[WIP] Brutal Doom V19 Immortal Destroyer's Add-On V5

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Re: [WIP] Brutal Doom V19 Immortal Destroyer's Add-On

Postby TheMightyHeracross » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:22 pm

The real gore looks ugly and does not fit in, TBH. And it's morally wrong. Someone's dead loved one has pictures of their brain matter or guts or whatever being used for fun by some video game modder. That's not totally messed up to you? It's not about looks or realism,

Mike12 wrote:It's a little thing they call 'respect for the dead'.
TheMightyHeracross
...and remember: his silence is golden.

Discord: TheMightyHeracross#1716
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit

Postby Immortal Destroyer » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:34 pm

TheMightyHeracross wrote:The real gore looks ugly and does not fit in, TBH. And it's morally wrong. Someone's dead loved one has pictures of their brain matter or guts or whatever being used for fun by some video game modder. That's not totally messed up to you? It's not about looks or realism,

Mike12 wrote:It's a little thing they call 'respect for the dead'.

Calling it morally it's not a great way to describe what did you think. And that's the only thing of the thread do you lag? Please stop talking about that Subject because I told before IT IS REMOVED.
Immortal Destroyer
Born to be WILD! :)
Banned User

Postby TheMightyHeracross » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:37 pm

Only from the main file. Using it as an addon is just as wrong as having it as part of the mod.
TheMightyHeracross
...and remember: his silence is golden.

Discord: TheMightyHeracross#1716
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit

Postby Immortal Destroyer » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:40 pm

TheMightyHeracross wrote:Only from the main file. Using it as an addon is just as wrong as having it as part of the mod.

I didn't made this thread to earn comments like this. If you don't want it, just wait for 5.5 and DON'T play that goddamn Mutator. I respect your opinion, I agree with "Respect to the Dead" I just want to make HD Gibs rather than ugly, and TOO much bloody ones.

EDIT; Please go back to our Topic and tell me your experience with this Add-On. Please do not bother about the Real Gore subject, it was an Beta idea which is removed now.
Immortal Destroyer
Banned User

Postby TerminusEst13 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:54 pm

Immortal Destroyer wrote:I didn't made this thread to earn comments like this.

Actually, when you make a thread, you invite all feedback--positive and negative.
TerminusEst13
I'm just a guy.

Twitch ID: TerminusEst13

Postby Immortal Destroyer » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:06 pm

TerminusEst13 wrote:
Immortal Destroyer wrote:I didn't made this thread to earn comments like this.

Actually, when you make a thread, you invite all feedback--positive and negative.

Indeed, but I mean comments that they say things repeatedly.
Immortal Destroyer
Banned User

Postby wildweasel » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:10 pm

Comments are only coming "repeatedly" because you seem to not acknowledge the full meaning of them.
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Hellser » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:21 pm

Then how about you be a good boy and remove the "Real Gore" addon? To make everyone happy? As people said, it's morally wrong. The subject, right now atleast, is that you're keeping the gore here in the form of an addon. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if we used your face after it was crushed, smashed and sent through an acid bath as the generic zombieman face in order for us to shoot, explode, teabag and what have you. I'm sure those who are deceased - who had their own morals when they were alive - with their guts and what not hanging out might have something to say too if they were alive; don't use it.
Hellser
Remember Citadel
Global Moderator

Discord: Hellser#8156
Operating System: Windows 11
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby The_Funktasm » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:47 pm

Since you didn't even make Real Gore in the first place, why not just take better, sprite-based gibs from another game and completely replace them? There are plenty of resources out there; use them!

Also, if you don't want controversy, don't use content that has definitely already started one once before.
The_Funktasm
Banned User

Postby Immortal Destroyer » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:07 pm

wildweasel wrote:Comments are only coming "repeatedly" because you seem to not acknowledge the full meaning of them.

Maybe THEM don't understand what I said. Wildweasel, I'm sure that you see my Comment about "I removed them". Then, why TheMightyHeraCross returns back something that I previously delete? I made an Add-On for people to play it and then tell me ideas etc. Something that everyone wants from an Project AND NOT TO HEAR COMMENTS LIKE THIS, THAT THEY RETURN THINGS BACK THAT I PREVIOUSLY DELETE. I'm not rude in that, I just can't handle now this Thread. There's no point to keep this thread up now, all those comments ruined it. Now, I waste 2 hours of my life to write all those pointlessly. Better for me to find another forum to post this thread. Thanks a lot. And warn me, if you love so. (Done. -mgmt)
Immortal Destroyer
Banned User

Postby Immortal Destroyer » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:11 pm

Immortal Destroyer wrote:
wildweasel wrote:Comments are only coming "repeatedly" because you seem to not acknowledge the full meaning of them.

Maybe THEM don't understand what I said. Wildweasel, I'm sure that you see my Comment about "I removed them". Then, why TheMightyHeraCross returns back something that I previously delete? I made an Add-On for people to play it and then tell me ideas etc. Something that everyone wants from an Project AND NOT TO HEAR COMMENTS LIKE THIS, THAT THEY RETURN THINGS BACK THAT I PREVIOUSLY DELETE. I'm not rude in that, I just can't handle now this Thread. There's no point to keep this thread up now, all those comments ruined it. Now, I waste 2 hours of my life to write all those pointlessly. Better for me to find another forum to post this thread. Thanks a lot. And warn me, if you love so. (Done. -mgmt)

And "mgmt" Now lock my thread please. I take enough from this.
Immortal Destroyer
Banned User

Re: Removed.

Postby wildweasel » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:15 pm

It's very immature to respond to this by nuking your thread. Either post your project and accept all criticism and comments for it, or don't even bother posting. No takebacks.
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Immortal Destroyer » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:16 pm

wildweasel wrote:It's very immature to respond to this by nuking your thread. Either post your project and accept all criticism and comments for it, or don't even bother posting. No takebacks.

That means that you will not lock my thread? How can I delete it then?

EDIT; I don't think so. Comments like TheMightyHeraCross post was too much I think. I don't want these to continue, even you continued it.
Last edited by Immortal Destroyer on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Immortal Destroyer
Banned User

Postby wildweasel » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:18 pm

Immortal Destroyer wrote:How can I delete it then?

You can't delete your own threads unless nobody has replied to them at all. That ability lies solely with moderation staff. I don't think that deleting the ENTIRE MOD and its associated thread is the correct way to respond to criticism at all. At this rate I'm inclined to tell you to suck it up.
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Immortal Destroyer » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:20 pm

wildweasel wrote:
Immortal Destroyer wrote:How can I delete it then?

You can't delete your own threads unless nobody has replied to them at all. That ability lies solely with moderation staff. I don't think that deleting the ENTIRE MOD and its associated thread is the correct way to respond to criticism at all. At this rate I'm inclined to tell you to suck it up.

I don't delete the entire mod. I delete the thread, i will move it somewhere else. I just made a Back-Up.

EDIT; I don't think that "Suck it up" was good. I know that I sound like an annoying guy, but it's irritating. And yes, it's the correct way to respond to criticism. I told this Real Gore thing a hundred times.
Last edited by Immortal Destroyer on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Immortal Destroyer
Banned User

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects