Nash's Blood Mod [discontinued]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Quake161

Re: Nash's Blood Mod

Post by Quake161 »

Ohh the bloody goodness.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

Haha dude I remember talking to you about the next version at least 6 or 7 years ago. Glad to see you've finally released something XD

Looks great, just like Blood
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

Nash wrote: Argh, that must have been that old mesh from 2006 or whatever where it was too high off the ground. :/ I have a better mesh that's much more flush to the floor but I must've included the wrong .md3. Will fix!
Oh, no, no. I didn't mean the blood splatter on the ground. I meant the actual actors in the air. They seem to be defying gravity! :o If this is what you're aiming for though (like I was saying earlier), then keep it in. I just recall the old NashGore blood being less gravity resistant then these.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Hellser: oh my bad! This is how the effects look like in Blood though! I deliberately wanted to emulate that game's blood effects. :D
Ctrl+Alt+Destroy

Post by Ctrl+Alt+Destroy »

Just my two cents here, but what happened to the old 3D blood models in that one video? Those ones looked better than the ones currently in, IMHO.
Nash

Post by Nash »

I still have that blood texture but I thought it looked too simple but you're right, it would fit more in a classic/oldschool aesthetic... maybe I'll bring it back!
Ctrl+Alt+Destroy

Post by Ctrl+Alt+Destroy »

You don't even have to bring it back. You could, at the very least, release the texture as an alternative for other picky people such as myself. That would tickle my fancy just fine, I think!
Stopsignal

Post by Stopsignal »

God. This is exactly what i want. Totally trying this when i get the chance.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Absolutely loving it, would like to see new decals and other blood colors, and as a bloodite i can certainly tell you that your blood mod comes pretty damn close :)
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

Nash wrote:This contains blood effects ONLY. No colourized blood, no gib splats, no other junk. The REAL version of nashgore will be released another time...
not tried this yet but you know I'm a fan of nashgore.wad already. this looks great and a very faithful recreation of blood's blood!
Nash wrote:...not that it's of much relevance with all of the Br00tal mods around here
not so sure about this statement. never been interested in brutal doom's blood as I feel its ott and does not fit-in with the original sprites, but love the way that this and nashgore does blend in... :D I'm sure many others feel this way too...keep it up, looking forward to the finished version...
Baratus
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Baratus »

Great to see an even better looking update to an already awesome little gore mod!

I like how it's just a custom blood puff that isn't hard coded into the monsters, so it's very mod-friendly. Adding this to my autoload folder. :)

Looking forward to the full release.

(Running this with the old nashgore.wad gives correct blood colours, but also has some weird effects, i.e. enemy deaths randomly result in infinite gore fountains that lock up GZDoom. Hm. I think I'll just wait patiently for the full version.)
Nash

Post by Nash »

Baratus - don't run this with the old nashgore, they have clashing actor classes for one... I never meant nashblud to be loadable on top of nashgore. :D

The next version of nashgore will have nashblud integrated into it so this mod can be ditched in future!
Average

Post by Average »

This looks fun. I'll need to try it out after work.

I've got both your nashgore and qtilt mods on permaload and have had for a long time so I look forward to seeing this mod in action!

Thanks for your work dude. These small non-game-breaking mods are perfect! :)
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

Also looking forward to colored blood for the three monsters that don't bleed red.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hexereticdoom »

@Nash: Hello, I would like to ask you something that has been running today around my head... I've analized a few hours ago the PK3 file of the Blood Mod, and I have seen a comment in Decorate lump (to be precise in NashGore_SplatMaker actor) that says what prevents generating translated blood colors is a limitation of the (G)ZDoom engine, explained in the link you wrote also there in the lump...

The question is... Would it be possible to fix the problem, following the same procedure to make it like is in the other blood mod I quoted before, Droplets v13 (mod friendly version) just for obtaining this way the decal color translation? Because if you make the pertinent changes of code in your mod, you would achieve the solution to the problem... Should it be possible to do it, or may am I wrong?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”