Dashcon, the pk3!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Hetdegon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Dashcon, the pk3!

Post by Hetdegon »

Oh, I didn't know. Damn, what are the odds? Heh.
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Hetdegon wrote:@Somagu: If it's that much of a problem I'll just axe it, but it's not meant to represent anyone in particular. It just spews memes.
Nah, keep the imp. No reason to remove it just because one person didn't like it.
IMX

Post by IMX »

Anyway, SJWImp for Reelism when? I can actually see a similar stage of sorts becoming a reality when add-on supports arrives
Mánibranðr System
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Mánibranðr System »

Just a thought, how would people react if if the text was changed to "Die whitey!" ?

Just something to consider, if you wouldn't let SgtMarkIV get away with racist jokes, then you shouldn't turn around and defend a transphobic joke just because it makes fun of Tumblr.
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

The thing about "die cis scum" is that it isn't a transphobic joke. It's a "social justice" joke.

The kind of "social justice" that isn't actually social justice at all, it's just people yelling at white, heterosexual cisgenders - usually only males, too - to commit suicide while trying to enforce culture segregation pre-MLK America would be proud of. Most of the time when SJWs are referenced, it's referring to what are basically neo neo nazis.

I'm pretty sure most people actually fighting for equality have fled or are trying to flee this horrid misuse of the ideal, so the jokes aren't really any worse than Wolfenstein in its entirety.
DoomNukem

Post by DoomNukem »

ArcheKruz wrote:"Die whitey!"
wow omg I can't believe you just said that, that really upsets me!!!!!.
i know you're using that to make a point but that's still racism, can you please not say such bigoted offensive things on the forum, it deeply offends me and now I am not sure how I am going to get through my day after
being attacked with racist vitriol like that, didn't realise how many bigot racists were on the forums you're just like SgtMarkIV I dont care what context you were using and if you were pointing out someone's racism, ITS STILL RACISM.

#NOTYOURWHITEMASTER

lel

EDIT: so is your solution to sterilize the forum of any speech that isn't politically correct or offends someone? and where does the community decide to draw the line, I'm mean does "die cis scum" really qualify as bigotry towards transgender people or is it bigotry towards cisgender people? (did I use that term right? i only recently learned what that even was, thanks internet) because it sounds like the latter, although it was used in an ironic context, I just need to know if I should be offended or not.
HexaDoken

Post by HexaDoken »

I'd advise to stop or at least go to a separate place. Having been in multiple internet discussions about various touchy subjects as this, I have learned one complete, absolute truth.

The truth is: these things go nowhere.
though at least you get offended for things that can actually offend people instead of say, wishing me death because I'm better at beating singleplayer doom maps and I decided to brag about it.
Medicris

Post by Medicris »

ArcheKruz wrote:Just a thought, how would people react if if the text was changed to "Die whitey!" ?

Just something to consider, if you wouldn't let SgtMarkIV get away with racist jokes, then you shouldn't turn around and defend a transphobic joke just because it makes fun of Tumblr.
As if. If you're offended by that joke, then you're the punchline.

The joke doesn't even make fun of how trans people, it has to do with an irrational, prejudiced hatred a Tumblrite has for everyone who isn't like them (because if you're a straight white male, you're automatically the scum of the earth without even meeting you!). See, Tumblr has its own indoctrination of positive feedback where it's okay to lash out and despise everyone for not agreeing that it's okay for you to choose to parasitize your parents because you identify as an otherkin so you can't apply for a job or go to school because you're a tortoise in a life regression when your parents ask you to be an adult and support yourself.

It's not the same as Mark coming on here and going "lol this plasma gun burns people into niggers faster than rap music". That's the end of it.
Last edited by Medicris on Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:50 am, edited 5 times in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

HexaDoken wrote:I'd advise to stop or at least go to a separate place. Having been in multiple internet discussions about various touchy subjects as this, I have learned one complete, absolute truth.

The truth is: these things go nowhere.
Very much agreed. I'd be very happy to forget that this happened, as long as the argument does not continue in this thread.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

This pk3 needs funding
17k to be exact.

Eitherway, 10/10.
SanyaWaffles
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 for the Motorola Powerstack II

Post by SanyaWaffles »

The ball pit gave me pancreatic cancer and offends me. 10/10 would download and play again.
Hetdegon

Post by Hetdegon »

Must be the urine. Take a shower and it'll get better.
Thanks for commenting, although I'd kinda prefer this one to get buried and not necrobumped. I thought of it as a simple joke but drama had to follow. Specially now with gamergate and all that stuff going on. Don't want the SJWs coming crashing through my door again.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Yes. Let's just close the thread, then.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”