[Release] Quake 1 Stuff ULTRA - version 2

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
HorrorMovieRei
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Re: [Release] Quake 1 Stuff ULTRA - version 1.9

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

Enjay wrote:if you get within melee range of a vore...
Oops. I overlooked that when I changed the Vore spawn. I'll look through the code to see if I find any other bugs like this and then I'll reupload the mod. I couldn't do much playtesting because my video card is dying for some reason. :blergh:
Ed the Bat wrote:I see a concern about the gremlin causing a crash? I'd help investigate, if you can give some more details. What circumstances do you see it happen? I'm not seeing it happen yet (tested so far only with Grunt and Rottweiler corpses)
It works on some monsters, but not on others. The Shambler is one of the monsters that crashes for example.
I saved the crash report that I got while testing it on Zandronum, if it helps, I uploaded it: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/423 ... Report.zip
Enjay wrote:I also noticed that fiends and death knights (maybe others?) can jump down from ledges where their Doom equivalents wouldn't. In some maps (Doom2 map29 for example) this meant a lot of enemies jumping off of ledges and then wandering around harmlessly in the blood lake below me as I took the high road.
In Quake when the knights get close enough, they'll initiate their attack by swinging while still running at you, then they start their normal attack when they get in the actuall range for melee. I tried to replicate that by having the knight charge at you(with a negative A_Recoil) and swing when he gets close enough. The nasty side effect of that is that he will often jump off ledges when he's within charge distance. I haven't thought of a solution to that yet. Maybe I should just make it a regular melee attack that only happens on the first attack. Not as fancy but oh well...
I don't really mind that for the Fiends though, as they could be easilly baited into jumping down tall ledges in Quake.
TwelveEyes

Post by TwelveEyes »

HorrorMovieGuy wrote:
Ed the Bat wrote:I see a concern about the gremlin causing a crash? I'd help investigate, if you can give some more details. What circumstances do you see it happen? I'm not seeing it happen yet (tested so far only with Grunt and Rottweiler corpses)
It works on some monsters, but not on others. The Shambler is one of the monsters that crashes for example.
I saved the crash report that I got while testing it on Zandronum, if it helps, I uploaded it: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/423 ... Report.zip
After an hour or so of messing around with the gremlin and various monster corpses, I'm pretty sure I've found your problem. It seems models with the INTERPOLATEDDOUBLEDFRAMES flag in the modeldef file will cause a crash when the gremlin tries to "feed" off them. It appears zdoom doesn't like interpolating the repeated frames in a monster's raise state. :-?
HorrorMovieRei

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

Alright, that did the trick. Thanks :wink:
I fixed the gremlin and the bugs you guys pointed out. Updated the OP again with the -real- Version 2.
TwelveEyes

Re: [Release] Quake 1 Stuff ULTRA - version 2

Post by TwelveEyes »

I've also fixed the super nailgun and lava super nailgun so they rotate correctly (also works as it should in quad damage mode). The attached decorate txt file contains the changes.
Attachments
DECORATE.txt
(98.72 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
Matsilagi
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Matsilagi »

Oh, now it feels pretty much 100% complete to me, congrats!
Also, an idea for the future: It would be nice to have it compatible with Hexen and Heretic.

Also, found 2 more bugs:
When in Overheal (more than 100 health), if the player takes damage, the head on the HUD will show his "etheral" state instead of damage state.
The Ogre's grenades, as soon as they stop bouncing, they make the explosion sound, then actually explodes (this is highly annoying, my tatic to kill him relies on the grenade working correctly)
Aand, maybe the Nailgun and Supernailgun refire is a bit faster (According to the sourcecode, the right delay is 0.1)
HorrorMovieRei

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

Okay, fixed the grenade sound thing, and I'll get around to fixing more bugs later. There's a link to a small bug fix in the OP.
Sorry everyone for all these bugs, but I seriosly cannot play GZdoom for more than 5 minutes with my faulty video card, so it's been almost impossible playtesting the mod.
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

I found a bug on map27, the computer-area-map item is completly missing with your mod. I didn't check if this happens with other computer map items in different maps.
Sorry if this is a necro-post, I don't know if you are still working in this (I hope so, I love your mod!)
By the way, some monsters like Vores or Guardians haven't idle animations. Is this suppose to be a bug too?
Spoiler:
HorrorMovieRei

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

Yeah, when I finished this version I couldn't properly playtest it because by computer was going bonkers, so a lot of glitches are probably still present. I should already have fixed them but I forgot :p
I'll look into it when I have the time, and make a more stable version. And yes, the vores and guardians don't have idle animations.
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

I tested the current version in a lot of wads and megawads and it is very stable, the only monster that I missed (besides the Rotfish and the Electric Eel) was the Hell Spawn, That green slime could have a rare chance to replace a normal Spawn. Funny fact that they were very rare to see in the second Quake expansion too. Take your time with the next update!

By the way, I love how Armagon and the HECU soldiers have idle sounds :D
Luigi2600

Post by Luigi2600 »

I was poking some fun with this wad thanks to the slade editor and the wads are in the description of the video in case you wanted to know where these maps came from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImbuSdGKBpg
Luigi2600

Post by Luigi2600 »

I also might have plans of releasing a "pk3" of quake stuff featuring recreations of the quake maps made by other doom waders with credit as well. If I ever finish it the name of the pk3 is "GZQuake"
RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

I wish there was a way that I could port the 3D models you have to 3DGE. I make some quake-styled maps for the engine because of my computer's inability to function well with anything above GZD 1.8.. I'd be mapping for old ports and most of the levels would only be up to a medium-size. Large maps cause slowdown unfortunately.
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

Thetis (Wrath of Cronos creator) got a texture pack to be used with Doom to give it a more Hexen-y feel to the levels, but it fits with Quake ULTRA too.

http://www.**LINK_DISABLED**.org/download?file= ... ex1_8a.wad

Some screenshots:
Spoiler:
I hope to see updates soon, I think that this mod has really good potential :P
BFG

Post by BFG »

delicious mod, love the usage of 3D models, playing through all the megawads I can find with this baby!
I wish there was a Blood 2 mod like this someday..
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

So, is there a list of all monsters that have been added? Which from the expansion packs? Does Shrak count as an expansion pack?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”