[WIP] Brutal Doom V19 Immortal Destroyer's Add-On V5

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Immortal Destroyer

[WIP] Brutal Doom V19 Immortal Destroyer's Add-On V5

Post by Immortal Destroyer »

Hello Everybody!

This my new project about an famous mod called Brutal Doom. Please read above for previews, instructions, Download link etc.

Preview;

Brutal Doom is an mod by Sergeant_Mark_IV (Sgt.MarkIV for short) which adds lots of new improvements and much more gore to the old, good Vanilla Doom. This Add-On had originally started as a sound replacement mod, but, after some releases of Brutal Doom I don't like some Sgt.MarkIV changes (Even in the original release) so I decide to make my own customized Doom, and then share my work publicly. As I see, the results are great so far.

Don't forget, this is just the begging of the trip between THIS Changelog! The Changelog is all the money, so here it is!

Changelog from the original Brutal Doom;
Spoiler:
Future (5.5) changelog;
Fixed a bug causing the Monsters to disappear after they get punched by an Marine.
New Shotgun sprites.
New Shotgun fire sound.
New Rifle reload sound.
Fixed an bug causing explosions to play 7 sounds instead of 9.
All big sounds converted to .OGG sound format to minimize the main file.
Real Gore removed and is now an Mutator.
A_StopSoundEx command changed to A_StopSound to stop immediately the sound.
Burned body parts are now kickable.

More stuff!

Screenshots;
Spoiler:
Tired of all those? Don't worry, you're not the only one here. Always remember, words are nothing versus the Action! Don't miss the fun, Download and enjoy all my work!

Download Links;
Spoiler:
Exclusive Add-Ons;
Spoiler:
Known issues;
Spoiler:
I highly recommend that you DON'T read those bugs because there's an chance that those bugs will ruin your gameplay experience.

Troubleshooting;
If your framerate is getting low, go to Options/BD Special Options and Turn "Voxels (Software)" to "Off".

NOTE; I will write more soon, just be patient.

Credits;

TZK; The Zombie Killer; For giving excessive coding from his Brutal Patch.
DoomNukem; For his awesome SSG-Shotgun sprites.
Wildweasel; For getting 1 frame for the Shotgun pickup sprite also some sounds.
Z86; For his "Particle Fire Enhancer Mod" that I picked lots of stuff.
Duke Plus; For some sounds.
Ghastly_Dragon; For his "Marine Skins" which I took some of them and then modify them.
JDoom; For some HD Stuff.
TeamHellSpawn; Voxels Stuff.
Quake III Team Arena = Chaingun sounds.
Quake III Metal Tech = Explosion sprites.
Mike12 (Not sure) = New shotgun sprites (Version 5.5)
( If I forgot someone, it is greatly appreciated to report it. )

Thanks a lot for reading this! Have a good time Doom-Killing! 8-)
Last edited by Immortal Destroyer on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:42 am, edited 7 times in total.
TerminusEst13

Re: [New] Brutal Doom V19 Immortal Destroyer's Add-On

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Immortal Destroyer wrote:[+] Real Gore added, with new frames too.
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This does not strike me as a very good addition.
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by phantombeta »

I think that should be removed, some people don't have the guts(?) for that kind of stuff...
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

phantombeta wrote:I think that should be removed, some people don't have the guts(?) for that kind of stuff...
It's not so much the visual element of it (honestly, the 'real gore' sprites look like garbage), it's just completely wrong on a moral ground. You can't crop out pieces of dead body/murder/accident photos, slap them into sprite format, and expect that kinda shit to fly.

It's a little thing they call 'respect for the dead'.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Not to mention, nearly this exact argument broke out in Sarge's original thread when he announced it, and he wound up dropping it from the main file.
The_Funktasm

Post by The_Funktasm »

Mike12 wrote:
phantombeta wrote:I think that should be removed, some people don't have the guts(?) for that kind of stuff...
It's not so much the visual element of it (honestly, the 'real gore' sprites look like garbage), it's just completely wrong on a moral ground. You can't crop out pieces of dead body/murder/accident photos, slap them into sprite format, and expect that kinda shit to fly.

It's a little thing they call 'respect for the dead'.
I'm pretty sure in the US at least there are laws against that sort of thing. There really is no good reason to have real-life gore images in something or otherwise aside from reference, and even then, there's moulage.
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

Oh hahahahahahahahahaha... Quaker540... So basically, you renamed the "Brutal Doom v19 Quaker540 Addon" into something else. And I believe this is V5 of you addon? I LIKE THIS ADDON!!! Although, you might want to remove the Real Gore. I would have to agree with the others, because Sarge did remove the Real Gore for a reason.

And, holy shit! From what I remembered from the previous versions of your addon, that MP3 Sound File for "DSSHELL1, DSSHELL2, and DSSHELL3"... well, that's pretty loud.

