[Release] Quake 1 Stuff ULTRA - version 2

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
AlphaEnt
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: [Release] Quake 1 Stuff ULTRA - version 1

Post by AlphaEnt »

HorrorMovieGuy wrote:Please do. I'd appreciate that.
I'll put you in the credits if you don't mind.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/k9562 ... ations.rar

Okay, so, i've fixed the HUD. Now, it works with your current weapons (but to improve the HUD, i've been forced to change some inventory.icon, from the pk3, check the ammo and armor inventory.icon if you want a better HUD experience)

:arrow: So, I'll sent you The hud, a modified copy of your project and several new textures, to make the Lava nailgun and lava supernailgun, also the multi grenade and multirocket.

Note: In the modified copy, i've also modified several weapons to make them fit more like Quake (in both timing and animation, at least, in my opinion)

Later tell me what you think... BTW, you (and everyone else) are totally free to use the HUD in any of your projects. That's why i've made it for. :wink:
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Seems pretty good from what I've played so far. I like how you changed how water/acid works to be a little deeper. A bit off topic, but are there any mods like this but with Quake 2 rather than 1?
AlphaEnt
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by AlphaEnt »

-Ghost- wrote:Seems pretty good from what I've played so far. I like how you changed how water/acid works to be a little deeper. A bit off topic, but are there any mods like this but with Quake 2 rather than 1?
Well, i was working on making a Quake 2 for Doom some years ago, unfortunately, the project become cancelled, sice back then, i was working on a Quake 4 rip adn didn't have time for this...
Spoiler:
Average

Post by Average »

I remember there was a Quake 2 mod over at Doom Wad Station under the TC section. Not sure if it's AlphaEnt's or another one though...
AdmiralAjax

Post by AdmiralAjax »

Just saying, you could probably put those weapons you didn't include as a separate .wad as well.
HorrorMovieRei
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

DoomQuaker wrote:The spikeball got TO MUCH life!
I noticed that. the get really annoying on maps with lots of lost souls, and since they spawn alongside the spawn(tar baby), I think I should nerf them.
A protip in the mean time: Nails are one-hit-kills on the spike mines.
DoomQuaker wrote:I'll try to make an additional wads that replaces doom textures with quake textures
Do want.
AlphaEnt wrote:Okay, so, i've fixed the HUD. Now, it works with your current weapons (but to improve the HUD, i've been forced to change some inventory.icon, from the pk3, check the ammo and armor inventory.icon if you want a better HUD experience)
Thanks, it looks awesome now!
AdmiralAjax wrote:Just saying, you could probably put those weapons you didn't include as a separate .wad as well.
Actually I'll include them in the new version. Because of the lower ammo capacity from Quake, I often feel as if you don't have enough ammo to take care of all the monsters in some more crowded maps.
And plus, lava nails are awesome. :P
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Quake textures and music alongside this would be great. I love Quake's darker style.
DoomQuaker

Post by DoomQuaker »

I've created a wad with original Quake Soundtrack + Scourge of Armagon soundtrack. These replaces the Doom2 tracks. Enjoy! (Now we need only a wad that replaces textures and we can have the perfect conversion :D )
http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/96387764/file.html
Average

Post by Average »

^
If you could make that Ultimate Doom compatible too that would be even better. ;)
DoomQuaker

Post by DoomQuaker »

Average wrote:^
If you could make that Ultimate Doom compatible too that would be even better. ;)
It can be done easily of course, but problem is: ultimate doom got less enemies than doom 2, so many quake monsters will be absent (for example ogre, ogre is to quake like imp to doom, the same for enforcer) so don't know how many people will play this on doom1/ultimate doom. anyway the mod can be done also for people who simply wants to hear quake soundtrack in doom 1.
GoodYume6

Post by GoodYume6 »

god damn! atlast some briliant Quake like mod those 3D models animations are prety neat!!
in the future i may use this stuff mod for my maps only if author will give me permision! :wub:
HorrorMovieRei

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

DoomQuaker wrote:I've created a wad with original Quake Soundtrack + Scourge of Armagon soundtrack.
Just awesome.
GoodYume6 wrote:in the future i may use this stuff mod for my maps only if author will give me permision!
Sure, go ahead. My map skills aren't quite there yet, so people can make Quake maps or whatever the hell they want for this mod. I just ask for a little credit. :wink:
Last edited by HorrorMovieRei on Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hareton

Post by Hareton »

Where to get maps from your screenshots?
HorrorMovieRei

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

Hareton wrote:Where to get maps from your screenshots?
Ultimate Torture and Torment, from Realm667

And a little update for everyone: By January I'll be able to go back to working on this mod, so expect a new version with some small fixes by the end of January aswell as the sprites for software mode.
I'll also be adding the Lava nails, multi rockets and the new HUD provided by AlphaEnt. There will also be a secret monster who I'm sure everyone wil recognize...
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Was looking for some Quake mods,im suprised no one continued working on this. (see last comment posted December 23 2013)

All we need now is making the maps from Quake 1 (including the hub world with the gates wich give different difficulty levels),some of the missing monsters+bosses and missing weapons.

And we finally got ourselves a Quake 1 TC wad. (wich im surprised no one made yet,even a Quake 2 TC wad)

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”