Re-Exhumed [Public Test 1.2]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Sgt. Pepperoni

Re: Re-Exhumed [Public Test 1.2]

Post by Sgt. Pepperoni »

Hello,
He said it himself in his blog's comments section :)

https://powerslaveex.wordpress.com/2015 ... omment-310
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Sgt. Pepperoni wrote:Hello,
He said it himself in his blog's comments section :)

https://powerslaveex.wordpress.com/2015 ... omment-310
That's still a pretty vague response. I'm not expecting anything at the moment.
montycoral

Post by montycoral »

hey...

no news?

this project will continue?

i wish yes ...

since that the kaiser's project seems to be dead ...

(seems)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

regardless it's dead or not, let us wait til something update or bug report happens. and you know, it happened pretty often.
nicolascy

Post by nicolascy »

The legal bulshit with Kaiser release of the ps/saturn version was horrible.If it was not for him nobody would have remembered or played again exhumed...In any case i sincerely hope he finds the energy and calmness to release the mod as a partial installer that needs the original cd to install the used game data/sounds etc...

I hope that the pc version is still a possibility and and improved version is worked on.
Big C

Post by Big C »

nicolascy wrote:The legal bulshit with Kaiser release of the ps/saturn version was horrible.If it was not for him nobody would have remembered or played again exhumed...In any case i sincerely hope he finds the energy and calmness to release the mod as a partial installer that needs the original cd to install the used game data/sounds etc...

I hope that the pc version is still a possibility and and improved version is worked on.
Legal bullshit? Do you have proof that a cease-and-desist was the cause of Kaiser taking down the mod?
nicolascy

Post by nicolascy »

No i have not and i hope it did not have anything to do with it.I just assumed from what other users were speaking and from what kaiser responded in another users question if he is going to release the version in the future without the game files.So i connected the dots and probably something like this happened.I had not checked for a while on his page and when i saw he had finished a version you can imagine my dissapointment when i could not download anything. I only wish there is a workaround of this (by making a installer) and that max does not loose interest on his project because of this.
montycoral

Post by montycoral »

hey...

no news?

no new levels added?

i'm waiting... :P
Gez

Post by Gez »

It seems MaxED has been busy with Torm's Wolfenstein mod so that might be why there's not much progress on RE right now.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Gez knows everything :)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I swear to the aztec zombies, NO MORE UNNECESSARY BUMPS but waiting!

EDIT:
taufan99 wrote:Some people just don't know better. :roll:
least i got some patience, and i wish they were not hasty yet curious enough to bump the thread especially oldest threads, otherwise they are still not helping or try to resurrect it with accurate chance.
Last edited by Captain J on Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
taufan99

Post by taufan99 »

Captain J wrote:I swear to the aztec zombies, NO MORE UNNECESSARY BUMPS but waiting!
Some people just don't know better. :roll:
edgymemester

Post by edgymemester »

Amazing work, this is much better than the actual DOS version of Powerslave. Powerslave EX got me back into Powerslave recently, and upon trying Powerslave on Dosbox after beating EX, I was repulsed by the bad controls and the choppiness of gameplay, making the whole thing seem lazily done as a whole.

This version is smooth, fluent, detailed and challenging in a good way, I really like it. I enjoy the way your version supplements the improved controls and readily available save states by making the enemies more difficult (since in the actual DOS version you can only use checkpoints to save), now that's the right way to make something challenging in a fun way.

I hope this project isn't abandoned, it's got a lot of potential and I think it could usher a revival of the PC version of Powerslave the way Powerslave EX brought new attention to the PSX version.

Good luck with this.
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

I thought It could be maybe too much like the doom engine, but the gameplay is really awesome with this version, impressive how the team made stuff for it !

Is it still in the work ?
It seems, it will be a lot of work, seeing how the PC version have a huge level design and relief, it could be awesome, even if you add some things like 3 fireballs from the Anubis Soldier, to balance the difficulty because we can strafe better than the PC version!
It's a bit hard, what about if the ammo items give more ammo' ? For the first map (i have not finished), i needed to rush often....

Really well made anyway, gzdoom is awesome for this kind of stuff! Need more love for Exhumed PC and PS1/Saturn ! :D
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

MaxED seems to be very busy with GZDB lately, but I hope as well that this project gets some more attention in the future, it's already awesome stuff in there

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”