Brutal HeXen/Heretic RPG - A Final Update

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
thedeathrunner123
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Brutal HeXen/Heretic RPG - A Final Update

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

moddb's having their mod appreciation week, and i feel this needs more publicity, so im gonna shout out "BRUTAL Hexen/Heretic RPG". #modlove2019
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Thanks for the reply.

That's great news, at least we have some more characters but still we need help here.

I finally fixed the torch for the Mage and also fixed the Cleric so right now its looking good.

If we can get 3 Mage and 3 Cleric characters it would be practically complete.

So I basically started with the Mage, next cloned the main weapon and renamed the strings allocated to the language acs, failed many times right now.

Still progress.

Thanks again.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Update here.

We managed to allocate the RPG elements to the Mage and Cleric class, also brutalized the weapons, the torch works with all classes and fixed the ranking system on the Mage to level up.

Here is the Brutal Hexen RPG 4.2 link, its the best attempt we can do right now, was hoping we could allocate 3 Mages and 3 Clerics but I cannot figure that out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqpfximwaqnno ... 2.pk3?dl=0

Nevertheless hope you enjoy, its a blast in coop with a Mage spamming projectiles everywhere, it's bloody brutal.

Also the textures from the Brutal mod are not upscaled but I have the tools to attempt the Ai upscaling process.

Thanks again.
illuminerdi

Post by illuminerdi »

Is there a way to resize the default HUD in Brutal Heretic RPG v2? It's a bit large a clunky for my taste on 1080p.

Otherwise I'm loving everything about this mod, keep up the fine work!
thedeathrunner123

use the scaling options inside "hud options" or if that doesn't work, use - and + keys.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

The original HUD elements don't scale on this mod, we tried to fix this but failed.

I agree the HUD needs a scaling option.
illuminerdi

Post by illuminerdi »

ZDL_800 wrote:The original HUD elements don't scale on this mod, we tried to fix this but failed.

Are the sources for Brutal Heretic public? I'm willing to give it a try fixing it myself and/or maybe improving the HUD a bit.

Is this still in development or have the devs kind of finished with their work on it? The topic for this thread is "a final update" which leads me to believe that no more work is intending to be done on this?
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Hello.

The devs have said you can update the mod.

We have updated the mod to 4.2, link here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqpfximwaqnno ... 2.pk3?dl=0

We implemented the Mage and Cleric class, also allocated the RPG elements to the classes.

There are a few things that need updating...

We need 2 extra Mage characters
We need 2 extra Cleric characters
We need the HUD to be scaled correctly

The Fighter class is complete with 3 Fighter characters, we need the same parameters for the Mage and Cleric.

We also have combined Hexen and the DLC so you can play from Map1 to Map60, its going to be epic but just a few updates left. It works in coop.

That would be brilliant if you could have a look at the 4.2 update, if you can rescale the HUD, that would be awesome!

Thanks again.
illuminerdi

Post by illuminerdi »

I was actually wondering about Brutal HERETIC, not Hexen...
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

illuminerdi wrote:
ZDL_800 wrote:The original HUD elements don't scale on this mod, we tried to fix this but failed.

Are the sources for Brutal Heretic public? I'm willing to give it a try fixing it myself and/or maybe improving the HUD a bit.

Is this still in development or have the devs kind of finished with their work on it? The topic for this thread is "a final update" which leads me to believe that no more work is intending to be done on this?
The continuation to Brutal Heretic is technically Heretical Doom, but it is a fork and makes drastic changes to the core mod and uses different assets/code. Its up to Seidolon, but (unless he's changed his stance in regards to continuing the project) proper accreditation and a different name/fork were his main requests past his permission.
SCAPPELLOTTO

Post by SCAPPELLOTTO »

download links are broken
please someone reupload somewhere
illuminerdi

Post by illuminerdi »

So apparently a .pk3 file can just be edited directly. I thought it was compiled and I would need sources in order to make edits to the mod. Right-o. I've been poking around in Slade and this all seems pretty straightforward.

I'm going to start with Brutal Heretic and fork it off and make some changes.

If those go well I'll take a look at Brutal Hexen once I'm more comfortable with ZScript and GZD as an engine as a whole. Brutal Hexen is a much larger and more complex project due to the multiple classes, so it's definitely not something I intend to tackle right away - I haven't even played it yet.
Sergg

Post by Sergg »

hello, please explain how to switch second and third weapon in hexen. when i press 2,3 key nothing happen. i found that weapon already, and key correctly bind. What i am doing wrong? First weapon and torch working normal.
thedeathrunner123

Sergg wrote:hello, please explain how to switch second and third weapon in hexen. when i press 2,3 key nothing happen. i found that weapon already, and key correctly bind. What i am doing wrong? First weapon and torch working normal.
Use the mouse wheel, if that doesn't work upgrade your source port to a newer version.
Sergg

Post by Sergg »

mouse wheel also doesn't work, i am using latest build GZDoom g4.1.3 and BrutalHexenRPG_V4.2.pk3

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”