[REL/FINAL] GZDoom-GPL 2.4 - now with software renderer

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Nash

Re: GZDoom-GPL (game engine for indies)

Post by Nash »

Alekv wrote:bug here and there.
If a bug happens THERE (GZDoom) then you should report it to the GZDoom bug tracker. I cannot fix bugs because I'm not a programmer. :P
MaxED

Re: GZDoom-GPL (game engine for indies)

Post by MaxED »

Alekv wrote:bug here and there.
Agentbromsnor

Re: GZDoom-GPL (game engine for indies) - ZScript added!

Post by Agentbromsnor »

I would like to mention that my version of GZDoom-GPL (GZDoom GZGPL-1.0-1179-ge3df348) crashes when I try to enable things like bloom and tone-mapping from the options menu. Is anyone else experiencing this? Regular main-line GZDoom doesn't do this and the bloom shows up just fine, so I'm not sure what is missing here.

The error-message reads "Unable to load 'shaders/glsl/exposureextract.fp'".
Agentbromsnor

Post by Agentbromsnor »

Could anyone help me with the issue I described earlier, please?
Nash

Post by Nash »

Works fine here. Try extracting a fresh copy of GZDoom-GPL into a new directory and run stock Doom 2 and see if the error still occurs?
Agentbromsnor

Post by Agentbromsnor »

Just tried it with the latest version that got uploaded. Still got the same error-message.

EDIT: Doom 1 does seem to have no problem with it if I turn bloom on... I wonder why this is?
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

The bloom code doesn't know which iwad you're running. The file it says you are missing is located in the GZDoom.pk3 file - that it cannot find it strongly suggests that you are somehow mixing a new executable with an old .pk3 file.
Agentbromsnor

Post by Agentbromsnor »

dpJudas wrote:The bloom code doesn't know which iwad you're running. The file it says you are missing is located in the GZDoom.pk3 file - that it cannot find it strongly suggests that you are somehow mixing a new executable with an old .pk3 file.
But... How can that be the case when I just downloaded the latest version of GZGPL?

EDIT: Now it doesn't run anymore for some reason... The error message says "Script error, "gzdoom.pk3:compatibility.txt" line 460:
Expected '}', got 'setsectorspecial'.".

I don't know anymore.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Are you sure you're not trying to run the game with your old INIs? Do a completely fresh, isolated install. Be sure absolutely nothing is autoloaded.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Agentbromsnor wrote:EDIT: Now it doesn't run anymore for some reason... The error message says "Script error, "gzdoom.pk3:compatibility.txt" line 460:
Expected '}', got 'setsectorspecial'.".
Now it's the gzdoom.pk3 that is newer than the gzdoom.exe...
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

If in doubt, redownload the latest version and extract it to a new folder with nothing else in it.
Agentbromsnor

Post by Agentbromsnor »

I just tried it with the latest ZScript version of my game and a clean install of GZGPL and it seems to work now with bloom and everything.

I must have overlooked something stupid earlier. Thanks for the helpful replies!
agenten

Post by agenten »

Hi, I noticed a couple things in the license folder.
As penance for my inexperience, please correct me if I'm wrong about any of the following!

The folder contains the original Doom Source License, which forbids commercial use.
This seems to be carried over from ZDoom proper, which uses the DSL instead of the GPL(to cover the original source code, not the entire ZDoom project).Doom was later relicensed under GPLv2.
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licens ... .0.en.html
So the folder should contain that license, and AFAICT, the DSL should be omitted entirely.

There is also an image file, containing a "soft-license" for xBRZ, granted to ZDoom by xBRZ in a forum post or such.
Herein ZDoom mentions its incompat with GPL, and asks xBRZ if they could relicense. xBRZ responds that it grants ZDoom full permission to use it, as long as for noncommercial use.
But of course, xBRZ is GPLv3, and *can* be used commercially, as long as the right license is included.
https://sourceforge.net/directory/os:wi ... nse:gplv3/

I can fix these issues pretty easily in my own build, but hopefully the next update sees a licensing folder that applies specifically to GZGPL only. I really panicked for a sec when I looked at this, until I could guess what the issue was.
Nash

Post by Nash »

agenten wrote:This seems to be carried over from ZDoom proper
Woops, that's an oversight. That file will be gone in the next binary devbuild release.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Alekv wrote: I write a bug here because I can not go to the site:
I really rather not do that in someone else's topic. I will be splitting the posts into this thread: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=54901

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”