Dishonored [Lite v1.0.2] [DISCONTINUED]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Accensus

Dishonored [Lite v1.0.2] [DISCONTINUED]

Post by Accensus »

IMPORTANT NOTE: LITE VERSION WILL NO LONGER BE UPDATED, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF BUGFIXES AT ALL!

What is Dishonored?

Dishonored is a mod for (G)ZDoom which takes elements from the game of the same name and mixes them with Doom. Example of those elements are:
- Elixir/Remedy mechanic: Medikits and Stimpacks are replaced with either Elixir or Remedy, with the ratio being 3:1, respectively. Medikit has 100% chance to spawn whereas stimpack has only 50%. They are stored in the player's inventory and either can be used at any time with a bindable key in Controls menu. Maximum amount for each is 10.
- Mana mechanic: Using any power costs mana and, just like in the original Dishonored, the mana regenerates partially a few seconds after usage.

Important note: The mod runs perfectly on (G)ZDoom. Zandronum has not been tested. May not work due to lack of ACS functions. Needs confirmation.

What's the difference between Full and Lite version?

Lite version has the default Doom weapons, with some minor edits. I have changed the response time for all weapons and also decreased switch time for some of them. Full version, on the other hand, will be closer to the original game in terms of weapon count and ability. This one requires touchy sprite rips, so there is no guarantee when it will be complete and ready for release.
Spoiler: Changelog
Download: Dishonored v1.0.2
Spoiler: Older Versions
Screenshots from pre-1.0 available here.
Spoiler: F.A.Q. & Known Bugs
Spoiler: Credits
Spoiler: License
Last edited by Accensus on Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:27 am, edited 14 times in total.
Accensus

Re: Dishonored [Vanilla v1.0.2]

Post by Accensus »

For the record, I am not double-threading for the sake of bumping/advertising. I have decided to separate the Vanilla version from the original to avoid a lot of mistakes with information and links. This thread is for Lite version only! I will redesign the other thread so that it focuses on the Full Dishonored. I'll also update the logo for both versions very soon.
Last edited by Accensus on Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

You know, Vanilla and Original pretty much means the same thing when it comes to these things.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Hmm, then maybe I can't explain right, or can't think of a better idea, or both.
Original = the version which matches Dishonored (actual game).
Vanilla = Doom weapons/Dishonored mechanics.

Come to think of it, it really is the same thing, heh.

Thanks for the info, though. I'll think of a replacement.

EDIT: How does full and lite sound?
Accensus

Re: Dishonored [Lite v1.0.2]

Post by Accensus »

Letting everybody know that I've reuploaded v1.0.2 with a bugfix. I reverted the behaviour of the orb. Apparently, the way I originally coded it is correct and something in the source port was screwing it up. That has been fixed in the dev builds. If it gets screwed again, idk. The Wiki also says my code is correct. Why the game shows it wrong is beyond me.

In other words, reverted this:
Changelog wrote:- Fixed bug? where the floor orb was instead sticking to the ceiling for some reason. I'm not really sure what the correct behaviour is and testing with many different versions hints that the issue is in the mod, rather than the port. If you encounter this bug again, despite me "fixing" it, please report it.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Quick poll here. Should I keep the Lite version up? I've fixed some bugs in the Full one - more precisely, the telefragging. No more OP telefragging, yay! Still, since the codebase for Lite version is utter crap and chances are it will Not get updates, why even keep it alive? The balance sucks and overall it's completely useless. It seemed like a good idea to have a Lite version with Doom's vanilla weapons, but the way I implemented it is rated 1 out of 10. I'll leave that to you, folks. Just keep in mind that I will Not be updating this particular version. It's a failure which I, personally, want to see disappear.
Groovy

Post by Groovy »

Honestly man this would've really cool to see, though someone is currently working on a dishonored mod, I helped him out a little bit, mainly just fetching stuff. But you should still consider re visiting this.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

There's still the main stopper - the sprites. I've also moved on from this mod. Besides, if I ever revisit it, the code would most definitely be refactored.

Another issue would be the balance. Stealth would likely be out of the question unless enemies are replaced, making the mod pretty specific and requiring custom maps for best gameplay. To whoever is making the new Dishonored, good luck. You'll need it. This is nothing short of a partial conversion with a lot of points to consider when developing.
DenTheUA

Post by DenTheUA »

Lud wrote:There's still the main stopper - the sprites. I've also moved on from this mod. Besides, if I ever revisit it, the code would most definitely be refactored.

Another issue would be the balance. Stealth would likely be out of the question unless enemies are replaced, making the mod pretty specific and requiring custom maps for best gameplay. To whoever is making the new Dishonored, good luck. You'll need it. This is nothing short of a partial conversion with a lot of points to consider when developing.
Well, luck. Very strange thing.

For sprites, you can just rip the models out of the game itself (and add doomguys hands if you want).
The AI is actually a soft spot of the whole thing, I agree. Scripting is not my strong side, so that will take (aaaaaaaaaa)awhile.

EDIT: can I make the HUD on base of yours one?
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

I assume you're the developer? :P

Sure, you're free to take apart the thing. Hope you have better luck with it than I did, lol.

Not sure how to rip the models, though. Dishonored 1 is running on Unreal Engine 3, and I have no idea how to rip assets from that. In any case, I'm way too busy with other projects right now, so Dishonored can rest in peace.
DenTheUA

Post by DenTheUA »

Lud wrote:I assume you're the developer? :P

Sure, you're free to take apart the thing. Hope you have better luck with it than I did, lol.

Not sure how to rip the models, though. Dishonored 1 is running on Unreal Engine 3, and I have no idea how to rip assets from that. In any case, I'm way too busy with other projects right now, so Dishonored can rest in peace.
You're absolutely right! I'm a developer.
About ripping, tho, engine doesn't make a deal. You can use screenshots as a base for sprites.
Accensus

Re: Dishonored [Lite v1.0.2] [DISCONTINUED]

Post by Accensus »

Discontinuing this (fo' real) and putting it in the abandoned projects thread.

However, I have an announcement to make. I've restarted the development and slowly but steadily started converting everything to ZScript.

I don't want to disclose what will be in the final version and what won't be, mostly because I'm not sure of it myself, but I can say for sure that the mod will, unfortunately, not use weapon assets from the actual Dishonored game. On the bright side, it won't be using vanilla weapons, either. I'll dig around the forums to see if I can find anything suitable.

Another important thing to notice is that monsters will not be replaced. The mod will be purely action-oriented with the stealth skills thrown out. (Apologies for the disappointment.)

That's it for now. A new thread will be created soon-ish when I've converted enough stuff to post a screenshot or two.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”