[WIP] Idiot's Adventure: Quest for the Golden Skull

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
IdiotBitz
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

[WIP] Idiot's Adventure: Quest for the Golden Skull

Post by IdiotBitz »

As of now, this project has been abandoned.
I shouldn't have posted out a topic when all I had was one (rather small) map.
I am working on a new project as of right now, but I won't create a topic about it unless I actually make more than 1 map. :?
If you are interested in seeing this project being brought back to life, be sure to PM me.

(look at that winning smile!)

Hi. I'm making a set of vanilla-style maps for GZDoom revolving around finding your lost novelty item you found in a cereal box.
There is no new monsters or textures utilized in this, however there are custom music and some custom items.
There will be jumping and crouching involved in certain areas.
Spoiler:
Now please keep in mind that this is Extremely WIP. Nothing is guaranteed to stay.

PROGRESS:
-Episode 1: Lost and Found
Map 1: Done!
Map 2: In progress.
Map 3-?: Not started.
Secret Map 1: Done! (Unimplemented)

Feedback and criticism would be extremely appreciated.
Here's that link for ya.
Last edited by IdiotBitz on Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CWolf

Re: [WIP] Idiot's Adventure: Quest for the Golden Skull

Post by CWolf »

I have a feeling Terry is hiding here somewhere...
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

CWolf wrote:I have a feeling Terry is hiding here somewhere...
checking the pk3 shows no custom graphics or sounds (besides the music), as well as no ACS. i highly doubt that it is a terry trap, but if it is, then it's a really weaksauce one.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Images are in spoiler due to the resolution.
In the future, I'd advise rehosting your images at imgur, or manually shrinking them down, as spoiler tags do not stop images from loading and in fact make it more difficult to view large pictures.
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

I just finished, it's pretty much just bullshit it's made with the UDMF format but his design is totally vanilla, but you can't reach the exit without jumping, the enemy placement isn't very fair, there's a f**king cyberdemon at the start in nightmare difficulty and it's impossible this way, have nice music.
IdiotBitz
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by IdiotBitz »

wildweasel wrote:In the future, I'd advise rehosting your images at imgur, or manually shrinking them down, as spoiler tags do not stop images from loading and in fact make it more difficult to view large pictures.
Alright, I scaled down the images by 50%, so it should be a bit easier to see it now.
El_Sombrerero wrote:I just finished, it's pretty much just bullshit it's made with the UDMF format but his design is totally vanilla, but you can't reach the exit without jumping, the enemy placement isn't very fair, there's a f**king cyberdemon at the start in nightmare difficulty and it's impossible this way, have nice music.
Oops, maybe should've specified that jumping is involved in the post. My bad. The cybie was a joke that was never intended to be in the final version of the map, but I didn't notice it because I playtested it on Hurt Me Plenty through Ultra Violence.

I should probably pay attention more to obvious things like that in the future, but anyways, I'm gonna try to get more done on Map 2 by tomorrow.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

IdiotBitz wrote:Alright, I scaled down the images by 50%, so it should be a bit easier to see it now.
Image Thank you for your cooperation. Good day.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”