[WIP] Brutal Doom V19 Immortal Destroyer's Add-On V5

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Immortal Destroyer

Re: Removed.

Post by Immortal Destroyer »

wildweasel wrote:Nope.
Okay, maybe that's my punish.
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Immortal Destroyer wrote: I know that you are trying to help, but I'm still mad with this. What's the problem here? The problem is that I told 100 times that I delete it, and now I don't want to continue this project. They don't even help me with those posts. I ask them to tell me about the mod, their experience, and instead of that they still post about the Gore thing something that I say "I don't want to hear it again because it is removed". And then, TheMightyDude post again something that I say I don't want to it hear again. What's wrong with that? Because I sound like an Child? This is the only Project that I start to post like that. And nobody do the same things to the annoying SigFloyd guy. When SigFloyd say something, everyone hear him like his the King of the World, and I thought that I will earn something for me too with this Project, because I'm not so much famous about my Sound Design and Programmatic stuff (All my Programmatic stuff are personal to make my job easier) and I never hear an "Congratulations" but only Shit,shit and shit. I take enough from all those. If you want to return this project back to life, please remove all the comments that people said here, or move them if you want.
I'd like to take this opportunity to point out a few things. First of all, Sigfloyd is well-revered because he is patient, has respect for his work and for others (and goes out of his way to make sure things are properly credit), and has even been respectful in the face of people who really don't deserve respect (he exchanged a few words with Mark once). SigFloyd is a nice person who has an actual sense of professionalism to boot - you'd do well to pay attention to that if you ever want to get anywhere.

The other thing is, a good bit of these Brutal Doom repackagings demonstrate a very peculiar mindset - one seems to reflects on the views of both SgtMark and his fans. First off, I notice a good few of these 'alternate versions' seem to be more of an attempt to leech off Brutal Doom's past success in attempt to make a name for themselves. Yet, this mod and many others like it just seem to jumble around a bunch of different assets from past BD versions, change some graphics here and there, or try far too hard to be 'realistic'. This obviously kinda presents a bit of an ego problem, I think - ironically something not far-off from how Mark behaved when he was still around. Adding to this further is the aforementioned attitude towards making Brutal Doom even more 'hardcore', and 'gritty'; taking the entire thing seriously despite the fact that the whole mod is bouncing-off-the-walls ridiculous. The approach Mark and others have taken to the mod have made the mod the Doom equivalent of some people in their early-to-mid teens; behaving ridiculously, surrounding themselves with 'hardcore' and 'edgy' imagery in an attempt to attract attention and make an image for themselves, and overall acting in a very juvenile manner - all whilst still expecting to be taken seriously.

The reason people like BDSE, and the thing that makes it different, is the fact that SigFloyd actually does the opposite - he recognizes the fact that the mod is ridiculous and over-the-top and rolls with it, which gives him an actual sense of direction. He does his best to actually make it fun and entertaining for as many people as possible instead of just being another author ego-trip. Furthermore, he keeps the core mod as accessible as possible, implementing the more fun/new/interesting features, and offers a vast selection of mutators that can be attached to the mod to customize the experience for people unhappy with certain elements. If you wanna get somewhere with modding, you'd do best to think about these kinds of things.
Last edited by Mike12 on Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Immortal Destroyer

Re: [WIP] Brutal Doom V19 Immortal Destroyer's Add-On V5

Hello everybody!

Here is my progress;

There will be an Add-On that called "Alternate Sounds" and this Add-On will give new sounds for weapons!
And I just fixed a bug causing the Chaingun to have Sprited bullets instead of Model ones!

5.5 is near!
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Mike12 wrote:people in their early-to-mid teens; behaving ridiculously, surrounding themselves with 'hardcore' and 'edgy' imagery in an attempt to attract attention and make an image for themselves, and overall acting in a very juvenile manner - all whilst still expecting to be taken seriously.
:(
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

TheMightyHeracross wrote:
Mike12 wrote:people in their early-to-mid teens; behaving ridiculously, surrounding themselves with 'hardcore' and 'edgy' imagery in an attempt to attract attention and make an image for themselves, and overall acting in a very juvenile manner - all whilst still expecting to be taken seriously.
:(
I did say 'some'. :P
Doomguy5th

Re: [New] Brutal Doom V19 Immortal Destroyer's Add-On

Post by Doomguy5th »

DoomCraft wrote:Oh hahahahahahahahahaha... Quaker540... So basically, you renamed the "Brutal Doom v19 Quaker540 Addon" into something else. And I believe this is V5 of you addon? I LIKE THIS ADDON!!! Although, you might want to remove the Real Gore. I would have to agree with the others, because Sarge did remove the Real Gore for a reason.

