Brutal Quake

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
dabidoom

Re: Brutal Quake

Post by dabidoom »

I do not ignore the four previous pages ...
but do not affect the shit talking
I do not understand how people such anger is grabs
when doom is a free edition game
Brutal quake is the union and modification of mods over my own added
and in the final game I mention these authors mods
A greeting
XanderK9
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by XanderK9 »

I having trouble to decipher your post, but I assume you rely on translation for english communication, so I guess that's kinda fine.

However, what do you mean by doom being a free edition game?
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Doom isn't a free game. You can't take stuff from the IWAD, put it in your own mod and claim it as your own.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Good to see that you're not only ignoring everyone. However, not everything here was "shit talking", and some suggestions are very constructive. For example, the exaggerated use of bloom effect in your mod was noted and pointed to you. Sure, you're the author and it's up to you to change it or not, but the way it is now it looks bad, artificial and makes the eyes hurt. Why not tune it down a little? The same with the level design. I know you're in the early stages of development, but is always good to listen to the other people feedback - specially when some of them are veterans in ZDoom modding.
dabidoom

Post by dabidoom »

off course I admit constructive criticism "jd red alert"
OpenGL like all the Mod is under development
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Your translated english is confusing to me, but it sounds like you're saying that you will put credits in the actual mod, and maybe not make the bloom assault my eyeballs.
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

Well, i don't see a point of creating a topic in a modding forum if you don't want criticism on both sides, and you providing no proper answers.

I'm almost sure that if you answered this people soon in the first page about credits there wasn't about 4 pages of anger in your topic and everything should be fine, i dunno if you are using a translator, and that is fine, but still this isn't a reason to you just read and don't give a proper explanation.

I am not on anger with you about you making a Brutal Quake, but too, as many people are complaining, you don't need hide you mod behind a outdated GZDoom hack, and please, take in mind what others are saying about this map you are showing, literally this reminds me of ZDaemon cooperative age when the fun was join a coopbuild server with supergun2 and infinite ammo activated.
ibm5155

Post by ibm5155 »

Well, freedoom IWAD is free, and 90% of the mods are compatible with it, so I don't see a problem on it.

The main points that people just said are

-Bloom doesn't make a mod good, and may make a mod look bad
-Missing credits (I think people don't want something like credits to brutal doom people and id people), or are you going to add it when the final release is done?
"and in the final game I mention these authors mods" ( I think that's what you meant)
-That shotgun, why do I need to alt fire to aim better? and why when you do that you always hit your face with the gun when you shoot? :lol:
-Confusing english text, well, I may do that too sometimes, but do a simple thing, first: write, second: read what you write and try to understand it or try google translator to see if that may sound weird.
On the worst case, use google translator, it's not the best tool, but his english is getting better and better [ it's at ibm's english level :roll: :lol: ]

"Brutal quake is the union and modification of mods over my own added"
hmm
"Brutal Quake is the merge of Brutal Doom mod and Quake mod, and some of my own modifications"?

>I hope the catchup guy will understand this is a friendly text, I tried to sound like it, if I sounded different for you, I'm sorry, bur I tried my best to sounds friendly :-(
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

ibm5155 wrote: >I hope the catchup guy will understand this is a friendly text, I tried to sound like it, if I sounded different for you, I'm sorry, bur I tried my best to sounds friendly :-(
Is this really my legacy on these forums? "The ketchup guy"?
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

I guess I popularized the term, hehe.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Well, he did the gun-to-face iron sights and added the retina-burner bloom effects! :P (right?)

Now, speaking about bloom, i think the problem here is not the effect by itself, but the way it's being used. In Reshade thread there's an example of bloom that looks nice and pleasant to look at. Here, we have an exaggerated amount of bloom that only make things look bad and the eyes of people hurt.
Hellser
Global Moderator

Post by Hellser »

MJ79 wrote:I guess I popularized the term, hehe.
I'll always know wildweasel as well.. Wildweasel or ww. I don't think I can associate people with their avatars (though there are some which urks me, besides the point).

Also yay! Off-topic! Resume topic, pronto!
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

I remember wildweasel as both wildweasel and the toaster.
Hellser
Global Moderator

Post by Hellser »

jdredalert wrote:Now, speaking about bloom, i think the problem here is not the effect by itself, but the way it's being used. In Reshade thread there's an example of bloom that looks nice and pleasant to look at. Here, we have an exaggerated amount of bloom that only make things look bad and the eyes of people hurt.
That's proper bloom there. Delicious looking. Nice and subtle. I wonder how it acts in bright environments.
dabidoom

Post by dabidoom »

Ok Thanks
totally agree

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”