Dishonored [Full v0.0] [DISCONTINUED]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Accensus

Re: Dishonored [Full v0.0]

Post by Accensus »

Bumpin' with progresso.

So I picked up the mod seriously now and quickly understood how to make dual-wielding without any ACS at all (thanks, MajorCooke and PillowBlaster!) which means that once I have them juicy sprites, it'll be like 2 days of work before the mod is released. It's really that trivial, but those sprites are holding me back. Currently working with some placeholders. So far things are going smoothly. There is still hope. :P
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

Im excited! I loved dishonored. I am also glad to see you did not lose interest in the project.

Keep us posted.
mutator

Post by mutator »

I bought the dishonored game and now I'll do my best to rip the best frames for it, in case if you want the sounds I'm ready for it :) getting the sounds from guns and sword
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

I'll get the sounds, no worries. That's a few minutes of work.
mutator

Post by mutator »

Its okay my friend I would love to help you anywhere in the mod I can to make your job easier
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Progress update!

Well, I've worked a little today but here is the main to-do & done list:

To do (final results may vary):
- Add Windblast
- Add Devouring Swarm
- Add Runes (Optional)
- Design ACS buy menu. Ugh. (Very optional. Read: most likely will not happen)
- Further improve the effects
- Add power tiers using Runes (If latter is implemented)
- Add sliding
- Add leaning (Eeeeeventually. Probably gonna make it in last. If at all.)
- Add sounds from Dishonored
- Add menu music
- Add ledge climbing (Optional. Needs a lot of testing. Might not add it.)

Done:
- Thought of a damage formula based on actor health. The higher the health, the more damage the player will deal. (Well, implemented it, but the formula makes all actors take the same amount of damage. May improve based on feedback later on.)
- Changed actor speed so it's more Dishonored-like
- Changed weapon bob speed so it's more Dishonored-like
- Added titlepic (cheap Google piracy)
- Added additional effects to Blink.
- Redesigned the HUD - bars are finally overlapping instead of split in two.

And here's a gif of the new Blink: http://imgur.com/a/TERxF
mutator

Post by mutator »

just a picture I wanted to share :P
http://tinypic.com/r/123ozgj/9
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Quality stuff! I reckon the other weapons will be less of a problem. Sword has a lot of details and so does the crossbow. Hey, if you want, drop the crossbow. For now I don't see a reason to add it (since stealth hasn't be implemented). Sword and gun are good enough for now. And just enough to make a stable release. People've been waiting for this and I still want to deliver.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Update with bad news. (I see a post was sent to the Gallery of Useless Bumps so I feel like actually updating with info.)

Well, this mod's pretty much dead in the water. I never got around making the sprites and got fucked over with the good samaritan attitude of a fellow member and my own naiveness. I'll move the thread to Abandoned/Dead projects later (deliberatly) until someone is kind and legit enough to rip the sprites for me. I have way too much stuff on my plate at this moment to do it myself. I still have the source on my HDD and most of the gameplay has been coded. There is not much to do apart from adding Windblast and doing some general improvements to the codebase. And the sprites. The most important part.

Sorry, guys. I was really motivated to work on this, but unfortunately I don't have the necessary resources. I don't think the gameplay would have unfolded too well, either, mostly because of the differences in the gameplay of both games. This mod is good for screwing around, but not really good enough for serious gameplay. I'm, of course, talking about the monsters. Oh, well.

RIP.
Deii

Re: Dishonored [Full v0.0] [DISCONTINUED]

Post by Deii »

Well, now that sucks. It's a shame I only heard of this project right now because you updated with the info, it really does seem like it would be quite the charming thing to play.

Best of luck in the future, I suppose.
Accensus

Re: Dishonored [Full v0.0] [DISCONTINUED]

Post by Accensus »

Thanks. Hopefully, someday, I'll revive it. I have a backup of the source in multiple places so there's no chance I'll delete it by accident. I'm moving the thread to Abandoned/Dead now.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”