WIP: Necropolis: Voices in the Night: First public release!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Re: Necropolis: Voices in the Night: First public release!

Postby Jack Mackerel » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:25 am

So is this a Condemned-style .wad, a Silent Hill-styled .wad, or some weird take on Perdido Street Station?
Jack Mackerel

Re: WIP: Necropolis: Voices in the Night: First public relea

Postby Captain J » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:20 am

well, bookmarked and it is sure spooky even it's hacked.
Captain J
'OH YE'

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Michael65 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:58 am

Cryomundus wrote:Right, so after looking at this, the things being said are references to actual things. I'm going to go out on a limb and stuff a bunch of what I think is being referred to under a spoiler, haven't quite got everything just most of it. Unsolved things will have ??? after them.

Spoiler:

Granted I have no idea if this is actually an ARG of some kind but hey, sounds odd enough to be one.

I'm still having trouble deciphering what he's saying after the initial quote, all I can hear (which are probably incorrect) are something like:
"It's hard coming back.......lead up to......see that......in necropolis"
He definitely says necropolis at the end of the phrase, but I'm terrible at deciphering voices (I have trouble hearing song lyrics correctly without first reading them) -- the distorted guitar crescendo during this doesn't help either.

After reading through the pastebin story I linked last, I kind of feel like the initial quote from the music2.ogg recording doesn't really have much significance other than just being a creepy vivid description. The style of that story has an odd fantasy/sci-fi style to it which doesn't seem like it would fit Necropolis, again, I could be wrong. Unless the author is the same person developing the mod, I don't think it has any relation to it, but it's fun to over-analyze stuff -- I'm getting a "found on the tape" ARG vibe from this. Good start on the interpretation, nevertheless.

I've also looked on the youtube video, starting by capturing individual frames of the images. So far nothing in it seems significant toward any clues of an ARG other than just being some creepy images, which I'll go over next.

Spoiler:

Image 1: It's a still frame from the static transition at the beginning of the video, there's a lot of random noise and color/image shifting and generally low quality during these parts in the video so it's pretty easy to try to visualize everything as a face or person of some sort. Personally this looks like an angled person on the right hand side of the screen standing in front of a refrigerator with what looks like an evil grin on his face. I'm unsure if he's wielding something in his right hand or not. This is the clearest frame on this portion of the video.

Image 2: This follows the initial static and it consists of a silhouette standing in a room with a fan above him. The image seems to loop with the fan rotating and a bright light in the background pulsating with a windy-tunnel noise. I don't see any significance in this scene.

Image 3: Around the last 2 frames of the "DON'T LOOK AT THE MOON" portion, some sort of face/mask or ghost-like figure appears right before going back to the static transition like at the beginning of the video. It might turn out to be an enemy type or something in the game. Also the fact that it shows up before the static hits makes me think that it has something to do with looking at the moon and the group of people associated with it.

Image 4: A portion from the static at the end of the video. Again, it consists of the same figure that I mentioned in the first image, except here the "grin" is a bit more obvious looking. I'm thinking it's supposed to be one of the crazy weapon-wielding zombie dudes that we've seen in gameplay footage.

So to sum it up, it's pretty much nothing in terms of any progress toward finding anything ARG related. My guess is that either it's not really an ARG of any sort and is rather just a kind of different style form of marketing for the mod, or it is an ARG and we haven't caught onto anything yet to lead us to the next clue, or maybe there isn't a clue yet and that's what we're waiting on next. I'm probably spending way too much time into this.
Michael65

Postby GoodYume6 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:55 pm

its obvious your file got hacked, so im trying to figure out what the fuck is those weird nonsense files, for example i found out that "DIRECTION" is a .txt with few sentences, i'll post more when i find out more of those files, its really damn creepy, and he she or theyr are somekind off "Moonseekers" lol :lol: you can see it DIRECTION.txt,
*edited: "those all files are .txt and again with nonsense words, someone should make creepypasta of this really this have good potential :D "
GoodYume6
Ecstatic

Postby Ribo Zurai » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:21 pm

Thanks Sherlock, that's a totally good reason to bump the thread.
Ribo Zurai

Postby Captain J » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:50 pm

please, everybody does know it was hacked and never cares anymore. but bump on oldest thread? not again!
Captain J
'OH YE'

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Previous

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects