The Late Train [FORMERLY KNOWN AS NIGHT TRAIN]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
enderkevin13

The Late Train [FORMERLY KNOWN AS NIGHT TRAIN]

Post by enderkevin13 »

Okay, so here's a level I redid to make it better in some ways than it was before.
The idea is, you're on a train, and you have to stop it and retreat to a bunker or some shit.

Anyways, here's the Mediafire download, might put it on IDgames soon.

Gameplay video.

Spoiler: Screenshots tbh
Last edited by enderkevin13 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:55 am, edited 7 times in total.
simpletonnn

Re: Night Train [Not done yet, need current opinions]

Post by simpletonnn »

I don't mean to sound rude, but you should probably get screenshots ready BEFORE you add the download.

note: haven't played the map yet

edit:
ok wow i was honestly not expecting this but the map was actually really nice, you don't really see stuff like this in the normal doom mods.
however, i think the hell knights were really overused, especially since you only have about 4 minutes to beat the map
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

simpletonnn wrote:I don't mean to sound rude, but you should probably get screenshots ready BEFORE you add the download.

note: haven't played the map yet

edit:
ok wow i was honestly not expecting this but the map was actually really nice, you don't really see stuff like this in the normal doom mods.
however, i think the hell knights were really overused, especially since you only have about 4 minutes to beat the map
I might fix that, I'm thinking of adding a station after you stop the train.
Miguel371xd

Post by Miguel371xd »

it is cool,and works with the nazis,aeod and other mods GOOD MAP
enderkevin13

Re: The Late Train [FORMERLY KNOWN AS NIGHT TRAIN]

Post by enderkevin13 »

Okay, I got more added into it now, I hope you enjoy guys!
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

Alright, I fixed the clusterdef flat, the final part, AND the death screen. Enjoy!
unRyker

Post by unRyker »

Played it for a bit and beat both versions. It was a pretty good map! One ting that I liked in the first version that was rid of in the new one was the fact you could lower down the crate with the blue-armor sitting on it. I felt it allowed more mobility of the player that way. However, what bothered me in both versions (the final one is worse in particular) is the lack of ammo for the shotgun in the start as it's the only weapon that could take demons out with ease right off the bat. More cacodemons around the blue-armor [along with the fact that the blue-armor cannot be lowered anymore] means you have to hope that your only path to the left isn't blocked by a cacodemon or lost soul for the shotgun ammo.

However, I liked the additions of the new version too! (was the chainsaw always there?) It has some new features a long with a slightly meatier ending. The ending could be expanded just a bit more though as it is sort of abrupt. Maybe have Doomguy awaken to the invasion of his bunker and then retreat to a more isolated one away from the train-tracks? Perhaps climbing a mountain to a more isolated one would be great and therefore make more sense in my opinion.
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

unRyker wrote:Played it for a bit and beat both versions. It was a pretty good map! One ting that I liked in the first version that was rid of in the new one was the fact you could lower down the crate with the blue-armor sitting on it. I felt it allowed more mobility of the player that way. However, what bothered me in both versions (the final one is worse in particular) is the lack of ammo for the shotgun in the start as it's the only weapon that could take demons out with ease right off the bat. More cacodemons around the blue-armor [along with the fact that the blue-armor cannot be lowered anymore] means you have to hope that your only path to the left isn't blocked by a cacodemon or lost soul for the shotgun ammo.

However, I liked the additions of the new version too! (was the chainsaw always there?) It has some new features a long with a slightly meatier ending. The ending could be expanded just a bit more though as it is sort of abrupt. Maybe have Doomguy awaken to the invasion of his bunker and then retreat to a more isolated one away from the train-tracks? Perhaps climbing a mountain to a more isolated one would be great and therefore make more sense in my opinion.
Might do that.
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

Fixed the out-of-time bug, where you don't die for some reason.
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

Aaaand the broken link
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Ah yeah,i saw this map on Aquarius199's channel.Nice map and i remember to heard this ost on Doom center.
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

ZioMcCall wrote:Ah yeah,i saw this map on Aquarius199's channel.Nice map and i remember to heard this ost on Doom center.
Thanks, Doomcenter is one of my favorite roleplay maps tbh
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

Added a gameplay video. Sorry if this is considered a bump, but I decided to post an update real quick.
Voltcom9

Post by Voltcom9 »

This map was a lot of fun. Great work here.
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

Voltcom9 wrote:This map was a lot of fun. Great work here.
Thanks!

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”