Artists/Mappers needed

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Graviton

Artists/Mappers needed

Post by Graviton »

I am planning an epic project and was wondering if there might be anyone who could help me out. I wish I had more to show you than just ideas, but here I go.

Requirements:
Maps: should be as modern as possible, but with classic design
Sprites: You can try drawing or modeling and whichever fits more will be used. Modern models in classic style are necessary. There are no limits on quality. In fact, I want everything to be as hires as possible. There will be also be a section with concept art in the menu (because its cool)
Sounds: I might make new sounds or I might just use the originals
Music: Lots and lots of metal
Time limit: Based on what I want this project to be, it would be crazy to have one
Engine: Gzdoom Builder of course
Config: GZDoom: Doom 2 (Hexen format)

This is not a remake of doom. It occurs after the events of the first 2 games. Doomguy starts the game in a mental institution. This will use a modified version of brutal doom. If you want any more details, email me.
Attachments
Lost Soul Concept(I'm not the best artist)
Lost Soul Concept(I'm not the best artist)
Last edited by Graviton on Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Artists/Mappers needed

Post by Ozymandias81 »

I think you wrong'd the place. Requests goes to requests, I think'd. BTW I've got a title for your mod: Sanitarioom. :-)
Graviton

Post by Graviton »

Thanks, but I already have a name. It's going to be called Epic DOOM, unless that name is already taken. I have seen your work though, and would really like your help unless you've got other stuff you're working on.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

Years!? I don't think anybody is willing to do you work for you, but definitely not for years.
Graviton

Post by Graviton »

That just means you can work on it whenever. This is basically going to be a tc with everything hires.
Last edited by Graviton on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

I mean you can't just ask out of nowhere for people to help you with a project, especially if you have nothing to show. Which is also against the forum rules.
Graviton

Post by Graviton »

Well I wish I had more to show, but most of what I'm looking for I can't find. I mean I could delete this, which I don't know how to do and wait several weeks or a year later, but I just don't have the time. I will probably post some concept art in a few days. Mapwise, I kind of suck and the one map I was working on that did come out right messed up and I had to delete the file.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Try to PM/ask to moderators to move your thread to a proper one or just to point to this thread.
Sorry Graviton, I'm not of use now, I'm involved in 3 projects and my brain is starting to flush rapidly inside a WC. :lol:
raymoohawk

Post by raymoohawk »

sanitarioom sounds better than epic doom
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

What about something like Doomed Destiny? Or D.O.O.M: Daemons Overwhelming Olympus Mons? :cool:
raymoohawk

Post by raymoohawk »

if you going to include doom monsters and want them to use higher res, using the doom 64 sprites might save you a lot of time
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Sorry, Graviton, but since you don't seem to actually have a project here to show off, I'm going to close this down. The key to getting people to join you is to prove that you're already a capable designer on your own, in whatever discipline you've chosen to learn. Since - forgive me for being blunt - I don't really see much of note here, I just don't think you're quite ready to be heading a project.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”