SCP - Doom Experiment v0.6-pre2 (WIP)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
agaures

Re: SCP - Doom Experiment v0.6-pre2 (WIP)

Post by agaures »

Checked. It does work with Door Raise in UDMF. Besides, wouldn't we be using polyobjects as doors for this?
Feguelion

Post by Feguelion »

Could you tell me how did you manage to make it work? As for polyobjects, I will be looking at them, I have never used them before. Also, if you want to map for the mod, let me know but we currently don't have specific guidelines because I have to discuss with kevansevans on what we plan doing for the maps.
agaures

Post by agaures »

So far i just have this little test map which has some basic textures and a working polyobject door with the bump switches. Meant to be played in GZDoom.
Feguelion

Post by Feguelion »

This is awesome, thanks for sharing!

EDIT: If you want to make containment chambers for the SCPs, remember to read their Special Containment Procdures first, as they generally have informations about the room they are contained in.
Feguelion

Post by Feguelion »

Here are some news on the project.
As kevansevans joined it, all of the SCPs from his original pk3 are getting implemented into Doom Experiment.
There are other SCPs that I found and they will be put in at least v0.7 instead to avoid putting too much new features in one version.

I'm going to start making new rooms including containment chambers. We also need new sprites, so let us know if you want to help with these.
Needed sprites include new ones SCP-019-2 instances, SCP-096 and the MTFs (maybe also SCP-372). There are also a bit more sprites needed, but let me know and I will send you a PM to avoid spoiling as they are related to the upcoming SCPs.

There won't be any prereleases anymore, so please be patient for v0.6 :P
Feguelion

Post by Feguelion »

Finally, more news! (I'm sorry for the long period of inactivity, but I got sick and was very busy with school and other things)

The mapping is going well, and the new UDMF map is already way different from the old one, having more the feel of a research facility, it also has decorations. It is using the hallway and SCP-173's containment chamber made by agaures, which are directly based on SCP-CB. It also includes his buttons, and also a new way to handle doors thanks to kevansevans (the polyobjects are not being used however, at least for now). As suggested, it is now possible to operate doors from behind.
All SCPs from kevansevans' pk3 that were not already in Doom Experiment were successfuly implemented (including SCP-1██, which was modified to now take you into its pocket [DATA EXPUNGED]). kevansevans have also improved SCP-4██. Other improvements were also made, and also bugfixes related to SCP-096.

You can keep coming back to this post as I will further edit it to include preview screenshots of the new map, I may also reveal the changelog when near the release. :P

EDIT 1: I've been tweaking more stuff and fixing more bugs. Also SCP-173 now spawns at given spots. I will work a bit more on the map before posting screenshots.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”