Page 1 of 3

BTSX HUD v2.x for Brutal Doom (ABANDONED FOR NOW)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:38 am
by Hexereticdoom
ANNOUNCEMENT: After deep-thinking about it these days, I have finally decided not to continue updating this HUD project. Sorry for those people who were waiting a Vanilla & Smooth Doom compatible version. Instead, I'm centering my attention and efforts on my coming-soon HXRTC HUD release. This one will susbstitute from now the BTSX HUD 2.x project, but don't worry, I promise to make in a near future some compatible versions of HXRTC HUD with Vanilla Doom & Smooth Doom, among with standard Brutal Doom and Weapons Of Saturn mod. I'll keep you informed, expect some fresh news soon!

This is an updated version I have made recently of the BTSX-Style Fullscreen HUD, focused mainly on use with Brutal Doom, BD Enhanced Edition and BD Sperglord Edition. It works with the most recent versions of GZDoom, ZDoom and Zandronum.

VERY IMPORTANT! For showing correctly the HUD, you MUST set in Display Options a screensize of 11 and turning OFF the alternative HUD.

The main changes in this BTSX HUD version are the following:

- Retouched and updated the Weapons graphic right panel for showing directly the remaining/total ammo of Hell Missile Launcher and Flame Cannon. Now you don't need to switch to these weapons to verify their remaining ammo!
- Updated Arms bar for showing the 9th weapon slot. (Previously it was only ranged from 0 to 8).
- Edited graphic HUD panels and added approximately a 15% of transparency. Now you will see it's even cooler than before! ;)
- Added new Mugshot panel! You can see now Doomguy's face like in other well-known HUDs.
- Now the HUD has a default scaled resolution of 512 x 320 px, optimized mainly for medium-size PC monitors. Use in console the HUD_SCALE 1 parameter if the HUD is too small. (However, if you are not comfortable with actual size, you can tweak it increasing/decreasing the resolution editing 4th line of SBARINFO.TXT in the PK3 file).


* Changelog for v2.1: Added a new Kills/Items/Secrets counter panel on top left, plus an Armor Type screen display on top right, that allows you to see the armor class you have picked up. (If the player has no armor, the display shows a fixed '---' text instead).
- New Golden Skin available!!! Try it out with your favorite Doom WADs!

* Changelog for v2.1a: Due to several changes and fixes, now there are three separated versions of the HUD, each one for Brutal Doom original, BD Enhanced Edition and BD Sperglord Edition (NEW!). Please make sure you choose the right one!! ;)

* Changelog for v2.2: Some new improvements, plus some new skins available: red Blood and green Slime!
- For BDEE only: included an ammo counter for new BD Pistol and updated nazi's MP40 ammo counter for displaying the 32 shots per clip.
- Redecorated a bit the Key panels aspect, now they show in detail the card keys or skull keys that you pick up. Also, the status light bulbs have been removed (I don't consider them necessary anymore, 'cause the new Doomguy's mugshot does the same function).
- Added a special panel with a white/black Stimpack that shows if you have normal or big strenght (it changes state when you pick up a Berserk pack or a Demonic Rune).

*** NEW IN V2.3: Now included a new Powerbar Indicator that will show you the duration/remaining time for some special pickup-powers, like Invulnerability, Light Visor or Radiation Suit. Also there are new FOUR cool and exclusive skins to choose from: Blue Plasma, Orange Flame, White Skull and Black Death! :D


SCREENSHOT SAMPLES:

Image

(WARNING: this HUD will only work correctly with recent versions of GZDoom, ZDoom or Zandronum 2.0 alpha. Zandronum 1.x support is dropped from BTSX HUD 2.2, sorry for the inconvenience.)

GO TO BTSX HUD V2.3 DOWNLOAD PAGE


Credits to Blackfish and the original creators of this HUD, Ptoing and Essel.

Hope you enjoy it. I wish all of you a nice doom-killing! 8-)

Re: BTSX HUD for Brutal Doom v2.0

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:55 am
by mamaluigisbagel
Okay, I have to ask a few things, as long as you're okay with it.

*The topic says "For Brutal Doom v2.0" does this mean its for Brutal Doom v2.0 or the hud is v2.0? Because last I checked, BD was v19

*HOWEVER your screenshot shows a different rocket launcher sprite than v19. This either means this version IS out and I'm just unaware, or you're using an add-on (most add-ons I've seen use that sprite)

Can you clear this up? I'm using the HUD and it works fine with regular BD v19, but I'm just a bit confused :P

Re: BTSX HUD for Brutal Doom v2.0

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:59 am
by HavoX
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it should say "BTSX HUD v2.0 for Brutal Doom" just to clear up the confusion.

Not sure though. :P

Re: BTSX HUD v2.0 for Brutal Doom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:27 am
by Hexereticdoom
mamaluigisbagel wrote:Okay, I have to ask a few things, as long as you're okay with it.

*The topic says "For Brutal Doom v2.0" does this mean its for Brutal Doom v2.0 or the hud is v2.0? Because last I checked, BD was v19

*HOWEVER your screenshot shows a different rocket launcher sprite than v19. This either means this version IS out and I'm just unaware, or you're using an add-on (most add-ons I've seen use that sprite)

Can you clear this up? I'm using the HUD and it works fine with regular BD v19, but I'm just a bit confused :P


Hi, thanks for your interest! Now I'll answer you...

