GZDoom discussion (Version 2.3.1 released 2016/jan/7)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: GZDoom discussion

Post by Graf Zahl »

InsanityBringer wrote:Ok, that's weird, looking at the ZScript implementation it seems to be using the caller's angle as expected, so I wonder what's going on

The script was ok, but there was a bug in the code generator for the ?: operator. Like much of the early code in there it had some problems with local variables being the result of an operation. I thought I had found them all but this escaped me.
enderandrew

Post by enderandrew »

Graf Zahl wrote:
enderandrew wrote:
Ethril wrote:IDK if this is an issue new to this release or not (i skipped a bunch of dev builds), but it seems like the BFG spray is being emitted in the direction you're facing at the time of impact, rather than the way you were facing at the time of firing. Pretty sure that's not how it's supposed to happen.
I noticed this playing with SVN builds before the 2.3 release.

Thank you. People like you who can't be bothered to report problems are truly the most helpful kind! :bang:
It was literally my first play-through of Classic Doom so I wasn't sure if this was a vanilla bug or expected behavior. I was also playing with some sprite/animation mods that could have been causing the issue. If I knew it specifically to be an engine bug I would have reported it as such.

But if you fire the BFG and immediately turn or move away, it seems to hit what you're facing later, not what you initially aimed at.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Not anymore. :)
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

enderandrew wrote:It was literally my first play-through of Classic Doom so I wasn't sure if this was a vanilla bug or expected behavior. I was also playing with some sprite/animation mods that could have been causing the issue. If I knew it specifically to be an engine bug I would have reported it as such.

But if you fire the BFG and immediately turn or move away, it seems to hit what you're facing later, not what you initially aimed at.
Don't take it personally. My post was aimed at both of you - Ethril and yourself. I would guess so was Graf's. It seemed pointless to separate the quotes when it was convenient to quote both of you within the same quote since you had already quoted Ethril. Normally I dissect quotes - if I don't, there's only a small chance I got lazy and was remiss about it.
enderandrew

Post by enderandrew »

Graf Zahl wrote:Not anymore. :)
Thanks for the quick fix!
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Considering the amount of fixes, albeit each one minor alone, I think I'll do a new release tomorrow or the day after.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I am not seeing this fix in the commit list on Github..?
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

While you're looking at BFGs, it would also seem that a BFGExtra actor will now crash the game if it has +MTHRUSPECIES on it. Or, at least, the one in DRLA stopped crashing when I commented out that flag from its definition.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Rachael

Re: GZDoom discussion (Version 2.3.1 released 2016/jan/7)

Post by Rachael »

I've changed this topic's poster to Graf Zahl so that he can edit it if he needs to.
Agentbromsnor

Post by Agentbromsnor »

I'm curious as to why the website doesn't host any binaries for Linux. I have a laptop with Lubuntu installed, so I was looking forward to test my stuff on it at some point, until I found out you apparently have to compile your own GZDoom for Linux.

It's no big deal to compile it yourself, but I'm just curious why the binaries aren't up there with the Windows and Mac builds. :P
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

You first need someone to compile and upload it before providing a link.
Edward-san

Post by Edward-san »

Agentbromsnor wrote:I'm curious as to why the website doesn't host any binaries for Linux. I have a laptop with Lubuntu installed, so I was looking forward to test my stuff on it at some point, until I found out you apparently have to compile your own GZDoom for Linux.

It's no big deal to compile it yourself, but I'm just curious why the binaries aren't up there with the Windows and Mac builds. :P
There's the debian repository provided by Blzut3 (though currently there's no gzdoom 2.3).
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I wouldn't mind providing GZDoom binaries for Linux, for all of x86, x86_64, and ARMv8. Getting x86 builds working might be a bit of trouble for me, though.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

I just released 2.3.2 because a game breaking issue for Doom 2 had been reported for 2.3.1. This and some known issues with Hexen made me push this release.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”