[Abandoned] Brutal DooM V19 - ADHD Edition V2

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
loismustdie555

[Abandoned] Brutal DooM V19 - ADHD Edition V2

Post by loismustdie555 »

V3 Coming Soon!
New Chiptune Soundtrack by J. Arthur Keenes Band!

Beta 3 Gameplay.

V2 Gameplay.

Spoiler:

There ARE PROBABLY bugs. I need people to test and tell me what they find, and I need spriters for a few small things!!! PM me if you are willing to help or contribute in any way to the mod.

First I'd like to apologize for the horrid formatting. I've not made many releases (of anything, anywhere) deserving of it's own thread. And I've got no idea how to format.

Brutal Doom - ADHD Edition uses the following things for resources, and all credits for them go to their respective owners/creators.
  • New! J. Arthur Keenes Band - The custom (And optional) chiptune soundtrack.
    Brutal DooM V19 - (obviously)
    Brutal DooM V20 - (The dual wielding script base)
    Brutal DooM V19 - Sperglord Edition (The main base for the mod)
    Brutal DooM V19 - Quaker 540 Edition V18 Beta (Various scripting ideas and internal BDQ540 exclusive things)
    Saegiru Ultimate DoomVisor HUD (The HUD, obviously)
    Jet Black Angst - The Soundtrack removed due to general dislike and linked at bottom of post
    Me (loismustdie555) (scripting, mostly grenade tossing, into each weapon, editing the HUD to display my custom/edited weapons, a bit of sprite editing to get a good equip animation on the dual wield Plasma Rifles, and a few slightly edited brain chunk sprites)
    And I don't think I'm using anyone elses resources. (If I am, please tell me and I will update the credits)
Bugs

Nothing I can find! Test and tell me what you find!

Things to note
  • This will NOT work in SkullTag/Zandronum!
    The SkullTag/Zandronum weapons are NOT working. I disabled them as the mod will not work with SkullTag/Zandronum and they aren't pickups in Doom, Doom 2, or either of the Final Doom's
    This is my first mod for DooM besides the standard tutorial style Uber Shotgun stuff. I did this in 8 to 10 hours a day in just about a week, So go easy on me please.
    Throwing grenades does NOT work with dual wielding, because of issues if they are scripted in. (The grenade arm is overlaid underneath the right gun, I think I know how to fix this. Give me a few days.)
Features
  • New! J. Arthur Keenes Band Chiptune Soundtrack (May not be for everyone, and I need help choosing what tracks go for which level, PM me or post with ideas)
    New in upcoming V3! Dual Gatling-Shotguns (hopefully)
    All standard Brutal Doom features
    Grenade tossing from Quaker540's BD Sub Mod
    Voxels from Quaker540's BD Sub Mod
    Weapons and some sounds from wildweasel's Accesories to Murder
    HUD from saegiru's Ultimate DoomVisor HUD
    Shootable bodies
    Dual wield Assault Rifles
    Dual wield Plasma Rifles
    Jet Black Angst's Jet Black Angst Metal Soundtrack. removed and linked at bottom of post due to general dislike.
    Shit (gore) flies EVERYWHERE! Mainly, you've got excessively large brain matter, but a few other bits are a bit larger and a little bit more obnoxious. Plus something noted below. ;)
    Renamed difficulties:
    • "Can I Play Daddy?"
      "Hey, not too rough"
      "Hurt me regular"
      "Brutal"
      "Man and a half"
      "Really Fucking Hard"
      "Bury Me In 3 Seperate Graves",
      And, my personal favorite!!! "Explosive ADHD Overload": Which includes the following:
      Nightmare difficulty (for more monsters)
      Almost every bullet impact will explode upon impact with just about anything, including enemy bullets. (because, explosions)
      Plasma Rifle projectiles replaced with the mini BFG alt fire blast from Quaker540's Brutal Doom. (because, overpowered = fun at times)
      BFG fires a barrage of pretty much anything you can think of. (Infinite ammo required to use this, it eats full backpack ammo in half a second)
    Planned features for the near future
    • Pistol
      Others but I forget (my memory sucks)
    Planned features I need help with
    • Smoother sprites for reloading the dual wielding rifles and plasma rifles

Screenshots and gameplay!!

Beta 1 Gameplay.

Beta 2 Gameplay.

