[Abandoned] Brutal DooM V19 - ADHD Edition V2

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
loismustdie555

Re: [WIP] Brutal DooM V19 - ADHD Edition

Post by loismustdie555 »

mumblemumble wrote:The vertical spread was shown in the december 10th release of test version brutal doom, but I think it only works in gzdoom, not zandronum, which might be your issue. I suspect thats where you got the duel plasma rifle files from? Try running the test version as is, and watch zombie men / sergents, you will notice the bullets spread vertically as well. I thought it was cool, and actually suggested this to him originally (and thankfully he added it =D)

Duel SSGS while cool, well...I imagine the reload would be painfully slow if it were to have even a slight connection to reality.
My mod doesn't work in Zandronum.

And I'll have to take a look, but i don't know where the functions would be. ;-;
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

It's likely because Zandronum still is what, 50+ revisions behind ZDoom and GZDoom?
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Damn so its not that. Not sure where the file is, or how it works but its in the bdv20 test from december 10th. It effects chaingunners, zombiemen, sergents but NOT the cyberdemon or spidermastermind (both those still have their spreads purely horizontal whilezombies spread up and down.... Which can honestly lead to more infighting)

assuming you have the dec10th file you might be able to figure out what it is... Wish I could help more but I know nothing of coding. Want to learn when I get a computer though
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

mumblemumble wrote:The revolver, while nice, would be better if the frames could be reversed for right hand.... I know some people ARE left handed, but most arent, and this just seems odd when all other guns are right handed.

I really think the reload time for 2 rifles in SEPERATE hands should be longer, like around 50% more. after all
I got the revolver right handed. Was wasy as pie.

And how's this for reload speed? Plus I'm showing my dual wield Gatling Shotguns. Which need a new sound btw, so anyone who can provide a good one can have creds. :)

And yes, I know the Gatling Shotguns hands are derpy, I'm gonna change them, but the sprites I'm using are only temp. So don't worry.

Phantom Allies

Post by Phantom Allies »

Dual wielding Gatling Shotguns. Because a Single AA-12 wasn't deadly enough.

I'm very sure people catching on to the "ADHD" aspect of it.

Now then, perhaps you could look into a powerup that allows for you have an increased reload speed

- Another one that Increases Running Speed
- A powerup that allows for an increase in Damage
- Powerup that allows for explosive bullets to be possible, more explosions from a Explosive weapon (Like an MIRV-Type projectile, althought this one may need more explanation as to how this would work).
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

Phantom Allies wrote:Dual wielding Gatling Shotguns. Because a Single AA-12 wasn't deadly enough.

I'm very sure people catching on to the "ADHD" aspect of it.

Now then, perhaps you could look into a powerup that allows for you have an increased reload speed

- Another one that Increases Running Speed
- A powerup that allows for an increase in Damage
- Powerup that allows for explosive bullets to be possible, more explosions from a Explosive weapon (Like an MIRV-Type projectile, althought this one may need more explanation as to how this would work).
Lol, true.

I hope so. :P

And I'll look into adding the powerups,
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

I am FINISHED!!!

I'm uploading now, and will update the OP when done.

THINGS TO NOTE!

Doom Nukem did not give permissions for his sprites. So I changed them to others.

Lots of new sounds.

I removed the Dual Chain Shotguns until I can perfect them, I will work more on them later but I need angled gatling gun sprites.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Dual chain shotguns? They looked like they didn't even use tracers, so monsters don't have time to walk/dodge them. Too OP for my taste. The slower reloads look too slow. You should make smoother frames if you're looking for slower reloads.

I like the dual wielding rifles and plasma rifles, but I never really liked that particular ADS sprite for the rifle. I always stuck with Quaker 540's ADS sprites.

I don't think that the ATM shotgun fits Brutal Doom anyway. I also never liked the centered version of Doom Nukem's revolver. It looked too rough compared to the angled reload frames.

There's some spots that look amusing, but also some spots that look just awful, probably more awful than amusing though. But I am sure it will get better, considering you are not done with it yet.
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:Dual chain shotguns? They looked like they didn't even use tracers, so monsters don't have time to walk/dodge them. Too OP for my taste. The slower reloads look too slow. You should make smoother frames if you're looking for slower reloads.

I like the dual wielding rifles and plasma rifles, but I never really liked that particular ADS sprite for the rifle. I always stuck with Quaker 540's ADS sprites.

I don't think that the ATM shotgun fits Brutal Doom anyway. I also never liked the centered version of Doom Nukem's revolver. It looked too rough compared to the angled reload frames.

There's some spots that look amusing, but also some spots that look just awful, probably more awful than amusing though. But I am sure it will get better, considering you are not done with it yet.
I'm not 100% done, and I will take requests, I will upload addons, quick and easy to use, just load after the main file.

Make a list of things easy to code (Like faster reloads, or replacing sprites. Which I will do very shortly) and anyone else just make similar requests and I'll do what I can.
Unholypimpin

Re: [Released] Brutal DooM V19 - ADHD Edition

Post by Unholypimpin »

Will this give us ADHD if we play it because if it does then there will be a lot of angry moms that will want to destroy you for messing up their little darlings.

Also what is the point of this mod?, because I'm just not seeing it.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

Why is it almost half a gigabyte?!
XanderK9
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by XanderK9 »

There's about 136 music files, which is 366 MB in total (mostly Ogg files with a few MP3 files and a bloody 46 MB Wav file).
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

So I was PMing Quaker540 on ModDB, and when he saw this, he got really pissed. Oh god...

It doesn't seem right to mash a bunch of stuff that others did, and call that your own thing. Especially with the music in there, which is from the soundtrack. Some of us don't want that music.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

XanderK9 wrote:There's about 136 music files, which is 366 MB in total (mostly Ogg files with a few MP3 files and a bloody 46 MB Wav file).
Here's the problem with this: there seem to be three different sets of music in the same PK3 file, each set is different, and each uses the same exact lump names. There is a set for Ultimate Doom (understandable), Doom 2 (yeah, alright), but then TNT and Plutonia which reuse Doom 2's lump names. Given that the Plutonia set is last in the file, that's the set that winds up being used, and it overrides the other sets completely.

My advice is to split them out into separate downloads per game, instead. Or, better yet, point players to where they can download the original sets, since they're clearly not your own work.
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

I got perms to use the audio files from Jet Black Angst. I will remove them and link to them since so many people seem to dislike it.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”