Brutal Quake

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
dabidoom

Re: Brutal Quake

Post by dabidoom »

A brutal example of future levels in Brutal Quake...
I hope you like...Brutal Quake Coming Soon...
Thanks for comment!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCFptvLZsrg

AdmiralAjax

Post by AdmiralAjax »

This is a joke, right? I can't imagine that you actually think this looks good. This all reminds me of those creepypastas about cartoons or games with the 'hyper-realistic' spoopy things.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

AdmiralAjax wrote:This is a joke, right? I can't imagine that you actually think this looks good. This all reminds me of those creepypastas about cartoons or games with the 'hyper-realistic' spoopy things.
Your dissatisfaction is duly noted, but perhaps a bit less contentious in the future, maybe?
dabidoom

Post by dabidoom »

F U C K K K YOU!

(In a move that ought to surprise nobody at all, user was warned for this post. -ww)
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

^ I can't wait for brutal quake: the bird edition
Imp Hunter

Post by Imp Hunter »

I don't think that he can speak english at all (not that my grammar is perfect). So I don't know if the critics will actually be effective. Anyway:
  • The bloom effect. Just remove it entirely or make a way for the player to turn it off. Really, it's kinda annoying as people in this thread already said and it may cause some big framerate drops in old PCs.
  • I don't think that Ironsights are necessary for centralized weapons. It wouldn't even make sense in some weapons.
  • The "grey" rocket launcher looks kinda ugly IMO. But I'm just a sucker for the classic Quake 1 RL.
  • I hope that you'll give some better effects for the lasers. They look kinda out of place in this brutalized version.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

I can see an improvement on this. While there's still a lot of bloom, he's using less of it in this video if compared to the older ones. He's also improving at mapping, creating his own levels instead of just altering the default ones and spamming items all over the place. This is probably his first mod, so let's have patience and try to give him good advice.

Just a little something: try not to curse around here, dabidoom. You see, "fuck you" is not really something that should be said to other users, even if they mistreat you. Weasel is a great moderator, so let him handle those kinds of situations. Is always good to try and avoid fights.
spedos22

Post by spedos22 »

You know, I actually realized something about this mod: It's parodying modern shooters, and it can be easily identified with 2 things: Excessive use of bloom and Ironsights

I literally don't have to say anymore, I think you can see it's like how it is now.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

i'm afraid overuse of bloom and iron sights is not a parody in this case

there are genuinely people who think that makes things 600x genuinely better and this is one of them, especially given his last response. This is a byproduct of the quake fandumb.

finally why the bump
Big C

Post by Big C »

Hang on, where are ironsights in this mod?
Oberron
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Oberron »

The bloom effect is unfitting for gritty and brown games like Quake. Maybe the guy who did this one was just a sick joke. This mod would rather go to Quake instead of Doom, and all I can say: Gugh, the textures look high-res and make my GPU die. Iron sights are NOT COOL. Brutalifying is annoying and teddius. I could hit my face to the window if it doesn't stop..
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Oberron wrote:The bloom effect is unfitting for gritty and brown games like Quake. Maybe the guy who did this one was just a sick joke. This mod would rather go to Quake instead of Doom, and all I can say: Gugh, the textures look high-res and make my GPU die. Iron sights are NOT COOL. Brutalifying is annoying and teddius. I could hit my face to the window if it doesn't stop..
Yeah, i agree with you oberron, brutalizing every game in existence is getting old and sick.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Well, considering dabidoom hasn't even logged into the forums since making this post:
dabidoom wrote:F U C K K K YOU!
I think it's probably safe to assume that this mod is probably not being worked on, and everybody getting upset about it is getting upset over nothing.

I'm closing this thread down, by the way.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”