Screenshots!!
Spoiler:
New! J. Arthur Keenes Band Chiptune Soundtrack
Brutal Doom - Jet Black Angst (Metal) OST Vol. 1
Brutal Doom - Jet Black Angst (Metal) OST Vol. 2
Final Doom - Jet Black Angst (Metal) OST Vol. 1
Final Doom - Jet Black Angst (Metal) OST Vol. 2
Brutalized Doom and Doom 2 Maps used in my videos available here.

Download V2 Here.

// If you want to use anything from this mod, ask me AND the original creators of the content (if it's not my content)!! I got permission from some only as Christmas Season gifts!
Last edited by loismustdie555 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:13 pm, edited 17 times in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [WIP] Brutal DooM V19 - ADHD Edition

Post by wildweasel »

Um, NO. I told you that you could NOT release this if Accessories to Murder was used as a base. Were my private messages not clear?
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

I did not use it as a base weasel
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

I used Sperglord as a base.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

So why is Accessories to Murder in the credits? I'm okay with you using stuff from it if you're not planning to release it but please don't release this if there's stuff in there that was made specifically for it.
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

wildweasel wrote:So why is Accessories to Murder in the credits? I'm okay with you using stuff from it if you're not planning to release it but please don't release this if there's stuff in there that was made specifically for it.
If I remove the sprites from your mod, would you have any issues with me releasing it?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

The sprites can be considered okay if you have got Doom Nukem's permission for them. (ALL of them.) But if any of the sounds or code is present, I would like to request that you remove those and find something else to replace them.
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

Understood. I will remove the sounds, and I am currently waiting for a reply from Doom Nukem. Hence another reason I haven't released it yet. And, if someone were to offer help. They would only be getting the scripts/.txt files. Not the entire mod. To ensure no leaks or other issues.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Usually I like submods and these compilations, but to be honest it doesn't feel like this one does anything that hasn't already been done before. A lot of the BD mods have so much overlap now that there's not a big difference between them anymore.
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

-Ghost- wrote:Usually I like submods and these compilations, but to be honest it doesn't feel like this one does anything that hasn't already been done before. A lot of the BD mods have so much overlap now that there's not a big difference between them anymore.
I plan further stuff other than what's listed. But I've got family tradition crap to do soon and I can't keep coding much longer until after it's done.
But I'm doing as much as I can before the crap starts.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

So it's a ginormous hackjob.
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

Slax wrote:So it's a ginormous hackjob.
Somewhat, I won't deny I borrowed a lot of code and a lot of resources.

What you see in that video = roughly 6 days of about 8 to 10 hours a day of work.
Before those 6 days, I literally couldn't do anything as far as modding doom.
I learned quickly and I learned a lot, and I still have stuff to learn. But at least I'm making an effort.

I'm still working on this every second I get as well. Trying to get it just perfect.
And even then it's still got a couple small issues.
Mainly the Plasma Rifle doesn't work. All the code is in there, it's listed in the KEYCONF file, the code is set to "ACTOR Plasma_Gun : Weapon Replaces PlasmaRifle" and it just refuses to equip or even get into the player's inventory.

Help on that bit would be MASSIVELY appreciated.
Dan50

Post by Dan50 »

LOVE the grenades!
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

Dan50 wrote:LOVE the grenades!
Thanks. They're like my favorite feature. :D
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

loismustdie555 wrote:
Slax wrote:So it's a ginormous hackjob.
Somewhat, I won't deny I borrowed a lot of code and a lot of resources.

What you see in that video = roughly 6 days of about 8 to 10 hours a day of work.
Before those 6 days, I literally couldn't do anything as far as modding doom.
I learned quickly and I learned a lot, and I still have stuff to learn. But at least I'm making an effort.

I'm still working on this every second I get as well. Trying to get it just perfect.
And even then it's still got a couple small issues.
Mainly the Plasma Rifle doesn't work. All the code is in there, it's listed in the KEYCONF file, the code is set to "ACTOR Plasma_Gun : Weapon Replaces PlasmaRifle" and it just refuses to equip or even get into the player's inventory.

Help on that bit would be MASSIVELY appreciated.
Good for you, keep at it. I think that's the most under-appreciated thing about BD, it brought a lot of new modders in, even if their first stuff is just really basic mixes of pre-existing content. The more modders, the better; then we can move away from the same 4-5 people making pretty much everything, good that that stuff might be.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”