The Mansion: Ao Oni

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Yommiao

Re: The Mansion: Ao Oni

Post by Yommiao »

Trooper 077 wrote:
wildweasel wrote:
Yommiao wrote:Believe me, if I wasn't obligated to keep it very consistent with the original formula, I could create something more tense and original.
I have to wonder, why not create something original?

THIS. THIS RIGHT HERE IS MY POINT.
Ugh, please don't jump to conclusions when you have no knowledge about reasons for the backstory of this whatsoever. I'm not an active Doom modder and this project isn't supposed to be big. Of course this would never receive the Cacowards, because it's just a small project that directed to entertain players who are both familiar with Doom and Ao Oni.
Trooper 077

Post by Trooper 077 »

Yommiao wrote: Ugh, please don't jump to conclusions when you have no knowledge about reasons for the backstory of this whatsoever. I'm not an active Doom modder and this project isn't supposed to be big. Of course this would never receive the Cacowards, because it's just a small project that directed to entertain players who are both familiar with Doom and Ao Oni.

Yommiao

Post by Yommiao »

Trooper 077 wrote:
Yommiao wrote: Ugh, please don't jump to conclusions when you have no knowledge about reasons for the backstory of this whatsoever. I'm not an active Doom modder and this project isn't supposed to be big. Of course this would never receive the Cacowards, because it's just a small project that directed to entertain players who are both familiar with Doom and Ao Oni.

I'm sorry, weren't you the one that used caps-lock in order to explain something that could easily be said in a formal and serious manner?

"THIS. THIS RIGHT HERE IS MY POINT."

In fact, posting that message was completely unnecessary and contradicts this immature response claiming that I am hot headed. If I treat you respectfully I expect you to do exactly the same.
Blox

Post by Blox »

Yommiao wrote:All of the negative comments in regards to this mod were all non-constructive and I can say that without any shame whatsoever. I'm very disappointed in the Doom community.
Yommiao wrote:I will not work on any other Doom related projects after this
This community has a tendency to be very blunt, and some things are not worth trying to save. The mod you happened to take over happens to be one of them.
It was shit when you took it up, and then you continued to shape it up while sticking to "the formula" - thus literally polishing a turd while making sure that it stays a turd.
I'm sorry, but this was all a waste of effort.

Fortunately, you can go on and make something that is not a hopeless sinkhole of bad from the very start and actually get to see some positivity.
But if you would prefer to let two days' worth of negativity completely shy you out of using a very capable engine then go ahead.

I'm also fairly certain that it's time to stop posting, KoopaTroopa 077.
Trooper 077

Post by Trooper 077 »

I smell a fire

Honestly I tried to give him the reasons why I think this mod is bad and I got "WELL THE ORIGINAL IS LIKE THAT" and "THATS MY CHOICE TO PUT THAT IN THERE"

The mod is bad, its baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. But having a fit over it getting negative comments and completely ignoring any negative comments given to it does not help his case at all
Last edited by Trooper 077 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yommiao

Post by Yommiao »

Blox wrote:
Yommiao wrote:All of the negative comments in regards to this mod were all non-constructive and I can say that without any shame whatsoever. I'm very disappointed in the Doom community.
Yommiao wrote:I will not work on any other Doom related projects after this
This community has a tendency to be very blunt, and some things are not worth trying to save. The mod you happened to take over happens to be one of them.
It was shit when you took it up, and then you continued to shape it up while sticking to "the formula" - thus literally polishing a turd while making sure that it stays a turd.
I'm sorry, but this was all a waste of effort.

Fortunately, you can go on and make something that is not a hopeless sinkhole of bad from the very start and actually get to see some positivity.
But if you would prefer to let two days' worth of negativity completely shy you out of using a very capable engine then go ahead.

I'm also fairly certain that it's time to stop posting, KoopaTroopa 077.
You're completely accurate on those statements.

Let's just say the fans pressured me to work on it, while I refused to do so. I took this moronic decision when I was 15, and I fully regret commencing a development process on what was literally garbage, as you mentioned. But once you started working on it, there's no going back. Too many people practically begged me to continue working on it.

Gosh, I have a hand full of regrets right now.
Yommiao

Post by Yommiao »

Trooper 077 wrote:I smell a fire
Right, so put an end to that rotten attitude you have against me. If you don't, I will simply neglect your messages.
Blox

Post by Blox »

Just leave it behind, take a nice little break and start making something entirely new or modifying something that already exists.

It's gonna be a-ok.
i promis
Yommiao

Post by Yommiao »

Blox wrote:Just leave it behind, take a nice little break and start making something entirely new or modifying something that already exists.

It's gonna be a-ok.
i promis
Hey, at least my life is far from over. I'm only seventeen years old, I still have a lot of time and many opportunities to create something that's good and original instead.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Even still, you've said your piece, and maybe it's time you left the thread, because continuing to say your piece is only succeeding in angering the OP.
Blox wrote:Just leave it behind, take a nice little break and start making something entirely new or modifying something that already exists.

It's gonna be a-ok.
i promis
Yes. This. Very much this.

All that said, though, don't feel as if you've wasted your time with this mod. Consider it a learning experience; your time spent working with this mod has broadened your skill set and made you more familiar with your tools. Whether or not you want to take advantage of that or not is entirely up to you.
Yommiao

Post by Yommiao »

wildweasel wrote:
Even still, you've said your piece, and maybe it's time you left the thread, because continuing to say your piece is only succeeding in angering the OP.

It's gonna be a-ok.
i promis
Yes. This. Very much this.

All that said, though, don't feel as if you've wasted your time with this mod. Consider it a learning experience; your time spent working with this mod has broadened your skill set and made you more familiar with your tools. Whether or not you want to take advantage of that or not is entirely up to you.
My sincere apologies that I made idiotic attempts in trying to convince everyone this mod is a masterpiece. I undoubtedly learned a lot of game development aspects from this project, but I still look down upon myself because of this foolish choice I made in the past. Imagine if you realized you've been working on what's atrocious from the start. That's a very painful fact to realize, and all this cruelty from certain people doesn't really help either.
Blox

Post by Blox »

The most important thing to do now is to start something that isn't doomed to fail from the start and not let the initial defeat get the better of you. ;)

Little known fact is that I also started out on one of these shitty things, yet look at what the fuck I'm doing now.
Last edited by Blox on Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trooper 077

Post by Trooper 077 »

Why not put your effort into building a new mod? I'm not saying that your efforts are wasted, I complimented your effort with some parts, I just did not like your additions and the mod in general.
Yommiao

Post by Yommiao »

Honestly I tried to give him the reasons why I think this mod is bad and I got "WELL THE ORIGINAL IS LIKE THAT" and "THATS MY CHOICE TO PUT THAT IN THERE"

The mod is bad, its baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. But having a fit over it getting negative comments and completely ignoring any negative comments given to it does not help his case at all
Wow, I didn't do anything wrong, and you're just bashing me for no apparent reason. I respected your opinion about the mod, politely ask you to stop being so vile against me. And you end up victimizing yourself and make me look like the culprit, that's just cruel.

Besides, I hate to bring up completely irrelevant facts, but I don't appreciate being pronounced incorrectly. I'm not a "he".
Yommiao

Post by Yommiao »

Plus, I already elaborated why I made this imbecilic choice. I was younger when the development of this started, and I also wasn't aware of the revolting quality of this mod.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”