Hideous Destructor Insurgency Sound Pack

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Hoodlook

Hideous Destructor Insurgency Sound Pack

Post by Hoodlook »

Unlike my previous sounds pack(very inconsistent and just ripped from youtube videos), this sound pack is genuinely amazing. Ripped from Insurgency:Modern Infrantry Combat(an awesome realistic mod for Half-Life 2), it gives HD very real and life-like explosions as well as sound replacements for pistol&smg, all shotguns, all rifles&vulcanette amd thunderbuster. This can actually be played clientside without any desync on multiplayer(this is different than my other shitty "real gun sounds for hideous destructor" thread on the forums). Simply load LAST(or at least after hd.pk7) in a batch file or in a launcher. Also, if it bugs you that it's not in .pk3 format(it's a .zip) you can change it to .pk3 and it will work the same.

I posted this on the Hideous Destructor steam group and people said they loved it, so I can tell you it's really good.

This may become a submod and have further realism by changing the ironsights to make it look like when you are stopped and aiming, the crosshair is instead an iron-sights view of the gun, but as of now, just sounds.

-DL
Enjoy.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”