CustomDoom v1.8.2 FINAL

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Do you find the mod useful?

Hell yeah! I'm using it all the time!
45%
Yes. It is helpful for the most part.
42%
Meh. It's ok, but not that big of a deal.
6%
No. There are some things I don't like.
No votes
Hell no! I'd rather go to prison than use it!
No votes
I am not using this mod.
6%
Other. (Specify)
No votes

Total votes: 62

Accensus

Re: CustomDoom v1.6.2

Post by Accensus »

You're welcome. :)
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

I have a question.

What color do you guys think would be best for the descriptions? Currently it's dark light-blue, though I have changed it to white in the unreleased version. I need some opinions on that. I'd have made a poll, but 10 options aren't really enough imo. TEXTCOLO format is appreciated.
JudgeGroovy

Post by JudgeGroovy »

I don't have a strong opinion on that, I don't mind the current color, maybe a slightly lighter pale blue, but it is all good by me. Still enjoy this mod by the way, thanks again!
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Whaaat's up people? Just letting y'all know that I'll be releasing the final v1.7 either tonight or tomorrow.

I have added a completely new system to make Co-op and DM a lot more interesting. It is experimental, so bugfixes might be in order, but keep in mind I will not be updating with big releases in the near future. Reason for that is that I have started university and I don't have time to work on several projects at once. I'm trying to finish all my open projects one by one. As for the Dishonored mod, I'm still waiting for the sprites. Most of the core systems have been written, but I can't make a release without the guns. Might release it alongside Dishonored 2, lol.

And with CustomDoom...well, here's what I've done today:

- Added descriptions to the kill and reset commands in the main menu.
- Edited the menu colors. Again. This time they're gonna stay white.
- Added randomization menu. What it does is take two values and shift between them. Changes apply after current randomization!
- Added an option to choose between the following notifications: None, Simple text, Picture.
- Added optional notification sound when randomization has occurred.
- Added volume slider for the notification.
- Added optional timer that shows how much time is left until next randomization.

Timer needs some fine-tuning, but I should be ready by tomorrow cause I'm leaving town then. If you have any ideas, throw 'em at me.
Accensus

Re: CustomDoom v1.7 FINAL

Post by Accensus »

Updated. V1.7 is out. Enjoy!
doomguy214

Post by doomguy214 »

Hmm. Can you advice how to add following options in custom doom or add these options in next release of custom doom
1.setting starting armor & health value
2.increasing the maximum armor value if possible & also setting the value
Also I have this question:-
If I start my game with health regeneration & shut down during playing the level will effect of shutting down
Health regeneration start from next level or middle of level when I stop regeneration or I have to restart my game to
See stopped effect of regeneration
Thanking u in advance for answering my question s
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

1. Only way that'd work is giving the player an inventory check item to be fed to the ACS ENTER script so it only does that once per game. And even then this is just a theory that hasn't been tested. I might implement it.
2. Isn't this already possible? See armor cap. You can have a lot of armor by setting it high. Keep in mind that you can't yet change the SavePercent. ACS doesn't allow it. This is Wait For ZScript, I think. In case you meant normal amount of armor you can have by picking up bonuses, sorry, currently impossible.

As for the question, the answer is that it will stop after the next regeneration, whenever that is.

EDIT: Will add starting health. I've implemented it, but as it currently is it only changes health on level start once per game. Tomorrow, before release, I will try to add an option to choose whether it's once per game or in the beginning of every level/respawn. Useful for deathmatch games. Reason why I'm bothering with this is because it is indeed a nice feature that I'd like to make it in, but didn't have any ideas on how to do it. I also need some time to test it and make sure it won't break. Expect release in 24 hours.
doomguy214

Post by doomguy214 »

Can U please tell where to set armor cap i was unable to find it using custom doom final V 1.7 in advance player options & but i was there in regeneration and degeneration which sets limit for regeneration and degeneration of armor

YOU can please tell where i can set Armor cap to set up armor lever high so i can keep on collecting armor to that limit using normal or other armor bonuses
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

I wrote:In case you meant normal amount of armor you can have by picking up bonuses, sorry, currently impossible.
doomguy214

Post by doomguy214 »

This means i can set only maximum level of health not armor in advance player options and maximum armor cap will be set at level as per levels of game
can you if possible give me a screenshot where to set maximum armor cap in custom doom final version 1.7

thanking u in advance for answering my question
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

The armor cap is set under Armor Regeneration in Regeneration Options. What this cap does is limit how much armor you can regenerate using regeneration, Not how much you can pick up. I don't think I can clear it up any more than that.
doomguy214

Post by doomguy214 »

thanks ok got it
Best of Luck for new version hope you release as early as possible
Accensus

Re: CustomDoom v1.7.1 FINAL

Post by Accensus »

Updated. Also added a neverending poll, for the hell of it. Boosts morale, ye know. Or...bitchslaps it. Whichever comes first.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

I've added more options to the poll. Old results were 2 for "Hell yeah!" and 5 for "Yes". It doesn't seem important enough to bump with this, but someone might ask where his vote went. I should have done that yesterday...

Anyways, thanks to everyone who's voted, it does mean much to see people finding it useful. I, myself, am voting "I'm not using the mod" in the new poll as I'm really not using the mod, lol. With all the regeneration options and whatnot, it's become more of a Multiplayer mutator than anything.

And some may ask why I created the poll? Is it for likes? Or is it for lolz? Actually...both. I don't plan on changing it anymore, that's for sure.
Last edited by Accensus on Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
doomguy214

Post by doomguy214 »

Problem of Running Custom Doom with ZandroDev3.0-160814-2010windows

Script error, "[L]CustomDoom v1.7.1.wad:MENUDEF" line 6:
SC_GetNumber: Bad numeric constant "CDLightBlue".

Custom Doom downloaded from
https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=7728

While Zandorum Dev Build Downloaded from:-
https://zandronum.com/downloads/testing ... indows.zip

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”