Brutal HeXen/Heretic RPG - A Final Update

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Blaskovic

Re: Brutal HeXen/Heretic RPG - Version 3 Fighter Demo

Post by Blaskovic »

Any update of the Brutal Heretic ??
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

Not yet, I'm currently trying to update the other player classes for Brutal Hexen RPG, then I'll work on Brutal Heretic RPG.
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

I don't know if i said that yet but.... i think i understand why the Dragon claw look a bit underpowered, again, the shot is not totaly precis/accurate (like the original one), it's more like a big machinegun who shoot really quickly but for the balance, it's not so accurate, and if you want make it better, just use a bit the vertical autoaim, it will help to balance the thing ! Dragon Claw can be more powerful than the elven staff but without vertical autoaim, it looks harder to hit, so we have the feeling it's underpowered. But maybe it should need a little bit power added, not a lot.

Actually, the Crossbow is really violent, i love it (specially with the tome of power), for me, the power is ok because the speed of the shoot (between each) is really fast and fun!

I feel like brutal heretic is more a violent/fast mod for heretic and it's what i like the most in this game and retro fps :D

For the gauntlets, i think, the solution is maybe the fact You can let the player to go back when we uses the gauntlets! In the original heretic, you are like stuck on an enemy if you use it, with zandronum, it's weird but i can use it and go back to not be hit ! And the power seem ok....maybe, like the dragon claw, buff the power just a little bit more ?

Im pretty curious about your future idea fo the tomed hell staff, but i dont want to be spoiled haha.
I can easily wait for now, Brutal Heretic is really awesome yet! Thanks again, still my favorite fps!! :mrgreen:

EDIT: For people who want play the mod with software (no opengl), in the config file of Gzdoom, change "vid_renderer 1" to "vid_renderer 0", it will be weird, but it will work on weaker laptop. (thanks to my friend for having found it!)
I think, i will be able to host it in some festival now \o/
EDIT: Mutliplayer work! :D
The host can use admin commands, and i can use some mappack or bots! Awesome! :mrgreen:
Video about it, but you need facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tomahawksilver ... =2&theater
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Would be quite nice if it wasn't called "Brutal Hexen" but something more original
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

Yeah, I thought about that today. I'll think of some new names and post here when I come up with one.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

If you plan on putting fatalities into this, I don't see why you would need to change the name.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Valherran wrote:If you plan on putting fatalities into this, I don't see why you would need to change the name.
Well maybe to give this nice mod a title that's worth of its fantasy in it, instead of the usual Brodal title? Anyway don't wanna start an endless fight or flame here.
Seidolon wrote:Yeah, I thought about that today. I'll think of some new names and post here when I come up with one.
On contrary, I have a couple of suggestions for you:

Heretic / Hexen - Magic & Mayhem RPG
Heretic / Hexen - R.P.G: Rage, Pain & Guts
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

@Valherran
While I am going to bring back the fatality system in the original Brutal Hexen, I think a name change is in order. The fact that this mod has the word "Brutal" in the title probably lowers the amount of people who are even willing to view the thread. I think that as long as I credit the proper creators of the fatalities, changing the name should be alright.

@Ozy
Those names sound interesting. I was also thinking about Heretic / Hexen: Chaos Unleased RPG. Maybe it's a bit to similar to the already existing heretic mod Chaos Uprising, so I'll be thinking of other options too.
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

In an other way, the word "Brutal" is more known for people, because Brutal DOOM is popular, even for the "normal" gamers.
I mean, Brutal DOOM was showed by a lot of websites, reviewed and others, even in a lot of french websites! The video of the v20 was seen more than 1 000 000, so i think, even if Sergent Mark is not one of the maker of those mod for Hexen & Heretic, i think, the fact, you use the same violent style can allow you to use the "Brutal" word, it could make your mod more known and popular in a way : p

A new name can be cool but, for exemple, if you say to people "Magic & Mayhem RPG" is released! Not sure those people could care a lot....(except if you show them some videos, if they want see it....)
If you say "Brutal Hexen/Heretic are released!", and if they know Brutal DOOM, they could be more interested because the concept was liked by a lot of people.
I said that because when i hosted a retro fps stand last time, i have said there was "brutal hexen & rpg" who was released, and it was violent like brutal doom', those people seemed to be interested by the mod because they know a bit, Heretic & Hexen, but if i say a random name, not sure they will care.....

In an other way, your hexen modification used a part of the Brutal Hexen mod (of Sg Mark) right ? If he allows you to use the "Brutal" word, it could be a cool thing.
I think, one simple and cool word beside RPG is enough....like "Fatal", "Berserk" i dont know. But again, if you use the "brutal" name, it could help to make your mod more popular maybe? :)
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

How about Hexen/Heretic: Bloody Magic! :P
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

if you want some cool but difficult words, there you go.

Hexen/Heretic:
- Bloodshed Upon Thee
- Dispiteous Champions
- Blight Heresy
- Chaotic Chivalry
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

@Manhs
I agree that naming the mod Brutal Heretic / Hexen would be better for publicity, but I also believe that there's a certain percentage of the population that will refuse to play anything with the word "Brutal" in the title. I think that if I rename the mod, but I continue to describe the mod as a brutal RPG experience based off Brutal Hexen, it shouldn't lose too much publicity.

@Carbine Dioxide
Once again, another cool name that I'll have to consider.

@Captain J
Thanks for those intelligent words. You can't ever have enough of those. :P

What do you all think of Heretic / Hexen: Realm of the Serpent Riders?
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

Realm of the serpent riders doesn't really describe the mod, it sounds more like a level pack. I like carbine dioxide's recommendation myself.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Just letting you know, no matter what name you change it to, you are still going to receive the same flak because of the brutal features put into it. That "certain percentage" are the people that will have nothing to do with a mod that has ANY Brutal Doom content in it, not just the title.
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Ah yes, it's true, a lot of people dont play Brutal mod because some issues with brutal doom....well
What about Fatal Bloody Heretic/Hexen?

I have no really some idea, i think, it's better if there is 1 or 2 word max, no? : )

Oh i was curious, im neutral about it but do you add some fatalities like in brutal doom ? Not sure if a Brutal Corvus could be a good thing haha, but who know...maybe with an other concept? (sorry, random questions x)
For now anyway, the mod is cool, pretty curious what tomed hell staff you will add instead the spread :) (if you want still change it ^^ )

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”