DoomGuy's New HUD Faces

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Good Idea?

Yes!
53%
No.
1%
I don't know for sure.
11%
Continue your work man! I love it!
16%
Looks VERY VERY stupid.
19%

Total votes: 75

Immortal Destroyer

DoomGuy's New HUD Faces

Post by Immortal Destroyer »

Hello guys! I'm new here, and i want to tell you about my new Project.

A lot of years ago, i noticed that the World Skins from DoomGuy don't look like the HUD Faces. So, i make this Project to make a New Generation for Doom! The new HUD, that Fits with DoomGuy Skins! Ladies and Gentlemen, im happy to show you the new DoomGuy Fit HUD!;

Here's is 1 Face from my HUD;
DoomGuy My Personal Head Face.png
DoomGuy My Personal Head Face.png (23.86 KiB) Viewed 7223 times
I made almost all the HUD Faces, but give so much attention in it, and i believe that i don't need to show all my HUD Faces; I want to be a Surprise, and i believe it's worth the wait. Download Links not yet... I'm sure a Download Link will be added at November 9 2013. Tell me what did you think please.

Current Progress; 40%; Still needs Back-Up. More detailed, and smoothed edges coming VERY soon. Cleaning the Sprites in Progress.

Thanks in Advance! :D
Last edited by Immortal Destroyer on Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheMightyHeracross

Re: DoomGuy's New HUD Faces

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Sounds cool, if it gets finished. Keep it up!
You can't hide Quake 3's Doom helmet from me, I can see it. :lol:
Still looks nice though, and it's forgivable since they're basically the same guy.
Immortal Destroyer

Added a Progress thing in the Original Thread.
TheMightyHeracross wrote:Sounds cool, if it gets finished. Keep it up!
You can't hide Quake 3's Doom helmet from me, I can see it. :lol:
Still looks nice though, and it's forgivable since they're basically the same guy.
Quake 3 Arena, i know, right. Because Quake 3 Arena DoomGuy Helmet model was very nice, i picked up it, and i just add his previous face back, without any change to him, just a glass transparent effect. I was planned to make an Add-On based on that, but with HD Faces. I know how to make some lonely, but i'm a little lazy, so i will search and write here some :)
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

alternatively you could try these out :
hudface_helmet.zip
(27.37 KiB) Downloaded 729 times
:wink:

preview:
doomguy_face.gif
doomguy_face.gif (9.56 KiB) Viewed 6965 times
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

Good luck to you!
Immortal Destroyer

osjclatchford wrote:alternatively you could try these out :
hudface_helmet.zip

preview:
doomguy_face.gif
Hmmmm... Looks interesting... But the Helmet don't looks pretty cool, it's very pixelated Sprite. At least i like it. It is yours? If it's yours, i want to use it as an Alternate Helmet, and i will give you credits, of course (If you don't mind to use it). And his mouth needs some fix too, it will be a little hard to understand if he do his satanic smile (When you pickup a Weapon Face). It will also be useful for slow computers; My own Faces are Heavily Detailed work, they are also blurred, and that will make a small lag to slow computers.
grouchbag wrote:Good luck to you!
Thank you, bro!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

The pixeled helmet, I believe, was drawn by Eriance. Yes, from scratch.
torridgristle

Post by torridgristle »

Why is it blurry? Looks like a helmet icon was stretched over 2x with bicubic / bilinear setting instead of a scaler made for pixel art, like ImageResizer.
Immortal Destroyer

wildweasel wrote:The pixeled helmet, I believe, was drawn by Eriance. Yes, from scratch.
Alright, thanks, i go to search for him. But i've got a Question; You are one of the Administrators, Wildweasel? Because, in a lot of Forums Administrators have different color in their Nicknames. If you are, i want you to know that i follow all your rules with my best skills :D .
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

He is a moderator. Randy Heit (randi) is the Administrator.
Immortal Destroyer

torridGristle wrote:Why is it blurry? Looks like a helmet icon was stretched over 2x with bicubic / bilinear setting instead of a scaler made for pixel art, like ImageResizer.
I took it from a Quake 3 Arena model, that's why is blurred. If you want, i can make a separate Add-On to make it without any Blur Effect. I also want to make it, because if i sharpen it, and convert it to Indexed Color, GZDoom (Sorry if it's not related to ZDoom) will add his own Filters, and the Faces will be incredibly awesome (If you change it to the Maximum Video Quality). If you ever seen, RGB/8 color images GZDoom never add any effect to them, they just play with the normal image effects. It would be useful... Thanks for reminding me.
Immortal Destroyer

TheMightyHeracross wrote:He is a moderator. Randy Heit (randi) is the Administrator.
Thanks in Advance! :D
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

Immortal Destroyer wrote:I took it from a Quake 3 Arena model, that's why is blurred.
Blurring is the least of its problems. Quake3's art direction is intended for high contrast and overbrights, which Doom does not have. It's very clashing and you're better off using the Doom titlepic as a base.

Only reason why Doom lacked a face in Q3A is because there was an environment mapping fad in the ushering still-young 3d card renaissance era. Adding a face would mean blending another pass of a texture which would tax fillrate of many cards then (especially the Rage Pro which was commonly used among OEMs), and Q3 strived to be light on the video card (but in retrospect it could have been a lot better)
Immortal Destroyer

leileilol wrote:
Immortal Destroyer wrote:I took it from a Quake 3 Arena model, that's why is blurred.
Blurring is the least of its problems. Quake3's art direction is intended for high contrast and overbrights, which Doom does not have. It's very clashing and you're better off using the Doom titlepic as a base.

Only reason why Doom lacked a face in Q3A is because there was an environment mapping fad in the ushering still-young 3d card renaissance era. Adding a face would mean blending another pass of a texture which would tax fillrate of many cards then (especially the Rage Pro which was commonly used among OEMs), and Q3 strived to be light on the video card (but in retrospect it could have been a lot better)
The Model Filter is Trilinear, and no, High Contrast and Overbrights will DON'T make any damage to the Original HUD. My HUD is not a Model, is a Sprite. And i think i need to repeat, this DoomGuy HUD is NOT for ZDoom, is for GZDoom, i will make an alternate version for ZDoom later (I know, it still work, but the filters need to change before launching in the ZDoom). I believe you might change your vote (I enable the option to Re-Vote).
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

Immortal Destroyer wrote:
osjclatchford wrote:alternatively you could try these out :
hudface_helmet.zip

preview:
doomguy_face.gif
Hmmmm... Looks interesting... But the Helmet don't looks pretty cool, it's very pixelated Sprite. At least i like it. It is yours? If it's yours, i want to use it as an Alternate Helmet, and i will give you credits, of course (If you don't mind to use it). And his mouth needs some fix too, it will be a little hard to understand if he do his satanic smile (When you pickup a Weapon Face). It will also be useful for slow computers; My own Faces are Heavily Detailed work, they are also blurred, and that will make a small lag to slow computers.
grouchbag wrote:Good luck to you!
Thank you, bro!
You're welcome! :)

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”