IMPatience

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
HexenMapper

Re: IMPatience

Post by HexenMapper »

Updated: now 18 maps! OP link is updated (Impatience_37.rar)

New Marines introduced: BFG marine, Sawmarine

EDIT: Some fixes after playtesting, OP link updated (Impatience_38.rar)
HexenMapper

Post by HexenMapper »

Updated: 19th map added

Difficulty on Map 8 and Map 13 fixed

Player health now resets to 60 on map start.
HexenMapper

Post by HexenMapper »

Updated: 20th and 21st maps added. OP link updated

Thanks to all those who nominated for a caco as well! Glad you guys are enjoying this
HexenMapper

Post by HexenMapper »

Reviewed by Mr Icarus in his doom mod madness series:

TerryWADArchive

Post by TerryWADArchive »

This is a really fun mod, I would be glad to help you out with this if you want.
HexenMapper

Post by HexenMapper »

TerryWADArchive wrote:This is a really fun mod, I would be glad to help you out with this if you want.
That would be great, you can find the instructions on page 2 for converting levels to IMPatience. MAP22 is the next map that needs to be done. There's a google document that shows which maps go where. So MAP22 will be Doom 1 E2M2.

I'm not currently working on this project, but I was given a lot of great ideas from the doom mod madness youtube clip. I would really like to implement the player being able to leap forwards, inflict more damage, and have a longer melee reach. Also I would like to upgrade the fireball at some stage too. Anything to encourage the player to use normal imp abilities over weapons. I will hopefully get around to doing that at some stage, but feel free to experiment in those areas as well if you like. The extra abilities should be slowly drip fed in, one at a time. I would probably introduce the leap around the same time the doomguy marine gets his plasma gun. And perhaps the extra meleedamage about the same time doomguy respawns with the SSG. Should be enough damage to kill the doom guy in 1 or 2 hits.
Cacoguard

Post by Cacoguard »

I think a "make an ally move" command should exist, because is a bit annoying to kill/noclip other monsters

good mod, btw
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I can't wait to see how you improve on this mod.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

You realize this thread got bumped from 2016, right? :?
HexenMapper

Post by HexenMapper »

Screams

How is this alive!?

Yes unfortunately I have not worked on this for a few years... I am no whiz when it comes to DECORATE / ACS so I'm not sure if I could do justice to many of the changes I would like to make - PLUS - I'm pretty busy doing other, more music-related projects these days 8-)
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

HexenMapper wrote:Screams

How is this alive!?

Yes unfortunately I have not worked on this for a few years... I am no whiz when it comes to DECORATE / ACS so I'm not sure if I could do justice to many of the changes I would like to make - PLUS - I'm pretty busy doing other, more music-related projects these days 8-)
Even worse: GZDoom now seems to use ZScript instead of ACS/DECORATE.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

AvzinElkein wrote:Even worse: GZDoom now seems to use ZScript instead of ACS/DECORATE.
Even worse: You literally have no fucking clue what you are talking about, and seem to revel in your ignorance.

Trust me, ignorance is not a trait that should be celebrated. It's shameful to look like this.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”