a project and all is set.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Rachael wrote:I could do Linux builds if more than 3 people cared about that platform, though.
I really would love the option for gzdoom-dev and qzdoom-dev packages with periodic updates on the debian.drdteam.org repository :wub:

8-)

Return to “Game Engines”