And, holy shit! From what I remembered from the previous versions of your addon, that MP3 Sound File for "DSSHELL1, DSSHELL2, and DSSHELL3"... well, that's pretty loud.

That V5 Teaser Trailer of you addon was kind of funny. Once I saw the Black/Greenish Chaingun, I thought you were going to replace the minigun. I was wrong. Great job on the addon. THUMBS UP!!
Wait a minute, do you mean that you were an guy from one of my videos? :) Those loud sounds were removed because from an accident I broke the quality. If I need to put them back, they will be fixed. The current sounds I use are from WW-DoomNukem (Wildweasel-DoomNukem) I personally don't like what I hear, it sounds like an Wood falling into the ground instead of metallic pellets. I will try to make the ground when faces the metal side of the casing, you hear metal sound. When it hits the Wood side, Wood Sound. Also a tip; I wrote before that brutalizing the Chaingunguy (Sadistic actions-Cruelty Bonus) also gives 90% chance to get a Minigun too :) .

The only thing I have to tell to anyone is that I will remove the Real Gore and put it as an Mutator.

Thanks for your feedback. :D

EDIT; Update first post. Orthographic fixes, and more information about the new stuff. Can I please have what you have in your experience? This can help me to improve my Add-on, for example; I like this and that.... etc. Again, thanks :D .[/quote]

Yes, I am that guy who kept on commenting on your Youtube videos, paid attention to your Weebly Website, and gave you the idea of making some kind of arsenal for Brutal Doom that contains Doom 3 Weapons and Quake 4 Weapons (XD). Anyways, check you GMAIL Inbox, or your notifications. I sent a PM to your Youtube Channel. It was just a little present, by me... I did allow you to use some ideas from my present that I sent you by a PM. I also sent you another PM, and it's another present by me...

Also guys, WHO THE FUCK MADE THIS MINI-ARSENAL!?!? THIS IS AWESOME!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IOOKxf74MU

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IOOKxf74MU[/youtube]

http://mediafire.com/?3pgqq86wk18l42d (except this version has a pistol)
Immortal Destroyer

DoomCraft wrote: Yes, I am that guy who kept on commenting on your Youtube videos, paid attention to your Weebly Website, and gave you the idea of making some kind of arsenal for Brutal Doom that contains Doom 3 Weapons and Quake 4 Weapons (XD). Anyways, check you GMAIL Inbox, or your notifications. I sent a PM to your Youtube Channel. It was just a little present, by me... I did allow you to use some ideas from my present that I sent you by a PM. I also sent you another PM, and it's another present by me...

I will put you as a contact here! :D I have no idea who made that Arsenal pack, sorry about that, and I check my Inbox and I didn't notice any new message. Copy+Paste your message. My E-Mail is in your Inbox (Here, on this forum).

=========================================================================================================

What's up everybody? I've just made burned arms kickable! Check this picture;
Spoiler:
And this is just the beginning! I have to make all the other body parts kickable too! What did you think about this, people? Should I need to continue?

EDIT; Another bug fix; I've just fixed a bug with the explosion sounds when 2 sounds in the archive remain unused.
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

Immortal Destroyer wrote:
DoomCraft wrote: Yes, I am that guy who kept on commenting on your Youtube videos, paid attention to your Weebly Website, and gave you the idea of making some kind of arsenal for Brutal Doom that contains Doom 3 Weapons and Quake 4 Weapons (XD). Anyways, check you GMAIL Inbox, or your notifications. I sent a PM to your Youtube Channel. It was just a little present, by me... I did allow you to use some ideas from my present that I sent you by a PM. I also sent you another PM, and it's another present by me...

I will put you as a contact here! :D I have no idea who made that Arsenal pack, sorry about that, and I check my Inbox and I didn't notice any new message. Copy+Paste your message. My E-Mail is in your Inbox (Here, on this forum).

