Dishonored [Full v0.0] [DISCONTINUED]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
mutator

Re: Dishonored [Full v0.0] [POLL]

Post by mutator »

Ripping sprites from where and what exactly is needed to be ripped? I have ripped weapon sprites for weapons for doom mod before.. I only suck at scripting but ripping seems to be fun part of modding
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Well, I need the weapon sprites from the original Dishonored game. That's what this mod is - it aims to port the gameplay to Doom.
mutator

Post by mutator »

I will buy the game to rip the sprites for you but can't do it now since I'm in Turkey for vacation and I don't have internet on laptop
mutator

Post by mutator »

I can also rip the sounds of weapons
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Wow, that's awesome. Here's an advice for easier ripping: look at the sky. Try to find a level where the sun isn't as bright and look up. Helps with selection if there are no obstacles. Look at my previous long post to see exactly what I need. As for sounds, I can rip those myself, thanks. Sprites are the biggest problem.

If anyone can provide me with doomified sprites instead of rips, that'd be simply astonishing! But as long as I have any type of sprites, I'll slowly move forward.
Last edited by Accensus on Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
mutator

Post by mutator »

Alright I'll do the sprites once I go back to Canada from vacation :) don't worry my friend you won't be left helpless
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Thank you so much, man. :)
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

20 votes for Yes in 6 days and not a single No. I ain't quitting, then! Spriting work might take a while, as mutator's got some side stuff, but it'll get done eventually. In the mean time, I'll do some placeholder wizardry to get the base working.

Thank you for all the voting, people. It sure means a lot and gave me quite a bit of motivation.
mutator

Re: Dishonored [Full v0.0]

Post by mutator »

I will start working on the project soon and I'll try to rip the all gun sounds, it's very easy as you said :) just noclip and rip it where ambient is off. And for the weapons it's same deal, go to brightest part of map you can so weapon colours have the original colour
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Well, there's no noclip in Dishonored, unfortunately. It doesn't matter if the guns aren't of excellent quality. I need them to release the mod. After that, I can always improve upon the rips myself, someday. Or if some sprite artist is kind enough to provide improvements after I deliver, I'd be even more thankful. :)
mutator

Post by mutator »

There is always part in every game which has no ambient even in doom so I will try my best just like how guys in zion team trying their best quality. I will help and do my best to make sure this mod gets loved
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

It is very much appreciated, man. This is one of the few "Other game to Doom" conversions that I want to see finished. I loved Dishonored, having played it over and over again at least a dozen times. I'm not gonna let this die, mark my words. I've come this far anyway, haven't I? ;)
mutator

Post by mutator »

Yes we can do this ;) I will be extracting all the gun frames and I don't know if each gun will have over 100 sprites because I want this to be very smooth
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Well, around 20-25 sprites per animation (fire & reload) should suffice. As I said, take your time. Quality over speed. ;) We gonna do this right.
mutator

Post by mutator »

Yes my friend we will do this :) I'll help you with everything I know

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”