Operation: Starfire - Community Press release.

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Graaicko
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Operation: Starfire - Community Press release.

Post by Graaicko »

The year is 2019. Technology is advancing at a accelerating rate. Government defense contractors are the new powers of the this world. From secret DARPA operations to Russia's newly formed EKAO project. Governments around the world are spending billions of dollars to come up with the latest most advanced weaponry and technology. Tensions are rising as the US and Russia compete against eachother. The Economy is falling apart and the world is becoming a global warzone.

Los Angeles:
A new tower almost complete in downtown Los Angeles stands tall high above the the city, the Umarix. A research building, genetic's, weapons research, enviromental and general scientific advances, even the cure for HIV is rumored to be sitting in a solid metal vault awaiting for its highest bidder. Lockdown is initiated, armed guards throughout the building ready themselves, but it's already to late. The Umarix is overrun with an unkown enemy. The Umarix's security systems has been cracked into. A cipher decrypting all of the Umarix's secrets. Two foriegn helicopters land on top of the Umarix's landing pads. A white haired man with a scar over his left blind eye steps out of the aircraft. pointing to the wide elevator enterance. He takes out a file with Russian Cyrillic reading "Starfire". He opens it and sees a picture of a missile attached to a SAM site.

OPERATION STARFIRE:
Terrorist's have taken over the new Umarix in LA. Nearly 40 floors of urban terror. These are no ordinary terrorists, they had help from the inside. They are after the Starfire device. A highly advanced surface to air EMP missile that can target anywhere on the globe using chosen cordinates. You are John Trace, a PMC operator contracted by the Central Intelligence Agency. You have been hunting these terrorist's from Afghanistan to North Africa. Now you find you're self on you're home turf, you're own hometown.

Starfire will be a cool Doom modification with 30 high detailed skyrise action packed levels with multiple bosses with their own tactics. There will be a number of different weapons to collect throughout your adventure. New textures and sprites will make Starfire unique. More information will be updated at a later date.
Last edited by Graaicko on Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JimpArgon

Re: Operation: Starfire - Community Press release.

Post by JimpArgon »

Ohh.... City themed levels are always something I am interested in. Does this have somewhat of a Die Hard theme going for it?

Regradless, I am looking forward to playing it.
Graaicko

Post by Graaicko »

JimpArgon wrote:Ohh.... City themed levels are always something I am interested in. Does this have somewhat of a Die Hard theme going for it?

Regradless, I am looking forward to playing it.
It's is precisely inspired by Die Hard, I always thought doing a highrise theme for Doom would be a great idea. There will be many elements inside the Umarix that the player will explore.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Have you got a screenshot or any assets from your project to show us?
Graaicko

Post by Graaicko »

wildweasel wrote:Have you got a screenshot or any assets from your project to show us?
I finished all the enemy sprites the player will come in contact with. Just finishing the weapon sprites. But at the moment. No not visually. Not until I compile everything.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Would you mind posting a few of them, then? Just so we know how far along your project is, in accordance with the Project Posting Guidelines. Being shown a title screen and a couple of paragraphs of story - and nothing at all about what it is, how it plays, etc - doesn't really tell me much about your project. "More information at a future date" does not exactly inspire hype and excitement...

Also, would you mind shrinking your header image a little? The forum software currently does a pretty awful crop on wide images. Anything wider than, say, 640 pixels in width should probably get shrunk a little, both for screen size and for bandwidth considerations.
Graaicko

Post by Graaicko »

wildweasel wrote:Would you mind posting a few of them, then? Just so we know how far along your project is, in accordance with the Project Posting Guidelines. Being shown a title screen and a couple of paragraphs of story - and nothing at all about what it is, how it plays, etc - doesn't really tell me much about your project. "More information at a future date" does not exactly inspire hype and excitement...
I will not post sprites here as this is not the sprite carnival. Also I do not want to spoil to much at this time as it is too early. I will say it will have somewhat of a different gameplay from Vanilla doom. Walking and running will be alittle slower and higher damage from enemies. You might have to take things slow rather then rushing in and spaming you're weapons. A new hud will be made and there will be puzzles you will have to figure out during your campaign.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Please read the Project Posting Guidelines, specifically these two points:
Project Posting Guidelines wrote:1) Before posting a new topic here, be sure you actually have a project in progress or release. For example, posting a new thread called "Mario TC" with the post "Hey i'm making a mario tc, more info soon!" isn't good enough. Be sure you've got plans for your project. Think about things like main features, help you could possibly want, suggestions you'd like. Or go take a few screenshots. People like screenshots. Just make sure you have a base for what you're going to be working on or no one is going to take interest. (Your title screen really doesn't count.)

2) Just to clarify from the above rule: you need to post something from your project! If a project thread is posted without screenshots, we'll give you 24 hours to get them added, or else your project thread is going to get locked. Not everybody wants to download a large-ish WAD file and puzzle over what exactly is changed, so it helps to show people what it looks like without making them read a wall of text or download a file and be surprised. If the mod has already been released in the thread's first post, screenshots are merely suggested, not required. We can be more lenient for mods where a screenshot does not convey what the mod actually does, i.e. for music and sound patches or mutators.
[edit] As it has now been almost 72 hours since the thread started, and there is still nothing but a title screen here, I am closing this project thread. If you plan to start another, please consult the Project Posting Guidelines before you do, and make sure you have something to show. Even your sprites. Something to get people interested that isn't your title screen.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”