[REL] Typical Doom Non-NSFW Edition (Re-Released)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Oberron
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [REL] Typical Doom Non-NSFW Edition (Re-Released)

Post by Oberron »

Brutal Quake could have been released for Quake instead of Doom.
Push Start To Rich

Post by Push Start To Rich »

Pretty much the the worst wad I ever played. Extremely cancerous russians memes, DartPower's voice acting, boring gameplay. Also, the wad was my idea. It was supposed to be a parody of mediocre doom wads, such shame it turned out to be so bad.

Fun fact: DartPower admitted to have schizophrenia (gets extremely frustrated over stuff if he doesn't take pills), is 20 and goes to special school. So please be nice to him.
BFG

Post by BFG »

That's the problem with how easy and user friendly modding for Doom is, it's times like this that i'm proud that Blood's source code is lost and people can't turn that game into a mockery.. I really wish the mod author put their talent and/or effort into making something more serious with Doom, they have shown they can map and do scripts, so it just seems like a waste.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Friendly reminder that Blood has a decent chunk of user created content, but so far I haven't found anything memey.

Anyways, this looks a bit like that one other recent mod that looks like insanity tenfold...can't remember the name of it, though
Kizoky
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kizoky »

BFG wrote:That's the problem with how easy and user friendly modding for Doom is, it's times like this that i'm proud that Blood's source code is lost and people can't turn that game into a mockery.. I really wish the mod author put their talent and/or effort into making something more serious with Doom, they have shown they can map and do scripts, so it just seems like a waste.
Actually, Blood's source code is not lost, but the company that owns it does not want to release it to the public
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

BFG wrote:That's the problem with how easy and user friendly modding for Doom is, it's times like this that i'm proud that Blood's source code is lost and people can't turn that game into a mockery.. I really wish the mod author put their talent and/or effort into making something more serious with Doom, they have shown they can map and do scripts, so it just seems like a waste.
I too am glad that a lack of any user-friendly tools whatsoever has reduced the community of my favourite game to two and a half Germans trading typo-ridden fanfic.

(also you don't need source code to replace all the sound effects with fart noises)
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

Kinsie wrote:I too am glad that a lack of any user-friendly tools whatsoever has reduced the community of my favourite game to two and a half Germans trading typo-ridden fanfic.
I wonder who those could be.
Push Start To Rich wrote: Fun fact: DartPower admitted to have schizophrenia (gets extremely frustrated over stuff if he doesn't take pills), is 20 and goes to special school. So please be nice to him.
I'm not exactly sure why it was necessary to post this.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

TheBadHustlex wrote:
Push Start To Rich wrote: Fun fact: DartPower admitted to have schizophrenia (gets extremely frustrated over stuff if he doesn't take pills), is 20 and goes to special school. So please be nice to him.
I'm not exactly sure why it was necessary to post this.
Let alone bump the thread about it...
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Maybe shift this bump to the useless bumps thread and let this topic be or something.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

I wonder if I could get Aquarius to review this one....
TheDoomGuy

Post by TheDoomGuy »

well meme'd XD

But seriously... nyancat? Justin Bieber? Trollface? What is this, 2009? Even Hot Topic and old people are ahead of the curve on you with this one. Oh my, how embarrassing...
TheAdmantArchvile

Post by TheAdmantArchvile »

Push Start To Rich wrote:Fun fact: DartPower admitted to have schizophrenia (gets extremely frustrated over stuff if he doesn't take pills), is 20 and goes to special school. So please be nice to him.
Remember the last time this kind of thing happened?
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

Holy shit I remember that, I may not have been a user at the time the thread you mentioned in the link had started but that shit is very scary indeed. and by actually playing that mod mentioned in that link ( because my friend bet me $50 to play the mod start to finish *so much torture but at least i got $50*) I Really hope this thread will never get to that point. Mind you I think WildWeasel or any other moderator would lock the thread before it even reaches SGT mark 4 or Sodaholic (using these guys as prime examples) level of forum drama let alone another Nazi Auferstehung.

(But in all seriousness though there will never be another thread that will ever be as fucked up and dramatic as the nazi auferstehung thread at doomworld)
DartPower

Post by DartPower »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:I wonder if I could get Aquarius to review this one....
He don't want :(
Hellser
Global Moderator
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

DartPower wrote: He don't want :(
Oh, please let this thread die a horrible, peaceful death already. You made a terrywad. People got upset. End of story. :roll:

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”