Dishonored [Full v0.0] [DISCONTINUED]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Accensus

Dishonored [Full v0.0] [DISCONTINUED]

Post by Accensus »

From the creator of Hellfire Division and CustomDoom...
Lud presents...

What is Dishonored?

Dishonored is a mod for (G)ZDoom which takes elements from the game of the same name and mixes them with Doom. Example of those elements are:
- Elixir/Remedy mechanic: Medikits and Stimpacks are replaced with either Elixir or Remedy, with the ratio being 3:1, respectively. Medikit has 100% chance to spawn whereas stimpack has only 50%. They are stored in the player's inventory and either can be used at any time with a bindable key in Controls menu. Maximum amount for each is 10.
- Mana mechanic: Using any power costs mana and, just like in the original Dishonored, the mana regenerates partially a few seconds after usage.

Important note: The mod runs perfectly on (G)ZDoom. Zandronum has not been tested. May not work due to lack of ACS functions. Needs confirmation.

What's the difference between Full and Lite version?

Lite version has the default weapons and sprites, with some minor edits. I have changed the response time for all weapons and also decreased switch time for some of them. Full version, on the other hand, will be closer to the original game in terms of weapon count and ability. This one requires touchy sprite rips, so there is no guarantee when it will be complete and ready for release.
Spoiler: Changelog
Download: Currently not available. Coming out someday.
Spoiler: Older Versions
Spoiler: F.A.Q. & Known Bugs
Spoiler: Credits
Spoiler: License
Last edited by Accensus on Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 39 times in total.
SuaveSteve

Re: [Release] Dishonored v1.0

Post by SuaveSteve »

Telefragged an imp.

Neat :)
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Ah, yes, telefragging. Forgot to mention that in the bugs, lol. Gonna add it. Thanks for reminding me. :)
Trusty McLegit

Post by Trusty McLegit »

Dude this mod us fucking awesome! The powers work surprisingly well, and the quicker weapon switching was a nice touch. Now all we need are some maps designed for this mod, because as it is this just breaks the hell out of level progression!
Flyingcomputer

Post by Flyingcomputer »

Any plans to revamp the monsters ai to better fit teleporting around?
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Trusty McLegit wrote:Dude this mod us fucking awesome! The powers work surprisingly well, and the quicker weapon switching was a nice touch. Now all we need are some maps designed for this mod, because as it is this just breaks the hell out of level progression!
Haha, thanks! I think there's a guy who is interested in making maps for it, but we'll see how it goes. I can map, too, but it costs me a lot of time and I won't be able to focus on bugfixes and such.
Flyingcomputer wrote:Any plans to revamp the monsters ai to better fit teleporting around?
I have no idea how to do that, but have you tried playing with fastmonsters on? I did and I got rekt. It's very difficult to dodge projectiles, even with Blink.
Accensus

Re: [Update] Dishonored v1.0.1

Post by Accensus »

Updated to v1.0.1. Mainly bugfix update with some small edits.
TheDoomctator

Post by TheDoomctator »

Mixing two of my favorite games ever...sounded like a bad idea at first I gotta be honest but it's actually really fun to blink around and kill demons
The only thing I would like are stuff like: More powers,runes (upgrade the powers,of course) and maybe Corvo's Blade because...well its Dishonored godammit!
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

The blade and other Dishonored-related weapons will probably be in the Original version which I have no idea when I'll release. The groundwork has been laid with the latest bugfix release, so I can begin the actual work on the Original version. Runes will be trickier as I have no idea how to make ACS-based menus. Once I learn that, someday, I'll probably implement a rune system, too.

EDIT: Or not. I forgot I'm waiting for the psprite generalisation to get implemented. I'd rather wait, because with it it'll be many times easier to create new weapons and hand animations for Vanilla. I want to finish with Vanilla and Then start the work on the Original version.
PandaDoomer

Re: Dishonored v1.0.1

Post by PandaDoomer »

Looks sweet!
Last edited by PandaDoomer on Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheDoomctator

Post by TheDoomctator »

Lud wrote:The blade and other Dishonored-related weapons will probably be in the Original version which I have no idea when I'll release. The groundwork has been laid with the latest bugfix release, so I can begin the actual work on the Original version. Runes will be trickier as I have no idea how to make ACS-based menus. Once I learn that, someday, I'll probably implement a rune system, too.