That V5 Teaser Trailer of you addon was kind of funny. Once I saw the Black/Greenish Chaingun, I thought you were going to replace the minigun. I was wrong. Great job on the addon. THUMBS UP!!
Xangi

Post by Xangi »

I have absolutely no moral objections to real gore, but some screenshots of it would be nice. It would be easier to determine at a glance if it actually looks good or not if we had some. Somehow I suspect it's not going to look very good.
tuintje

Post by tuintje »

nice addon, btw did you credit the guys who made the voxels? It was team hellspawn I believe. Also when marines do a fatality on a monster the monster disappears. :(
Immortal Destroyer

tuintje wrote:nice addon, btw did you credit the guys who made the voxels? It was team hellspawn I believe. Also when marines do a fatality on a monster the monster disappears. :(
That was an feature at the beginning, I just don't want Marines to make fatalities. 5.5 just spawns dead bodies normally.
And thanks for reminding me who made those Voxels! :D
DoomCraft wrote:Oh hahahahahahahahahaha... Quaker540... So basically, you renamed the "Brutal Doom v19 Quaker540 Addon" into something else. And I believe this is V5 of you addon? I LIKE THIS ADDON!!! Although, you might want to remove the Real Gore. I would have to agree with the others, because Sarge did remove the Real Gore for a reason.

And, holy shit! From what I remembered from the previous versions of your addon, that MP3 Sound File for "DSSHELL1, DSSHELL2, and DSSHELL3"... well, that's pretty loud.

That V5 Teaser Trailer of you addon was kind of funny. Once I saw the Black/Greenish Chaingun, I thought you were going to replace the minigun. I was wrong. Great job on the addon. THUMBS UP!!
Wait a minute, do you mean that you were an guy from one of my videos? :) Those loud sounds were removed because from an accident I broke the quality. If I need to put them back, they will be fixed. The current sounds I use are from WW-DoomNukem (Wildweasel-DoomNukem) I personally don't like what I hear, it sounds like an Wood falling into the ground instead of metallic pellets. I will try to make the ground when faces the metal side of the casing, you hear metal sound. When it hits the Wood side, Wood Sound. Also a tip; I wrote before that brutalizing the Chaingunguy (Sadistic actions-Cruelty Bonus) also gives 90% chance to get a Minigun too :) .

The only thing I have to tell to anyone is that I will remove the Real Gore and put it as an Mutator.

Thanks for your feedback. :D

EDIT; Update first post. Orthographic fixes, and more information about the new stuff. Can I please have what you have in your experience? This can help me to improve my Add-on, for example; I like this and that.... etc. Again, thanks :D .
Immortal Destroyer

Re: [WIP] Brutal Doom V19 Immortal Destroyer's Add-On

PROGRESS;

I'm working on 5.5 version, you can read the Changelog here;

Fixed a bug causing Monsters to disappear when they get punched by a Marine.
Marines fire rate reduced to the Player's ones.
Real Gore removed, is now an Add-On.
Gibs will no longer walk through walls ( FINALLY :D ).
Grenade Launcher sounds fixed at the Alt-Fire.

Future Changes;
I'm trying to fix the Plasma Gun glitch ( Can't find what is wrong ).
Carbonized gibs will be kickable just like all other body parts.
Revenant and Man-Cubus carbonized bodies will be shootable too.
BFG9000 Alt-Fire explosion particle will be faster.
Cacodemon's blood on the roof is red instead of blue ( Time to fix it ).
Pistol's Alt-Fire bug when your ammo counter is 0 you change weapon and then it goes back to the pistol ( Time to fix this too ).

Please tell me what did you think about them and please post new ideas.
Mánibranðr System
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Mánibranðr System »

You know, there is something uncomfortably dark and seedy about using real pictures of gore as a resource for the gore sprites in a mod that is a celebration of Ultra-Violence in a First Person Shooter. it is going into very dark territory here.

Just as a warning, there are people who do get off on seeing demons write in agony while their guts and limbs fall out of their bodies. The implication of giving this to them is thus quite disturbing, you are essentially giving certain members of the Brutal Doom fanbase a way to, essentially, jack off to real human corpses who are torn apart in horrific accidents or dead US soldiers dismembered by IEDs.

So if you decide to keep going with this, just remember that this is on your conscience.
Immortal Destroyer

ArcheKruz wrote:You know, there is something uncomfortably dark and seedy about using real pictures of gore as a resource for the gore sprites in a mod that is a celebration of Ultra-Violence in a First Person Shooter. it is going into very dark territory here.

Just as a warning, there are people who do get off on seeing demons write in agony while their guts and limbs fall out of their bodies. The implication of giving this to them is thus quite disturbing, you are essentially giving certain members of the Brutal Doom fanbase a way to, essentially, jack off to real human corpses who are torn apart in horrific accidents or dead US soldiers dismembered by IEDs.

So if you decide to keep going with this, just remember that this is on your conscience.
Hello ArcheKruz,

It was not required to post this since I decide to cut them from the main mod as I post before. At least, thank you for trying to make things better .
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Yes, it was required to post that because you still have the Real Gore, addon or not. That's not the kind of thing that you put in some wad.
Immortal Destroyer

TheMightyHeracross wrote:Yes, it was required to post that because you still have the Real Gore, addon or not. That's not the kind of thing that you put in some wad.
I put them because they look a lot better than the standard BD gibs. I'm not a fan of Real Gore stuff, I actually play BD because you can perform things like Headshots etc. Something that gives big realism to Doom.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”