[Release] Quake 1 Stuff ULTRA - version 2

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
HorrorMovieRei
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Re: [Release] Quake 1 Stuff ULTRA - version 2

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

Actually, I did make a list with all monsters and descriptions for each of them, but never released it until now. http://pastebin.com/i6cBqmUe
Shrak and Malice stuff are gonna be a part of an expansion pack for the mod I want to make eventually.
Legend

Post by Legend »

This is pretty cool. Was playing project Slipgate with it. Quite fitting. The monsters move kinda slow though. The enforcers was particularly noticeable.

Other than that and a small niggle about the drowning/gasping for air sound when pressing the "use" button against walls.
Luigi2600

Post by Luigi2600 »

Hey Horrormovieguy,

In version three (If it's ever going to be made) when you play the mod in Zandronum will it replace the models with Sprite versions of themselves?
HorrorMovieRei

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

There will be more updates in the future, but I'm gonna drop the idea of adding the sprites. I really wanted to have sprites for Software mode, but frankly, I think I bit a lot more than I could chew when I said i'd do that :oops: . The problem is that to implement the sprites I would need to make a LOT of changes to, pretty much, all the Decorate code in the mod, and it would significantly bloat the file size. Also, ripping those sprites from the models is incredibly tedious. Sorry guys.

With that said, I still have the few monsters that I did complete, and you can find them in this old thread.
Luigi2600

Post by Luigi2600 »

HorrorMovieGuy wrote:There will be more updates in the future, but I'm gonna drop the idea of adding the sprites. I really wanted to have sprites for Software mode, but frankly, I think I bit a lot more than I could chew when I said i'd do that :oops: . The problem is that to implement the sprites I would need to make a LOT of changes to, pretty much, all the Decorate code in the mod, and it would significantly bloat the file size. Also, ripping those sprites from the models is incredibly tedious. Sorry guys.

With that said, I still have the few monsters that I did complete, and you can find them in this old thread.
I didn't know about this thanks for telling me. Also I'll test out those quake enemy sprites you sent me for my upcoming Quake2DooM wad/pk3. Luckily the original QDooM creator gave me permission to use resources from QDooM if I wanted too. Anyways I'm looking forward to v0.3 when it's released, Keep up the great work man. :mrgreen:
VGAce

Post by VGAce »

please update this it is great!

i am sometimes having problems with collecting ammo backpacks even when i am not full on shotgun ammo
other times the weapon selection gets bugged out and i can not switch to the shotgun even if i have ammo for it

it would be good to call the resource files like their quake counterpart i tried replacing some of the very muffled ogg sounds (shotgun) with a less compressed one and had a hard time finding them because they arent called like the quake ones
BFG

Post by BFG »

Exquisite bouquet, Lord Crumb! this stuff fits very nicely into Doom
doomguy214

No dead Enemies Replacement Fix Here

Post by doomguy214 »

No dead Enemies Replacement Fix Here can be found here. I am not original Author. I just edited the mod:-
http://www.moddb.com/mods/na32609/downloads

Thanks for Making this cool mod
Can be used with colourful hell if loaded in the last i.e. colourful hell loaded in the last
hoover1979
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by hoover1979 »

I like this mod. :D

Nice work, merging quake and doom. Keep up the good work! :mrgreen:
Mánibranðr System

Post by Mánibranðr System »

Has anyone seen HorrorMovieGuy lately? Because I ended up loving this mod so much that I've been spending some of my free time working on the weapon code base, but until I have the go-ahead from him to work on the mod directly, I'll have to use a patch which can introduce inconveniences related to making workarounds to already established code. Anyways I am now starting work on HUD elements.
QStuff Ultra Possible HUD replacement Pt1
QStuff Ultra Possible HUD replacement Pt1
ghostboy1225

Post by ghostboy1225 »

fun fact in quake you can gib zombies with the SSG it just requires them to be at a extremely low health and nail 100% of your pellets
Mánibranðr System

Post by Mánibranðr System »

I have created a new thread for the continued development of this mod. go here to check it out. Any and all feedback is very much welcome, especially criticisms and your findings from attempting to break the mod.
HorrorMovieRei

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

Further development of this mod will be made by ArcheKruz in the other thread, so I guess the mods can lock this one.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”