GZDoom discussion (Version 2.3.1 released 2016/jan/7)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
MaxED

Re: GZDoom discussion

Post by MaxED »

udmf_zdoom.txt wrote: sector
{
alphafloor = <float>; // translucency of floor plane (only has meaning with Sector_SetPortal) Default is 1.0.
alphaceiling = <float>; // translucency of ceiling plane (only has meaning with Sector_SetPortal) Default is 1.0.
portal_ceil_alpha = <float> // translucency of ceiling portal (default is 0 (not visible))
portal_floor_alpha = <float> // translucency of floor portal (default is 0 (not visible))
}
Judging by the source, these 2 pairs of properties do exactly the same thing.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Correct. You can blame Printz for the duplication. Too bad I didn't notice this earlier
printz

Post by printz »

Actually it wasn't me adding it. Feel free to remove the newer duplicates.

EDIT: seems EE doesn't have alphafloor and alphaceiling. Too bad. Actually I think I didn't add them because it was redundant with something else. Gotta check the code.

EDIT (FINAL CONCLUSION, cross-posted): it seems we only have portal_floor_alpha and portal_ceiling_alpha. The redundant setting I thought about is the one in ZDoom's Sector_SetPortal.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Ok, done.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

printz wrote:Actually it wasn't me adding it. Feel free to remove the newer duplicates.

EDIT: seems EE doesn't have alphafloor and alphaceiling. Too bad. Actually I think I didn't add them because it was redundant with something else. Gotta check the code.

EDIT (FINAL CONCLUSION, cross-posted): it seems we only have portal_floor_alpha and portal_ceiling_alpha. The redundant setting I thought about is the one in ZDoom's Sector_SetPortal.

Alphafloor is the same as portal_floor_alpha and Alphaceiling is the same as portal_ceil_alpha. ZDoom's implementation is 100% identical in function although not in form. I would have notified you earlier if I had noticed the discrepancy, but it's just that MaxEd noticed it today.
printz

Post by printz »

Wait. Please keep alphafloor and alphaceiling. GZDoom Builder supports those. Sorry for deliberating loudly and possibly disturbing the flow, until I came to this conclusion.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

I actually kept those because they are indeed the older versions.
kodi

Post by kodi »

I was wondering, would it some day be even theoretically possible to remove the gimbal lock for Pitch and Roll interaction GZDoom? As in, the ability for an actor pitched up or down to be tilted to the side around the world XY axis.
Asking because I've a promising work-in-progress system for3d vehicle physics/handling where the next step big would be slope and stair alignment through measuring heights at the corners and whatnot, something which is currently impossible.

A Descent type mod or TC with 6 degrees of freedom would also be made possible with such a change.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

As promised - Graf made a New Year's release.
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

SSAO is a nice touch!
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

IDK if this is an issue new to this release or not (i skipped a bunch of dev builds), but it seems like the BFG spray is being emitted in the direction you're facing at the time of impact, rather than the way you were facing at the time of firing. Pretty sure that's not how it's supposed to happen.
enderandrew

Post by enderandrew »

Ethril wrote:IDK if this is an issue new to this release or not (i skipped a bunch of dev builds), but it seems like the BFG spray is being emitted in the direction you're facing at the time of impact, rather than the way you were facing at the time of firing. Pretty sure that's not how it's supposed to happen.
I noticed this playing with SVN builds before the 2.3 release.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

enderandrew wrote:
Ethril wrote:IDK if this is an issue new to this release or not (i skipped a bunch of dev builds), but it seems like the BFG spray is being emitted in the direction you're facing at the time of impact, rather than the way you were facing at the time of firing. Pretty sure that's not how it's supposed to happen.
And who put in a bug report for it?
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

Ok, that's weird, looking at the ZScript implementation it seems to be using the caller's angle as expected, so I wonder what's going on
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

enderandrew wrote:

Thank you. People like you who can't be bothered to report problems are truly the most helpful kind! :bang:

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”