=========================================================================================================

What's up everybody? I've just made burned arms kickable! Check this picture;
Spoiler:
And this is just the beginning! I have to make all the other body parts kickable too! What did you think about this, people? Should I need to continue?
Oh yay!! Thanks dude! :D

Okay, now check your inbox... I sent you another version of my present. Use some ideas... Or check you notifications...

Edit: FUCK!!! Okay... now, I've emailed you... Check your inbox, again...
Rustygold

Post by Rustygold »

Ok so here's a list of the thing's i like. No.1 the new chaingun, No.2 the pistol and rifle balance "should really only start out with a pistol though". No.3 the new doomguy pain sounds no.4 the shotgun sprites and here's the things i dont like. no.1 the pistol sprite and alt fire, you should really change the pistol to the black one from the classic doom and have aiming as a alt fire only less accurate then the rifle with less range, no.2 the melee mechanics just feel awkward and should just be left the way they were on brutal doom v19. no.3 the shotgun fire sound effects, the shotgun's sound really weak and the ssg alt fire sounds stronger than it's main fire which is wierd "the rifle could have a stronger sound to". oh and two more things could you make a mutilator for the v19 plasma rifle and could you change the bfg fire sound to the doom 2 icon of sin's pain sound trust me it makes the gun feel really bad ass the file is called DSBOSPN just make it sound a little less laggy and you got you're self the true BIG FUCKING GUN 9,000! That is all :P
Immortal Destroyer

Rustygold wrote:Ok so here's a list of the thing's i like. No.1 the new chaingun, No.2 the pistol and rifle balance "should really only start out with a pistol though". No.3 the new doomguy pain sounds no.4 the shotgun sprites and here's the things i dont like. no.1 the pistol sprite and alt fire, you should really change the pistol to the black one from the classic doom and have aiming as a alt fire only less accurate then the rifle with less range, no.2 the melee mechanics just feel awkward and should just be left the way they were on brutal doom v19. no.3 the shotgun fire sound effects, the shotgun's sound really weak and the ssg alt fire sounds stronger than it's main fire which is wierd "the rifle could have a stronger sound to". oh and two more things could you make a mutilator for the v19 plasma rifle and could you change the bfg fire sound to the doom 2 icon of sin's pain sound trust me it makes the gun feel really bad ass the file is called DSBOSPN just make it sound a little less laggy and you got you're self the true BIG FUCKING GUN 9,000! That is all :P
1; I will made an Reskin to the Pistol after 5.5 came out.
2; The Pistol has A LOT less accuracy than the Rifle.
3; I put those Melee mechanics because sometimes you can't do combos due to the charge attack that BD19 have.
4; I know that the Shotgun sound sounds weird, but the old modified version of the Shotgun from my older version sounds a lot weaker and the sound I currently use is an recorded sound from my Benneli M4.
5; When you V19 Plasma Rifle, you mean the Sprites only?
6; Do you mean that the Icon Of Sin pain sound sounds like an BFG9000?
torridgristle

Post by torridgristle »

Immortal Destroyer wrote:I currently use is an recorded sound from my Benneli M4.
I don't think that's true and here's why: It's really low quality. It's not low quality like an amateur recording would be, it's low quality like a YouTube video would be. The transient is mangled like MP3 compression, it's not even cut to the transient, and the sound is lowpassed at ~14khz.

I don't know the YouTube video you took it from, but I sure as shit found the recording that YouTube video used.

http://soundfxcenter.com/sound-effects/weapons/10 Benelli M4 Firing Sound Effect
Immortal Destroyer wrote:my Benneli M4.
Who even lies about that?
Mánibranðr System
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Mánibranðr System »

Aren't those Counter-Strike sounds?
Rustygold

Post by Rustygold »

yes sprites only for the v19 plasma gun and no the bfg should have the icon of sin pain sound becuase it would make it sound alot beefier.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Listen Immortal Destroyer, we don't care who you are, what you own or anything like that. You're just someone on the Internet. Just don't lie. You'll just end up hurting yourself.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

ArcheKruz wrote:Aren't those Counter-Strike sounds?
why yes, they are
by the looks of it that website is mostly just game rips

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”