[WIP] Can someone delete this plz

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Re: [WIP] Can someone delete this plz

Postby Nash » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:11 am

Damn I wanted to see what pictures were in the OP.
Nash
Twitter/Facebook/Youtube: nashmuhandes

Twitch ID: nashmuhandes
Github ID: nashmuhandes

Postby mallo » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:16 am

My browser cached the page but not pictures. :?
mallo
GO TO NEXT SECTOR.

Postby Hellser » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:33 am

Nash wrote:Damn I wanted to see what pictures were in the OP.

They were nifty. Hopefully the OP will post them again in the near future.
Hellser
Remember Citadel
Global Moderator

Discord: Hellser#8156
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Ghastly » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:26 am

Kinsie wrote:I decided, in the name of scientific research, to recreate the Infamous Stolen Texture and see how long it took using incredibly scientific methods (the stopwatch on my phone)

Jimmy wrote:Which I should reiterate is not that resources were stolen/edited, but specific ideas clearly were.
Ghastly
Rather ghastly
Spotlight Team

Postby wildweasel » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:19 am

Of all the ways this could have ended, I was really hoping it wouldn't have been with one person or the other removing their topic. I don't like seeing people "blank out" their topics, and really, mild arguments aside, I know of a handful of ZDoomers who were actually interested in this project coming out. It really didn't have to come to this. I was hoping Fuzzy and Jimmy could come to some agreement that didn't involve the total nuking of the project.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby CruX » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:21 am

Ghastly_dragon wrote:
Kinsie wrote:I decided, in the name of scientific research, to recreate the Infamous Stolen Texture and see how long it took using incredibly scientific methods (the stopwatch on my phone)

Jimmy wrote:Which I should reiterate is not that resources were stolen/edited, but specific ideas clearly were.

Yeah, and he failed to give any substantive argument for his ideas being "ripped off" as well, unless you consider "bright grass" and "square textures" substantive.

You wanna know something funny, yet sad? Until this thread came along, I'd actually never played Adventures of Square, and if it hadn't come along, I probably never would have.
CruX
"I...suppose I don't really find this sort of thing sexy."

Postby Kinsie » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:31 pm

Ghastly_dragon wrote:

Jake Solomon wrote:Good execution is 1000X more important than good ideas in this job. But god damn are the good ideas fun.

Globe wrote:Yeah, and he failed to give any substantive argument for his ideas being "ripped off" as well, unless you consider "bright grass" and "square textures" substantive.
"MSPaint Textures" and the MSPaint Textures mark are © The Jimmy Corporation and are used under license.
Kinsie
Dog Days

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Postby Abba Zabba » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:49 pm

I think it's really childish when people wipe out their thread, now I'm curious to what it actually looked like. And kinsie, you're still not helping.
Abba Zabba

Postby Nash » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:30 am

Stop being a dick, Kinsie.
Nash
Twitter/Facebook/Youtube: nashmuhandes

Twitch ID: nashmuhandes
Github ID: nashmuhandes

Postby CaptainToenail » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:53 am

I'm just a bit miffed that DRAIN was discarded so quickly for another project. (especially one with weird furry stuff :lol: )

FuzzyBlaze, if you are going to start a team project it's generally a good idea to stick with it, especially when members of said team have spent time making resources for it. I don't really have any desire to map for it anymore anyway now, you can sign me off the team. :(
CaptainToenail

Postby CruX » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:18 am

CaptainToenail wrote:I'm just a bit miffed that DRAIN was discarded so quickly for another project. (especially one with weird furry stuff :lol: )

FuzzyBlaze, if you are going to start a team project it's generally a good idea to stick with it, especially when members of said team have spent time making resources for it. I don't really have any desire to map for it anymore anyway now, you can sign me off the team. :(

When I read this,

IT'S IMPORTANT THAT SOMEONE MUST JOIN THE TEAM TO DO THE MONSTER SPRITES AND THE PLAYER SPRITES, OTHERWISE WE WON'T GET FAR ON THIS!

I figured the chances of DRAIN ever being completed were sitting somewhere in the single digits. It's sad, because that actually looked really cool.
CruX
"I...suppose I don't really find this sort of thing sexy."

Postby zrrion the insect » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:20 pm

I have a feeling that's why fuzzy started this, the resources for an MSpaint themed thing would be easier to make.
FuzzyBlaze, I'd be willing to help out with this, if you're interested.
zrrion the insect
Like a fish in a child's hands.

Postby Tormentor667 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:46 am

As long as you don't delete the project....
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Mikk- » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:35 am

So.. What? Like, seriously. MS Paint projects are not original in the slightest. No matter for what game. I'm certain that there's texture packs for fraggin minecraft that look similar to tAoS. It's hard to create a unique look when you're going for "simplistic, mspaint cartoony graphics" there is only so much you can do, of course there are going to be similarities.
Mikk-
yooooooooooo

Discord: Mikk0451#3922

Postby Cardboard Marty » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:44 am

I have no idea why this topic is still open. There's no longer a project to show, the thread is literally us being snarky or reiterating the same points over and over again.
Cardboard Marty
"WHAT??? YOU are telling me the guy just updates when ever he wants?"

Discord: Cardboard Marty#1337
Twitch ID: CarlosAtBV

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects