CustomDoom v1.8.2 FINAL

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Do you find the mod useful?

Hell yeah! I'm using it all the time!
45%
Yes. It is helpful for the most part.
42%
Meh. It's ok, but not that big of a deal.
6%
No. There are some things I don't like.
No votes
Hell no! I'd rather go to prison than use it!
No votes
I am not using this mod.
6%
Other. (Specify)
No votes

Total votes: 62

Accensus

Re: CustomDoom v1.7.1 FINAL

Post by Accensus »

Well, Zandro's codebase isn't up to date with ZDoom. This is an issue with the menu colors. I'll test and might have to create a separate version for Zandro with all the incompatible stuff out. Thanks for letting me know!
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Suggestion: Option to degenerate health faster/slower depending on how much further/nearer you are to the desired value respectively. Also would be interesting for regen.

A good example would be if you were playing Russian Overkill, you can set the health value to stop degenerating at 200 so when you're around 300 it goes at 20 per second but when you're at 20000 it goes at 1000 per second, etc... Should gradually change over the health values.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Thanks for the idea. Sounds doable. I'll wait before adding new stuff, though.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

I loved the final version and it was gratifying for me go along your mod to the final version. Should win the most useful mod of the year award.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Thank you! I won't get to see how it'll fare in the 64k compo, but I got nominated once in the Cacowards thread over at Doomworld, so I guess there is a chance.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

My vote is guaranteed :D
doomguy214

Post by doomguy214 »

Corrections my mistake you cannot select weapon after throwing grenade if you health is more than 665.This means you have to set you max health cap at 665 seems to wierd missing weapon bug if health is set above 665 in zion weapons only mod
Last edited by doomguy214 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Why remove the randomizer? What wasn't working in ZDoom stable? I don't remember it being broken. Also, why use ZDoom stable in the first place?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

doomguy214 wrote:I finally made a custom doom for older version of z-doom stable. It also works with ZionV08Alpha2 Guns Only with grenade throwing bug as mentioned by me has been corrected & randomiser removed to make it more for z doom not zandorum i am using a zandorum version as a base:-
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=50744&start=315

Please post in this main post.

i own no credits all credits to original owner
I'm not entirely sure what's changed that's relevant to the mod.
doomguy214

Post by doomguy214 »

wildweasel wrote:
doomguy214 wrote:I finally made a custom doom for older version of z-doom stable. It also works with ZionV08Alpha2 Guns Only with grenade throwing bug as mentioned by me has been corrected & randomiser removed to make it more for z doom not zandorum i am using a zandorum version as a base:-
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=50744&start=315

Please post in this main post.

i own no credits all credits to original owner
Corrections my mistake you cannot select weapon after throwing grenade if you health is more than 665.This means you have to set you max health cap at 665 seems to wierd missing weapon bug if health is set above 665 in zion weapons only mod.
Last edited by doomguy214 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

....But CustomDoom doesn't have graphics. Now I'm even more confused.
doomguy214

Post by doomguy214 »

wildweasel wrote:....But CustomDoom doesn't have graphics. Now I'm even more confused.
Corrections my mistake you cannot select weapon after throwing grenade if you health is more than 665.This means you have to set you max health cap at 665 seems to wierd missing weapon bug if health is set above 665 in zion weapons only mod
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

I still don't see what the randomizer has to do with anything. Moreover, I looked at the mod you provided and saw few things out of the ordinary:
- WadEXT's readme. Moving the mod to a .pk3 format was unnecessary. It worked fine in .wad. In fact, it's in .wad for a purpose. Having this particular mod in a .pk3 format will hardly change anything other than increase loading times due to need for decompression on launching.
- A 35kb file featuring the complete GNU license, without specifying who the actual copyright holder is.
- You only removed RANDMIZE.o from the ACS folder without actually removing the thing from menu.

There are at least several better ways of doing what you wanted to do, because you can still have health at more than 665 at the moment.

Your best luck might be looking at the changelog and downloading one of the older versions where Start Health was not implemented. You won't have trouble looking, because it was implemented in 1.7.1, if I recall correctly.

And even with the newest version, the options are not necessarily used. The ZION thread OP should specify to avoid using specific CustomDoom functions with specific values. It pretty much solves the problem and doesn't require messing with the mod itself.
wildweasel wrote:....But CustomDoom doesn't have graphics. Now I'm even more confused.
He meant that CustomDoom, played with ZION weapons-only mod, has a gameplay issue due to somewhat faulty, in my opinion, implementation of a gameplay feature in the latter. CD itself has some graphics, but they are internally used by the mod and are completely unrelated to any other mod that could be loaded.
doomguy214

Post by doomguy214 »

Thanks for analysis. I removed the was since it was unauthorised copy . thanks anyway

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”