Project Einherjar - Final-FINAL Release

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ImpieTwo

Re: Project Einherjar (beta release)

Post by ImpieTwo »

skyrish10 wrote:So, She now has a kick attack that was attempt to that in the early versions

Also, I think you might change Juno's voices with this one (the Quake III Arena ones are getting overused anyway): https://www.sounds-resource.com/playsta ... und/10836/
Very cool find! I added some of those voice clips to the next build.

Added the new voice set for Juno, including martial arts yells. Tweaked the kick damage so it does a bit more and makes it easier for quick takedowns...if you're gutsy enough to get that close.

Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Nice, gonna have to download and overwrite my old copy. Any chance of that old idea I had about a final mission in world's last nuclear arsenal still having a chance of making it in?
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Gideon020 wrote:Nice, gonna have to download and overwrite my old copy. Any chance of that old idea I had about a final mission in world's last nuclear arsenal still having a chance of making it in?
Spoiler: Actual Spoilers.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

I like the new sounds. But I think the landing sound should be a lot gentler. It's not that often she drops from a height that *should* actually cause such a loud grunt - but it's fairly often that she falls from enough of a height (especially when moving quickly through height variations) that she does - the noise tends to get annoying after a while.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Gideon020 wrote:Nice, gonna have to download and overwrite my old copy. Any chance of that old idea I had about a final mission in world's last nuclear arsenal still having a chance of making it in?
Play Episode 5 and find out. Hue hue hue.
Rachael wrote:I like the new sounds. But I think the landing sound should be a lot gentler. It's not that often she drops from a height that *should* actually cause such a loud grunt - but it's fairly often that she falls from enough of a height (especially when moving quickly through height variations) that she does - the noise tends to get annoying after a while.
Fixed.
MrVT

Post by MrVT »

Looks good so far, waiting for full release
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

MrVT wrote:Looks good so far, waiting for full release
It's pretty much done at this point I think. Idgames just never lets me upload anything.

EDIT: Version 5.4 is considered the final release (unless I find another error I need to fix.) I'm pretty much done with it until the day I get enough people interested in a community add-on episode thing.
ImpieTwo

Re: Project Einherjar - Final Release

Post by ImpieTwo »

Having a bit of trouble with the mod switching to weapons with empty ammo reserves due to the new alt fire ability, so hopefully I'll have that sorted out eventually.

EDIT: Fixed! Uploading now, so check for the latest download.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

Just gave this a try using the arctic wolf version it's good it feels kinda weird playing a wolfendoom mod with no Nazis or B.J.
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Post by skyrish10 »

Impie, the voices for the two bosses in Arctic Wolf Part 2 are the same voice as the base mod

Why not use this:

Thea Skuld (same voice as Warden Veidt): https://www.sounds-resource.com/playsta ... und/10817/
Admiral Revolk (same voice as the Hreidmar Brothers): https://www.sounds-resource.com/playsta ... und/10829/
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Congratulations on moving this towards the release phase. :) This is one of the mods that I am truly in love with. :)
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

skyrish10 wrote: Thea Skuld (same voice as Warden Veidt): https://www.sounds-resource.com/playsta ... und/10817/
Admiral Revolk (same voice as the Hreidmar Brothers): https://www.sounds-resource.com/playsta ... und/10829/
The Revok voice isn't too bad, but he's gotta speak a germanic language, or at least English with a germanic accent, so he matches the other Jotuns. Skuld would definitely need to be more thuggish, like the redheads. She's a mean, uncultured shinbreaker and despot.

Also I've been experimenting with assets for possible sequels as Rachael suggested, maybe something slightly truer to the style of the books with more muted sci-fi elements. Thought about visiting Normandy, another of the postnuclear nations which I've written very little about in the books, besides the fact that it lacks the same psychotic dictatoriships as Midgard and Jotunheim. Here's some testing with the Rheingold mod, which seemed appropriate.

I really wanna try something with dynamic music but there's no workable examples of that just yet.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

are you making all the wolfendoom mods compatible with this?
edgymemester

Post by edgymemester »

If you ever do make a sequel, it would be cool if you included more underwater sections (like in the last episode). Those were nice!
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

edgymemester wrote:If you ever do make a sequel, it would be cool if you included more underwater sections (like in the last episode). Those were nice!
Yeah I absolutely wanna do more of that. It was one of my favorite parts of Arctic Wolf. I would've had a lot more in Episode 5 but I couldn't think of a way to shoehorn it in.
armymen12002003 wrote:are you making all the wolfendoom mods compatible with this?
Probably not. I did it to Arctic Wolf 'cos it was already in a winter environment, and "reskinning" those mods doesn't always work out. There's stuff in Rheingold that doesn't work correctly with the new assets, like boss deaths not triggering what they're supposed to despite using the correct flags and inheritance. Even AW had to be modified so it would work.

What I'm more likely to do is make new Winter Agent Juno mods in a similar vein, and take them in a different direction. Rheingold was never finished: it was supposed to be like 11 episodes, but he only did two. I evcen thought about a Wolf3D tribute mod that reimagines the maps of the shareware episode.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”