EDIT: Or not. I forgot I'm waiting for the psprite generalisation to get implemented. I'd rather wait, because with it it'll be many times easier to create new weapons and hand animations for Vanilla. I want to finish with Vanilla and Then start the work on the Original version.
Okay comrade i can live without the runes i'll wait paciently for the original version...keep the good work mate!
Accensus

Re: Dishonored [Original v0.0]

Post by Accensus »

Bumping with progress. Well, unfortunately, progress has been exactly none. Starting today, I am ditching vanilla version and focusing on releasing the Original version, which was the core idea of the mod. Vanilla is some sort of a spin-off, so to say. I'm working solo so progress might be a bit slow. I mod around 10-12 hours a day so I should have the mod released by the end of the month. No solid promises, though. Reason why I haven't touched anything is because I had some important uni exams, though now that I've been accepted into university, I'll have a month of free modding time.
Accensus

Re: Dishonored [Full v0.0]

Post by Accensus »

Added a poll. Why? Well, I've been a lazy arse lately and haven't done anything. Mostly due to the fact that I've noticed the lack of interest in such a mod. I don't feel really motivated. That's why I'm gonna ask before I dive in seriously. Wanna know if it's even worth touching the mod any further or ask mods to delete this particular thread for good. (Lite version will remain up.)

FYI, I plan on doing the following:
- Change the HUD a bit. The health/armor bar won't be split in two. I'll try to make an overlapping bar using the idea I got when helping Rexen with his Pokehud.
- Port all weapons. Unfortunately, they will be cheap, game rips. I don't have the skills to make a custom sprite set. If anybody wants to help out, you're more than welcome. There's gonna be a special place for your name in the credits list. I only need the fully upgraded pistol, upgraded crossbow with both normal and explosive bolts, and sword. With their respective reload animations, of course. Sword pull out animation may be omitted.
- Change weapon damage and whatnot so you don't have to slash a Cyberdemon ten thousand times.
- Add some more powers. Until runes make it in (if ever), the player will start with all powers.

Things I don't plan on doing:
- Death animations. Way too damn hard.
- Runes. Those require an ACS menu to use and I am a complete moron when it comes to ACS menus. Gonna need help on that one.

For the powers, I won't add these:
- Possession. Useless cause there's no stealth.
- Shadow Kill. The zombies don't care who's dead so it's useless, obviously.
- Dark Vision. I don't know how to make enemies visible through walls, if that's even possible.
- Vitality. I'll keep this one out for now. Might implement it later on.

If this gets No'd to hell, I'll leave it and focus on another game port or something. Most likely expand upon CustomDoom. To be honest, I don't feel motivated at all right now cause I'm getting tired of working solo. DECORATE is fun and interesting, but the sprite rips...ugh...I'd rather shoot myself in the foot.

By the way, the poll will also run for a while. Please, be honest and leave a vote, whether a yes or no, as it's important to me. The only reason I'd continue developing the mod is because of you guys. If you wanna see it finished, I'll try to deliver.
mutator

Re: Dishonored [Full v0.0] [POLL]

Post by mutator »

Sorry that you felt like nobody cared about your efforts.. I actually like the way your mod looks and hope if I can help you with anything which I'm capable of doing to be support to you with the work you are doing at the moment
Accensus

Re: Dishonored [Full v0.0] [POLL]

Post by Accensus »

Thank you, mutator.

On a side note, Oh My Goodness, Oh My DAYUM! 10 votes for Yes and none for No. I'll wait some more, but I think I see the outcome. As for helping, I need help with the sprites. Ripping the sprites is the most painful experience for me. I'll code some stuff with placeholders for now, but I'll eventually need the actual sprites.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”