BTSX HUD v2.x for Brutal Doom (ABANDONED FOR NOW)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: BTSX HUD v2.3 for Brutal Doom (MORE NEW SKINS!!!)

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

Brutalize the rainbow! Taste the rainbow!

Ahem...

I love these so far. I just wish Quaker's add-on was supported. I know you're helping in testing it, but if you're not making it compatible because its non-zdoom forums, I guess that's okay. I know theres a blood skin for it.

But thats a personal want. You don't have to do it :P Oh and currently its still awaiting authorization.
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

mamaluigisbagel wrote:I love these so far. I just wish Quaker's add-on was supported. I know you're helping in testing it, but if you're not making it compatible because its non-zdoom forums, I guess that's okay. I know theres a blood skin for it.
Talking about Quaker's Mod, I have released this weekend a new and re-stylized BTSX HUD skin for it (and only for it), renamed HXRTC HUD. Take a look at it! :)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/a ... 0s-sub-mod
mamaluigisbagel wrote:Oh and currently its still awaiting authorization.
I know, I know, MODDB admins must be asleep now, please be patient... :P
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

Yeah, I was wondering if you made that one xD I downloaded it a while back

And I know, its just in case anyone reports that its not working or something :P

It's available now~
FreddBoy
Location: Wales. You know, where the men are men, and the sheep are scared.

Post by FreddBoy »

Yes! Black Death IS DA BOMB! And on my birthday too you beautiful barsteward!

But seriously, very good addition to add a time bar to pickups, will be very handy for certain maps for sure.
speaking of which, you might want to make the numbering on the white death colour darker, it clashes terribly with the white background. I'd keep it simple and do a swap with the black death colours, I.e. black numbers, white background.

My 2p worth, but keep up the very good work!
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Colors are looking good! I especially like the blue and black!
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

DominicWhite wrote:I really like this HUD, but I'm shelving Brutal Doom until V20... So I went and made Vanilla and Smooth Doom variants, for anyone who wants them:

https://mega.co.nz/#!4t50VBCB!9lcZXzFtZ ... _QB_67U3vc
OK guys, I have updated these Vanilla Doom and Smooth Doom variants, now they also include the special Powerbar indicator for Invulnerability, Radsuit and Infrared powers.

(Why are not v2.3, you say? Well, for the reason I've made some graphic HUD updates, these become the 2.4 version. And for now, only classic silver skin is included, but if there are enough petitions, I'll make the rest of the skins like BD versions!) :wink:

BTSX HUD v2.4 FOR VANILLA DOOM:
http://www.myupload.dk/showfile/c4xlv.PK3

BTSX HUD v2.4 FOR SMOOTH DOOM:
http://www.myupload.dk/showfile/c4ejj2.PK3

Keep enjoying it! 8-)
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

Thanks for porting the latest to SmoothDoom.

Edit: For the extra colors, the only thing I need to do is to port the color I want's pieces directory to main one, correct?

Also, I wonder why you didn't make Cvar that had you choose which color you want and have that give an item to the player. SBARINFO can make an item check and change the color of the HUD. This reduces it to one file per mod vs a bunch.
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

blackfish wrote:Thanks for porting the latest to SmoothDoom.

Edit: For the extra colors, the only thing I need to do is to port the color I want's pieces directory to main one, correct?

Also, I wonder why you didn't make Cvar that had you choose which color you want and have that give an item to the player. SBARINFO can make an item check and change the color of the HUD. This reduces it to one file per mod vs a bunch.
Hi Mr. Blackfish, pleased to meet you! :)

Excuse me, but not sure 100% what you ask... If you mean to making a skin for Smooth Doom BTSX HUD version, you'll have to replace the existing pieces and numbers with the colorized ones, in their respective directories... Is that what you mean?

And that about CVAR you say... Sorry, I haven't done that way, because in fact I'm still a pretty novice coder, and my knowledge about ZDoom lump coding is quite limited. For making the different colour HUDs I had no choice but to following the easier way, that is, one file by skin... :|

EDIT: I've made a little update for the previous HUD variants, added a new one for use with Free Doom. Now all they include a Time-level counter and some graphic changes in the Stimpack panel for each variant. Take them a look! :winker:

BTSX HUD v2.5 FOR VANILLA DOOM:
http://www.myupload.dk/showfile/c4sekx.PK3

BTSX HUD v2.5 FOR SMOOTH DOOM:
http://www.myupload.dk/showfile/c4xvul.PK3

BTSX HUD v2.5 FOR FREE DOOM:
http://www.myupload.dk/showfile/c4zuad.PK3
BannedUser

Post by BannedUser »

Alright, I downloaded your updated BTSX HUD for Brutal Doom (and its submods). This is a magnificent replacement for the classic HUD. The appearance is creative. You put the number of kills, secrets, and items on the upper left corner of the HUD, which I find convenient. I can finally know how many demons to kill in a specific map, the secrets, and the number of items. You also retained the list of weapons that the player has (including the mp40?, I will give you plus points for that). You also included Doomguy's mugshot, another plus for that. Everything is organized... This HUD has everything that I need, even the "stimpack/berserker pack" section and the "armor" section. And what makes this HUD stand out is the choice of different colors! From the classic silver HUD, down to the "Black Death" HUD!