The 2.0 refers to the HUD's version, not Brutal Doom, because obviously Sgt. Mark IV hasn't released yet the v20... However, I suppose that if the BD creator doesn't change heavily the mod code in v20, this HUD should work with the future release without problems...

The screenshot is an in-game capture of Brutal Doom Enhanced Edition, created by me some time ago, where you can find new weapons sprites, apart from some other several changes... :wink:

Anyway, and for avoiding confusion, I'll change the post title inserting before the v2.0 before 'for Brutal Doom' words. (EDIT: Done!)

Cheerio! 8-)

Re: BTSX HUD v2.0 for Brutal Doom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:41 am
by mamaluigisbagel
ok, just wanted to make sure because I thought the original post said it only supported default Brutal Doom. I'm guessing it may support other add-ons (Sperglord's and such?) but I'm guessing something that alters the arsenal further wouldn't work? (PA1NK1LL3R add-on as an example)

Thanks for the reply btw :)

Re: BTSX HUD v2.1 for Brutal Doom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:23 pm
by Hexereticdoom
mamaluigisbagel wrote:ok, just wanted to make sure because I thought the original post said it only supported default Brutal Doom. I'm guessing it may support other add-ons (Sperglord's and such?) but I'm guessing something that alters the arsenal further wouldn't work? (PA1NK1LL3R add-on as an example)

Thanks for the reply btw :)


Well, actually the HUD supports default Brutal Doom and BDEE. These days I'm working on a compatible version with Brutal Doom Sperglord Edition, because the ammo counters don't work correctly with this HUD version.

As you say, normally external weapon addons may break the HUD, and in most cases an appropiate patch should be created for each one...

You're welcome! :wink:

P.S: A new version is available, check the first post! B-)

Re: BTSX HUD v2.1 for Brutal Doom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:25 pm
by mamaluigisbagel
Yeah, I've been having issues with many HUD mods that they don't support my favorite mods and I lack the skill to make patches :P But I'm not going to push you into making one (besides, the add-on I use got removed)

I already downloaded and will try it out! Like the new add-ons! :)

Re: BTSX HUD v2.1 for Brutal Doom (Silver + Gold skin)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:41 am
by Hexereticdoom
New update, golden version of the HUD available!

Compatible file with BD Sperglord Edition coming soon... =:)

Re: BTSX HUD v2.1 for Brutal Doom (Silver + Gold skin)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:33 pm
by DominicWhite
I really like this HUD, but I'm shelving Brutal Doom until V20... So I went and made Vanilla and Smooth Doom variants, for anyone who wants them:

https://mega.co.nz/#!4t50VBCB!9lcZXzFtZ ... _QB_67U3vc

It even plays nice with Smooth Doom's smoother mugshot animations, which is pretty great! Only tested on the very latest GZDoom SVN.

Re: BTSX HUD v2.1a for Brutal Doom (Silver+Gold skin)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:18 am
by Hexereticdoom
Another update released!

These one contents some fixes for supporting Zandronum 1.x and... Yeah, there is available a HUD version for Brutal Doom Sperglord Edition! :thumb:

Have fun, everyone... 8-)

Re: BTSX HUD v2.2 for Brutal Doom (NEW SKINS AVAILABLE!!!)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:20 pm
by Hexereticdoom
Bump for notifying the new v2.2 release of BTSX HUD.

Hope you enjoy it! Cheerio... :thumb:

Re: BTSX HUD v2.2 for Brutal Doom (NEW SKINS AVAILABLE!!!)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:33 pm
by FreddBoy
Excellent work Hexereticdoom, this is quickly becoming my favorite brutal DOOM HUD, because colours.

Will you be adding any other colours to the set? Just thinking out loud here, how about Plasma Blue? Or Fireball Orange? Or my favorite - Brutal Black? Oh! And White Death!

And lastly, will there be plans to release these as a vanilla doom replacement also?

Re: BTSX HUD v2.2 for Brutal Doom (NEW SKINS AVAILABLE!!!)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:34 pm
by Hexereticdoom
FreddBoy wrote:Excellent work Hexereticdoom, this is quickly becoming my favorite brutal DOOM HUD, because colours.


Thanks, glad you like it! :D

FreddBoy wrote:Will you be adding any other colours to the set? Just thinking out loud here, how about Plasma Blue? Or Fireball Orange? Or my favorite - Brutal Black? Oh! And White Death!


Those colours you say are very cool suggestions! I'll add them for sure in next release! :thumb:

FreddBoy wrote:And lastly, will there be plans to release these as a vanilla doom replacement also?


Well, user DominicWhite has made already a Vanilla version of the HUD (see link above), so it's done, the only thing is updating it with the new skins when I finish them! :wink:

Re: BTSX HUD v2.2 for Brutal Doom (NEW SKINS AVAILABLE!!!)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:47 am
by mamaluigisbagel
I don't know if Domonic is still updating it though. *Shrugs*

I like how almost all of the colors match the default marine colors (except Brown) but so far this hud is going well :D I use it when I get tired of the ultimate doom visor xD which is about now, so I'm using yours.

Re: BTSX HUD v2.3 for Brutal Doom (MORE NEW SKINS!!!)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:07 pm
by Hexereticdoom
A new update for BTSX HUD is awaiting for you in first post!

It's full of colours this time! He he he... :trippy: