DOOM TRIGGER [DEAD]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Re: DOOM TRIGGER

Postby wildweasel » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:22 pm

edward850 wrote:Seeing as he's kind of required to post in English, it's a perfectly legitimate question. :P

To clarify, that's not a rule, more of a general guideline. We'd really prefer English, but we're not going to warn or ban anybody about it. If you're not comfortable with English, or you aren't sure your translation is right, post it in both languages.
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby kaos_2211 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:27 pm

Endless123 wrote:@ kaos_2211 : Thanks for translating your post, i'm downloading your mod right now and i'll give you feedbacks soon :)

you welcome, =D make sure you download it from here DTv1.8
http://www.mediafire.com/download/olb5n ... T,v1.8.pk3
Last edited by kaos_2211 on Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kaos_2211
any rookie can be professional. with much effort and dedication

Postby kaos_2211 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:33 pm

wildweasel wrote:
edward850 wrote:Seeing as he's kind of required to post in English, it's a perfectly legitimate question. :P

To clarify, that's not a rule, more of a general guideline. We'd really prefer English, but we're not going to warn or ban anybody about it. If you're not comfortable with English, or you aren't sure your translation is right, post it in both languages.

thanks! :mrgreen:
kaos_2211

Postby Endless123 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:47 pm

yep i downloaded this one (1.7)

I only played 3 levels of Doom 2 with it but i really had to give you my first impression.

Good points : fun to play, good Doom 3-Halo atmosphere (Doom 3 for the weapons and Halo for the helmet view - which is really well done by the way), intense fights in the dark at UV, good weapons sounds and effects, a decent flashlight that actually is priceless in many areas just like in Doom 3, very good sprites for weapons, great intro, good gameplay balance

Bad points : well the only complain i really have is it's WAY too dark and sometimes the flashlight is not enough and it could be deadly in dark crowded maps.

As you see i have mixed feelings about the darkness of your mod. It's good because it's adding to the Doom 3 atmosphere but it's also a deadly problem in some maps. But at least there is an integrated flashlight to discretely show the way in dark places.

Conclusion, a lot more good points than bad points that's why i hope your mod will be a success and i will follow your mod with great interests :)
Endless123

Postby kaos_2211 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:46 pm

Endless123 wrote:yep i downloaded this one (1.7)

I only played 3 levels of Doom 2 with it but i really had to give you my first impression.

Good points : fun to play, good Doom 3-Halo atmosphere (Doom 3 for the weapons and Halo for the helmet view - which is really well done by the way), intense fights in the dark at UV, good weapons sounds and effects, a decent flashlight that actually is priceless in many areas just like in Doom 3, very good sprites for weapons, great intro, good gameplay balance

Bad points : well the only complain i really have is it's WAY too dark and sometimes the flashlight is not enough and it could be deadly in dark crowded maps.

As you see i have mixed feelings about the darkness of your mod. It's good because it's adding to the Doom 3 atmosphere but it's also a deadly problem in some maps. But at least there is an integrated flashlight to discretely show the way in dark places.

Conclusion, a lot more good points than bad points that's why i hope your mod will be a success and i will follow your mod with great interests :)

thanks my friend, I will consider your suggestion for next updates. but you can also configure the GZDoom to increase lighting.
saludos! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
kaos_2211

Postby Endless123 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:58 am

I know but if i do that all the other maps i play would be too bright and the light amplification powerup would be useless :P
Endless123

Postby TheMightyHeracross » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:00 am

OK, came around to playing this.
  • Since you used the WAD files straight from Realm667 with everything intact, most credits are covered, but not all, such as the brightmaps and weapons. Credit the remaining resources. I know the flashlight is by The Zombie Killer, but he's not credited anywhere for it. Also, put the credits on the OP as well.
  • Yelling out "Reloading!" when you're the last guy left is both annoying and makes no sense.
  • Why do you start with Grenades, but no "ammo" for them? Just don't make him start with the weapon.
  • When "Reload!" appears on the screen when you're low on ammo, it's misspelled as "Reoload!"
  • Why start with a Machine Gun? The pistol is totally useless.
  • I get nothing when I "pick up" the chainsaw
  • Health regen, why?
  • The hitscan machine gunners kill me in about 1.5 seconds, and the shotgunners kill me in two hits. Please nerf the hitscan zombies.
That's all I've got to say for now.
TheMightyHeracross
...and remember: his silence is golden.