The only flaw that I have found in your HUD is that the armor sprite seems to be disjointed in the frame. Not sure if it's just my game engine, or it's another glitch that you might need to work on. I will give you a screenshot to further understand this.

Very creative! Very useful! And not an eyesore to player out there! I will give it... 7.5/10! :wub:
BannedUser

Post by BannedUser »

As I said in my previous reply. *ahem ahem*
The only flaw that I have found in your HUD is that the armor sprite seems to be disjointed in the frame. Not sure if it's just my game engine, or it's another glitch that you might need to work on. I will give you a screenshot to further understand this.
Here you go, Hexereticdoom. This is what I meant by the word "disjointed".
Spoiler:
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

BannedUser wrote:Alright, I downloaded your updated BTSX HUD for Brutal Doom (and its submods). This is a magnificent replacement for the classic HUD. The appearance is creative. You put the number of kills, secrets, and items on the upper left corner of the HUD, which I find convenient. I can finally know how many demons to kill in a specific map, the secrets, and the number of items. You also retained the list of weapons that the player has (including the mp40?, I will give you plus points for that). You also included Doomguy's mugshot, another plus for that. Everything is organized... This HUD has everything that I need, even the "stimpack/berserker pack" section and the "armor" section. And what makes this HUD stand out is the choice of different colors! From the classic silver HUD, down to the "Black Death" HUD!

Very creative! Very useful! And not an eyesore to player out there! I will give it... 7.5/10! :wub:
Thanks a lot for your positive feedback! :thumb:
BannedUser wrote:The only flaw that I have found in your HUD is that the armor sprite seems to be disjointed in the frame. Not sure if it's just my game engine, or it's another glitch that you might need to work on. I will give you a screenshot to further understand this.

This is what I meant by the word "disjointed".
Spoiler:
Hmmm, it's strange... I'm not able to reproduce the problem, although I've made some tests, the armor display shows to me always centered in its panel... :?:

Which sourceport and version are you using? Have you got loaded some external addons/mutators apart from BDEEv19 and BTSX HUD? (In Zdoom.ini, perhaps?) There must be something, somewhere that causes you that weird effect...

Try to load ONLY the BDEEv19 mod and the HUD, with a clean Zdoom.ini if possible, and check if the problem still persists.
BannedUser

Post by BannedUser »

Which sourceport and version are you using?
I am using Zandronum version 2 alpha, not Zdoom.
Have you got loaded some external addons/mutators apart from BDEEv19 and BTSX HUD? (In Zdoom.ini, perhaps?) There must be something, somewhere that causes you that weird effect...
Sorry, I had no idea on what you are implying, but if you mean I included any other addons (ie, music packs, weapon packs, etc, etc...) besides Brutal Doom EE & BTSX HUD, then yes. And I would load Brutal Doom Enhanced Edition first, and not placing it in the skins folder.
Last edited by wildweasel on Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Please be careful when using color tags; some users use the alternate color themes which render your text difficult to read.
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

BannedUser wrote:Sorry, I had no idea on what you are implying, but if you mean I included any other addons (ie, music packs, weapon packs, etc, etc...) besides Brutal Doom EE & BTSX HUD, then yes. And I would load Brutal Doom Enhanced Edition first, and not placing it in the skins folder.
Well, then it's almost confirmed, surely one of that addons is un-centering the armor image of the HUD... :shucks:
Coincident

Post by Coincident »

Hexereticdoom wrote: BTSX HUD v2.5 FOR SMOOTH DOOM:
http://www.myupload.dk/showfile/c4xvul.PK3
The links seem to be dead; I've been trying all day but I'm unable to download anything from that site.
Is there another download mirror, by any chance?
darkhaven3

Post by darkhaven3 »

The BTSX readmes say:
Authors may NOT use the contents of this file as a base for modification or reuse. Permissions have been obtained from original authors for any of their resources modified or included in this file.

There will be a full release of the texture resource after Back to Saturn X's three episodes are complete. In the meantime, please be respectful and don't take our stuff. Thanks!
The HUD is nice and I like it personally, but as the textfile states, please try to be a bit more considerate and check with esselfortium and Ptoing (IIRC Ptoing did the original HUD) if it's okay to use their material at the least. As it stands, you should not distribute their work without their permission.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”