[VERY EARLY WIP] Ghostbusters Doom 2: Reborn

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [WIP] Ghostbusters Doom 2: Reborn

Post by Ozymandias81 »

DrPyspy wrote:Personally, I don't think Action Doom 2 needs to be remade. I feel a fan-made sequel would be more interesting.
Really love your profile image. I guess a fan-made sequel is doable, but I can't do nothing like that 'cause too many projects to manage/work/carry out. Maybe this could be a nice idea for other modders, graphics, textures and actors + mapping is authorized for UB, as stated inside its readme file.

IT'S NO GOOD TO SHOT ONLY WITH A BARREL OF A GUN IN YOUR ROOM, YEAH THIS IS A PAIN I'M USED TO BUT I SIMPLY JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF IT. SO DREAM ON, ENJOY THE SILENCE, WE ARE MASTER AND SERVANT! :lol:
Scuba Steve

Re: [VERY EARLY WIP] Ghostbusters Doom 2: Reborn

Post by Scuba Steve »

If Action Doom 2 is remade, it needs to be for the following reasons:
  • Rework the maps' portals, skyboxes, and map tricks so they work properly in Gloome
    Replace the handful of sounds that are probably copyrighted
    Maybe bundle "Dead of Winter" with the main iwad
    Maybe balance the combat; different punching moves or enemy combat styles so the game is more than "punch, move back, move forward, punch"
Then, when it is working perfectly in Gloome, it should be added to Steam.

As for Ghostbusters Doom, go nuts. I'd use the proton pack I drew a few years ago for Ghouls vs Humans.
mallo

Post by mallo »

But using that proton pack would require redrawing every other weapon so they'd match, I think :p
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

I've done a little bit of this-and-that with assets from GBD2, so perhaps along the way, there might be some small things I can help contribute, like with Batman. :P
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Ed the Bat wrote:I've done a little bit of this-and-that with assets from GBD2, so perhaps along the way, there might be some small things I can help contribute, like with Batman. :P
Yep, you told me that some months ago and if I am not wrong there are some fixes for GBD2 into your site. As always with your awesome skills, you're welcomed. :cool:

@Mallo
You're right, we must repolish existent things first. I'll look into your wad during next week.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Scuba Steve wrote:If Action Doom 2 is remade, it needs to be for the following reasons:
  • Rework the maps' portals, skyboxes, and map tricks so they work properly in Gloome
    Replace the handful of sounds that are probably copyrighted
    Maybe bundle "Dead of Winter" with the main iwad
    Maybe balance the combat; different punching moves or enemy combat styles so the game is more than "punch, move back, move forward, punch"
Then, when it is working perfectly in Gloome, it should be added to Steam.
I am in full support of this idea.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

If a re-boot of GBD2 would become reality, the only thing I would like to ask is that there be no 3D models, I think it looks terrible out place in Doom and other 2.5D games of that era.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

wildweasel wrote:I am in full support of this idea.
Zenimax probably wouldn't. A rename would need to be in order to keep off their newfound love for the Doom trademark. They bought id for their legacy brands after all
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

Tough shit to Zenimax then. If you replaced the few copyright sounds/easter eggs issues and used GLOOME, Zenimax has no say; everything would be legal to sell. You would probably have to drop any in game references to "Doom" like "Action Doom"... but that's easy since you can just fall back on 'Urban Brawl' as the title.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Scuba Steve wrote:Tough shit to Zenimax then. If you replaced the few copyright sounds/easter eggs issues and used GLOOME, Zenimax has no say; everything would be legal to sell. You would probably have to drop any in game references to "Doom" like "Action Doom"... but that's easy since you can just fall back on 'Urban Brawl' as the title.
or maybe call it...
Urban Brawl: The Ballad of Action
or something
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

YukesVonFaust wrote:
Scuba Steve wrote:Tough shit to Zenimax then. If you replaced the few copyright sounds/easter eggs issues and used GLOOME, Zenimax has no say; everything would be legal to sell. You would probably have to drop any in game references to "Doom" like "Action Doom"... but that's easy since you can just fall back on 'Urban Brawl' as the title.
or maybe call it...
Urban Brawl: The Ballad of Action
or something
I go for Urban Mood: Cities of Violence. :cool:
Anyway this is Ghostbusters Doom II: Reborn thread now, so... don't wanna be the party pooper here. :roll:
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

Funny side note: I looked for Jason Frailey a couple years ago. He made all the GB monsters out of modeling clay and continued working with toy design. He is currently a professional toy sculptor.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Scuba Steve wrote:Funny side note: I looked for Jason Frailey a couple years ago. He made all the GB monsters out of modeling clay and continued working with toy design. He is currently a professional toy sculptor.
WOW those toys looks amazing! :shock:
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Due to busy days with Blade of Agony and also 3 ongoing projects, which I am sure that I'll update on and off, I must unfortunately say that this project is dead.
Who knows, maybe I'll dust this one in 10 years, but I consider this dead for now.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”