Discord: TheMightyHeracross#1716
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit

Postby Hellstorm Archon » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:14 am

Clearly, this mod has a lot of potential. A word of advice from someone who's crammed Realm667 into his project:

If you're going to do that, at least alter the behavior for at least some of the monsters so it's not just plagiarism. It's great practice to improve your DECORATE skills.

EDIT:

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=36968

http://www.mediafire.com/?fcot1lnai7fxdd6

Hopefully, you can use this as practice.
Hellstorm Archon
Will debase self for street cred.

Discord: Man of Doom#4046

Postby Tango » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:55 am

I'm not sure it would really be considered plagiarism since the stuff on Realm667 is meant to be taken and used as is
Tango
heh!

Postby Blue Shadow » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:27 pm

Yeah, and the credits are also there by the sound of it, so...

Tango wrote:[...]used as is

You are free to edit them, if you want, to suit your project's needs.
Blue Shadow

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Doomguy5th » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:01 pm

OOOOOHHH SHIT!!
To be honest, I really like this mod!
I would vote for every option except "nothing" and low difficulty. Though I don't know what I should vote for. Great mod, KEEP IT UP!

Edit: Speaking of which, where did you get that HUD? Looks sweet!
Doomguy5th

Postby YukiHerz » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:24 am

After testing this mod, me gusta, aunque el hud no este hecho para mi pantalla, intenta editar algunas cosas en el DECORATE para que se sienta mas original, una cosa que me molesto fueron las voces, el personaje no para de hablar y arruina la inmersión, si la pudieras hacer aparecer menos.

That's all, i like everything else.

Keep working on this.
YukiHerz
Always there, always bored.

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby kaos_2211 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:40 pm

TheMightyHeracross wrote:OK, came around to playing this.
  • Since you used the WAD files straight from Realm667 with everything intact, most credits are covered, but not all, such as the brightmaps and weapons. Credit the remaining resources. I know the flashlight is by The Zombie Killer, but he's not credited anywhere for it. Also, put the credits on the OP as well.

hello. yes friend. realm667 use material in DT. and not even give credit resources. by still much to modify the "DT" and I will not even give credits till the end of the "DT" or at least till the version "2.0" version

• Yelling out "Reloading!" when you're the last guy left is both annoying and makes no sense.

was for the player he was aware that this recharging

• Why do you start with Grenades, but no "ammo" for them? Just don't make him start with the weapon.

my error

• When "Reload!" appears on the screen when you're low on ammo, it's misspelled as "Reoload!".

one small spelling mistake

• Why start with a Machine Gun? The pistol is totally useless.

my error

• I get nothing when I "pick up" the chainsaw

my error

• Health regen, why?.

my error

• The hitscan machine gunners kill me in about 1.5 seconds, and the shotgunners kill me in two hits. Please nerf the hitscan zombies.

my error
kaos_2211

Postby kaos_2211 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:05 pm

HazeBandicoot wrote:After testing this mod, me gusta, aunque el hud no este hecho para mi pantalla, intenta editar algunas cosas en el DECORATE para que se sienta mas original, una cosa que me molesto fueron las voces, el personaje no para de hablar y arruina la inmersión, si la pudieras hacer aparecer menos.

That's all, i like everything else.

Keep working on this.

para no tener errores en el hud. por favor vaya al menu. y aplica estas configuraciones.

video mode/ force aspect radio 4:3

y si algunos elementos se ven demaciados grandes. configure el tamaño del la ventana del juego a

1280x720

y listo!
kaos_2211

Postby kaos_2211 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:06 pm

DoomCraft wrote:OOOOOHHH SHIT!!
To be honest, I really like this mod!
I would vote for every option except "nothing" and low difficulty. Though I don't know what I should vote for. Great mod, KEEP IT UP!

Edit: Speaking of which, where did you get that HUD? Looks sweet!

thanks my friend, new upgrade

http://www.mediafire.com/download/olb5n ... T,v1.8.pk3

enjoy!
kaos_2211

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects